• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
If I'm not mistaken I think I actually remember this username & avatar combo from the gamespot forums at least 15 years ago, so grats for the consistency and sorry if this sounds stalker-ish lol.

Yup, I think it's either been this avatar or the Omega Red one since then, both drawn by zZombie.

I haven't been on Gamespot in years, I wonder what the state of their forums is.

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
It's a portrait by the French artist François-Xavier Fabre, currently found in the Scottish National Gallery. The painting is inscribed with the name 'M Camille' which can be seen when viewing the portrait in real life. Whether the individual portrayed is said M Camille is not confirmed, but is presumed to be. That's all we really know about him, but whoever he was, he has been immortalised in portraiture. It was used as cover art for a previous Wordsworth Classics edition of The Count of Monte Cristo, a favourite novel of mine.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tyranitar is my favorite Pokémon.

My username, Tyraniboah, is the moniker used to describe a particularly powerful, game-wrecking incarnation of Tyranitar, back in the days of GBA competitive Pokemon. Usually consisted of Focus Punch, Substitute, Fire Blast, and whatever coverage or STAB in the final slot, and was meant to demolish the Skarmory/Blissey defensive core and opposing Tyranitar.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
It's Father Gascoigne from Bloodborne, which is one of my favourite bosses and characters involving a quest.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
It's a drawing I did of a man from some sort of 1950's spaghetti (sauce?) advertisement. I enjoyed the expression on his face.
It's meant to evoke Hirohiko Araki's artstyle.

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I've done this before...

Anyway, mine is Fumi from Devil Survivor 2. I like her sprite artwork a lot, so that's why I picked it.

Originally, I was going to have a Chie avatar but there were people using the ones I wanted to use at the old place, so I went with this one. Someone cleaned it up for me and made better ones, which is the one I'm using now.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Chaos space marine with Ronnie Coleman's swole arms amateurly MS Painted on.

MUSCLE FOR THE MUSCLE GOD
blood for the blood god

6f282d913f0433b345987914db24df50ab19f2de

Ain't nothin but a peanut

GlassCup64

Dec 16, 2017
This was a Big Bird Christmas decoration that friends found at a Goodwill. They then proceeded to dress it up in a cowboy costume and gave it car keys.

I hope I'm not the only person who finds that hilarious.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
No real reason other than procrastination. I sketched the original between classes, touched it up in some free vector program years later and the spider-man insert was added by someone else during Era's "Add Spider-man to your avatar" thread.

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
It was the Enderman from Minecraft, before they changed the eye colour to purple. I always thought green was creepier and more appropriate.

Gav

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm a huge trance music fan.
Pure Trance being my favourite label / club night / radio show / brand. By an enormous margin.

My avatar is the Pure Trance logo.

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
Gintoki from Gintama. I think this avatar is the best way to describe this character, he is definitely not giving a shit