• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Been seeing this more and more that apparently Zoomers not only dab on Boomers but also on Millenials even though they got fucked by the Big Bad Bs too.
Am I just seeing this wrong?

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
I've only seen this narrative from millennials lol. Not actual Zoomers. No idea if it's true

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
from what I've seen they clown on millennials mainly because it's funny lol. we gave shit to Gen X too. it's just what you do.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking as a millennial, the jokes are good. Inter-generational scuffling is all just postures and sweeping assumptions, so just enjoy the jokes.

Oct 30, 2017
This is normal.

Talking shit between generations is normal banter.

Zoomers will rip on the millennials love for the 90s. And Millenials act like tide pods are Zoomers primary source of nutrition.

It's meaningless.

And as someone above mentioned, if you get offended, you may as well be a boomer.

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I'm a Zoomer myself and I think Millenials are perhaps a bit shit in terms of taste, they like Harry Potter unironically

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
This is normal.

Talking shit between generations is normal banter.

Zoomers will rip on the millennials love for the 90s. And Millenials act like tide pods are Zoomers primary source of nutrition.

It's meaningless.
And destructive. Just another means to draw lines between people who overwhelmingly have the same goals and needs and make them enemies.

Ryutaryi

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, they're ribbing us like every generation does to the one that came before. To be fair, we did like a lot of dumb shit so getting clowned on for it is expected.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
I love that they've latched onto the Harry Potter thing because it's so true and something millennials have already been making fun of each other for. I mean seriously read another book
Kids always take the piss out of their parents generations.

That's all this is too.
zoomers' parents aren't millennials tho. more gen x

Deckerd

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am an older Millenial. I love zoomers. They are hilarious and I identify with their outlook on life. I think they are just making fun of stupid millenial things like "adulting", Harry Potter etc. WE are old now, and we have some very lame parts of our "identity" that should be made fun of haha.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've literally only heard the "Zooners hate millennials" anecdote from overly sensitive millennials who saw a TikTok by a Zoomer who poked fun at our shitty music taste during the 90's and 2000's and our collective obsession of Harry Potter and bad Disney movies.

Both generations look to be highly aligned politically therefore I doubt you'll see huge fissures in the two cultures. At least in the near term.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They can be 'allies' and still be critical in my book. I welcome it... though a lot of the memes about millennials tend to not apply to myself (the important ones at least), so I might have an easier time of it. lol

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As a millennial, I thought Dab was when you do that stupid shit with your arms in your shoulder, or when you hit cannabis oil... didn't know it also meant talking shit. Kids these days..

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
It's normal. Right now, they are in the early shit talk phase, but eventually it will come full circle and we'll be blamed for their problems and be told we did not do enough etc. It will happen to them as well.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
And destructive. Just another means to draw lines between people who overwhelmingly have the same goals and needs and make them enemies.
laaaaame. if clowning on making your entire identity be that you identify as a hufflepuff is enough to poison the entire relationship there was never anything solidarity could've done any way. nobody rational actually treats this as a divide that would prevent millennials and zoomers from fighting for the ame things in society. intergenerational joshing isn't destructive come on don't be melodramatic.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
H9aT6gw.jpg

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Millennials are the parents of zoomers, I'll let you figure that one out.

They think we kind of dropped the ball 2000-2016, which is a fair criticism. In our defense we had to deal with the fallout of the 08 crash.

Correction, GenX are the parents of zoomers.

Last edited:

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Zoomers don't give a fuck. I don't think it's very directed or personal at all lol

The only "zoomers" I've seen bashing Millenials genuinely are those weird kids who are forced into the lifestyle of pick up after their ultra conservative parents.

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Both generations are generally competent with technology, millenials maybe moreso since we grew up with old analog tech the zoomers have little to no idea how to use (rotary phones. cassettes, VHS players, old PCs and cellphones, etc)

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
The prior generation always gets dunked on by their kids.

It's why I return the favor and I dunk on my own kid sometimes. Her and her friends dunk on me regularly lol.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm a Zoomer myself and I think Millenials are perhaps a bit shit in terms of taste, they like Harry Potter unironically

What does it mean to like Harry Potter ironically?

Tbh I thought it was kind of funny that "Zoomers" clearly know the ins and outs of Harry Potter houses enough to accurately joke about it, but maybe I'm taking it too seriously

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
After their age stops being useful (buying beer) or aspirational (I wanna grow up like them), every generation hates the group just above them. The stated reasons may be different but the effect is the same.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017

Think it's less millennials in general and more white millennials, Zoomers target with their jokes.

May 25, 2019
London
I doubt it's outright hate - more likely just annoyance. And honestly, I can't blame them - millennial culture can be pretty cringe at times. I can't believe some people still use the term "adulting"

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I'm Gen X and my kid is a zoomer

A lot of zoomers have gen x parents, not millenial. She loves to bash you guys

Not sure how my gen always manages to slip under the radar 🤷‍♂️

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
What does it mean to like Harry Potter ironically?

Tbh I thought it was kind of funny that "Zoomers" clearly know the ins and outs of Harry Potter houses enough to accurately joke about it, but maybe I'm taking it too seriously

knowyourmeme.com

Read Another Book

Read Another Book is an expression used to criticize the overreliance on comparisons to Harry Potter in mainstream politics, particularly by Resistance Twitter users. It can also be used similarly as a catchphrase intended to criticize people who use the Harry Potter series to compare real-world...

It's not zoomer exclusive. I'm a millenial with older millenial friends and we often notice and laugh at people our age (25-35) who seem to use Harry Potter as a metaphor for anything, especially in a cringe way (remember that old Photoshop of Warren, Beto, and Pete as the main HP characters?).

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like generational psychology is kinda bullshit, to be honest. They're kids/young adults and figuring out their way in the world. Everyone does it. Sure culture (technology being a big part of it) is different, but it all goes back to that classic struggle of "where do I fit in in this world?" It's just the stages of life, really.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Zomg I just paid my bills online! Yayyyyy! Adulting! Touch my butt and buy me pizza! Who's ready for some wine!?!?

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Kids always take the piss out of their parents generations.

That's all this is too.

When the first zoomers were being born, the oldest millennials would have been teens. Late zoomers could have millennial parents but those zoomers are pre-teens. For the vast majority of zoomers making fun of millennials, the latter aren't from their parent's generation.