• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
So I haven't been a member of PSN+ for awhile (mostly because of moving and being overly busy) but my schedule has been normalizing and I figured I could get back into the swing of it. I ordered 2 PSN Plus year codes on amazon back at the end of 2017 and I still have them on Amazon. Unfortunately when I got to redeem them it says they're expired.. I never knew codes expired in the first place, since I've had Xbox codes that I use over years, and it's kind of a bummer to waste 80 bucks on these only to find they won't work because I waited too long.. Anything that can be done? I've heard Sony CS can be impossible to deal with so I assume i'm already screwed here.

That's where I bought it from, I don't see anything on it that says hey you better use it immediately.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
I believe every PSN code has an expiry date, so best to use them instantly.

Try contact Sony.

OP
OP
goldenpp73

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Amazon support said they can't issue a code because they didn't 'develop the code' and told me to contact Sony.. Seems kinda shitty that they don't mention these codes expire on the site :/

Res

Oct 25, 2017
Happened to me as well. Bought a code a couple years ago that was on sale on amazon, and figured that I would save it if I ever decided I wanted to play online again. Tried putting the code a few months ago, but it was invalid. I wasn't given an expiration date when I bought it

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
this happened to me, and after wasting hours contacting sony support all i got out of it was a $5 psn code from them (for quite a few expensive gift cards i purposely didn't load to my account immediately...in fear of losing them if i got hacked lol). let this be a lesson to the masses i guess

Khaidu

Oct 28, 2017
PSN codes are usually a mess, from my experience reviewing games. It's pretty common that I get codes that don't work, and this also gives you an error message in the line of "expired or already used".

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
That's pretty weird I have codes i bought back last year and I pray my Xbox nor PSN codes get expired. Ask amazon about this.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
I think what can happen is once you buy one of the codes they become activated and can technically be redeemed by anyone who guessed the code. There are plenty of people online who guessed an activated code correctly without owning one. That's why I always redeem my codes immediately. I'm don't know when or if those codes expire but these things seem to happen more often with codes which haven't been redeemed after their activation / purchase.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
i am not sure whether to call you stringent or paranoid.
sony / psn has been hacked an unreal amount of times. i trusted myself to not lose the code more than i trust that company. still do, but i won't make the mistake of buying discount PSN codes i'm not gonna use immediately again, and i hope whoever reads this doesn't either unfortunately

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
sony / psn has been hacked an unreal amount of times. i trusted myself to not lose the code more than i trust that company. still do, but i won't make the mistake of buying discount PSN codes i'm not gonna use immediately again, and i hope whoever reads this doesn't either unfortunately
Besides the big outage, are you talking individual account hacks or system wide hacks? I still feel like the 360 FIFA shit is the worst stealing of money from accounts that I have experienced personally.

Apr 24, 2018
Oh wow - that sucks! I guess I'll be using the code I bought last weekend tonight. Wanted to grab the Utawarerumono games that are on sale, anyways, so I need to activate by Weds night, anyways.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
Besides the big outage, are you talking individual account hacks or system wide hacks? I still feel like the 360 FIFA shit is the worst stealing of money from accounts that I have experienced personally.
fifa stuff wasn't just on xbox , used to get 2FA notifications on my PSN account a few times a year, admittedly haven't in a while ('a while' being about a year and a half)

i get random ass messages and group invites from 0 trophy accounts on PSN about monthly (admittedly i could turn off all messages from strangers but i welcome meeting friends in online games so i deal with it)