• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working in retail and the manager is salivating at the opportunity to reopen. Stores are closed nationwide so either they open specifically for Texas or just stay closed. Currently in the dark.

It's fucking evil. They don't give two shits about your health, it's all about the "opportunity." Treating a pandemic like a gold rush.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
salons stay closed until the 18th it seems, unless there is a second wave.

The saddest part of everything is all these assholes making these decisions and comments know they are safe. Greg Abbott stays in power till 2022, Dan Patrick stays in power till 2023. They know they can talk all they fucking want and nobody can do shit to them for multiple years.

Yeah, we're thinking of having her use her vacation hours if they reopen, and sadly hope for a second wave before sending everyone back home again. It's awful.

Fucking scumbags, man

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, we're thinking of having her use her vacation hours if they reopen, and sadly hope for a second wave before sending everyone back home again. It's awful.

Fucking scumbags, man

it's come to this, we're rooting for a second wave, because it's what will keep us safe from having them open the floodgates.

I feel sick over this.

TurokTTZ

Oct 25, 2017
Son of a bitch!
**** Off Abbott. PoS swine. That fool best not visit Houston any time soon.

Edit: for some reason I'm late as hell. Top kek.

On the plus side I got some friends covered. Everyone wearing masks and staying at home or one of my safehouses... Though at this point I might as well accept that a particular friend of mine will be living in one of my spots for life.

Last edited:

Malajax

Oct 27, 2017
0% chance any restaurants follow those 25% guidelines
That's what I'm saying for malls too. How the hell are you gonna enforce that? I guarantee the Galleria has been over capacity or damn near it, and nobody bat's an eye. That mall has over a dozen entrances and I doubt they'll be watching them all. Is it 25% capacity of the mall then within the mall another 25% capacity per store? Ridiculous. No one's gonna follow this.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
That's what I'm saying for malls too. How the hell are you gonna enforce that? I guarantee the Galleria has been over capacity or damn near it, and nobody bat's an eye. That mall has over a dozen entrances and I doubt they'll be watching them all. Is it 25% capacity of the mall then within the mall another 25% capacity per store? Ridiculous. No one's gonna follow this.

Abbot can say Texas is reopened, but the mall is not going to get full any time soon.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, even if they have someone there at the door counting people, the second they get yelled at by someone they'll probably just give up and start letting people in. Then everyone will be touching stuff in the stores causing germs to be spread. Not like the police are gonna do anything to actually enforce it.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
There are no movies even out right now. Every movie that was in theaters before this crisis hit, is on demand on your television.

Oct 28, 2017
Look I don't have the authority to close all of our restaurants and bars. I voted against the guy who decided to open them, he still won, and now they're gonna be open on the 18th. If I, one guy who's already confirmed negative and has antibodies, legally shows up at a dive bar that Saturday, I'm not now responsible for everyone the governor has killed.

The part I feel selfish about is for getting to enjoy myself for a night or two while others are suffering, before I resume the suffering myself

You're responsible for the people you kill. Which may not be zero. If you can live with that, you're not much better than Trump.

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Texan here. Its too soon. This is risking lives. People are still dying at my work. Why are we taking such risk? Are lives not important? How can you have a successful economy when individuals lives are at risk?

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texan here. Its too soon. This is risking lives. People are still dying at my work. Why are we taking such risk? Are lives not important? How can you have a successful economy when individuals lives are at risk?
Republicans value money more than life. Dan Patrick has even gone on tv multiple times and admitted it

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Republicans value money more than life. Dan Patrick has even gone on tv multiple times and admitted it
Sounds what's happening here. I knew that many people In TX weren't going to have the level of discipline to continue with these limits on their "freedoms." But, I'm not alone in feeling that it's too soon. Many other Texans agree. But, were the minority in this sentiment Im afraid.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
This weekend I heard on 94.5 the buzz an ad it was like buzzword bingo: lame stream media, fake news, liberal hoax, frenzy over reaction. And then it said flu, abortions, car accidents kill more.
Saying it's time to get back to work.

It was pretty enraging. Whoever did it didn't have the balls to put their name on it.

Oct 25, 2017
So what happens to a restaurant worker that reports back to work and only gets like 15 hours cause no one is showing up, can they still claim unemployment benefits...cause that would blow.

Oct 25, 2017
Dallas,tx
Our governor is so stupid. My friends and family are all excited to go out to eat and go to the mall. Smh I'm going to keep what I've been doing and just stay home. I like how he said they are doing a two week phase 1 and go to phase 2 if there are no flare ups. Like come on that's exactly what's going to happen.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Our governor is so stupid. My friends and family are all excited to go out to eat and go to the mall. Smh I'm going to keep what I've been doing and just stay home. I like how he said they are doing a two week phase 1 and go to phase 2 if there are no flare ups. Like come on that's exactly what's going to happen.

And no mention of what they would do if there WERE a new wave of cases. No contingency plan on how to deal with the angry mobs of people that finally got to have their way only to be told nevermind and that they have to stay at home more.

What a fucking shit show. I'm staying my ass home and waiting for news about the inevitable second wave. They better not cancel any of the relief programs because of this either.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phase 2 stuff is so ridiculous. Phase 2 is barely at the 14 day incubation period so of course everything will open then.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds what's happening here. I knew that many people In TX weren't going to have the level of discipline to continue with these limits on their "freedoms." But, I'm not alone in feeling that it's too soon. Many other Texans agree. But, were the minority in this sentiment Im afraid.

Pew did a poll suggesting it's about a 66-32 split between Americans who want to keep things shut down and people who want to open up. I don't know what a Texas only poll would be but I bet it'd be similar. Protests so far have been a relative handful of people on far right, not big chunks of cities or states.

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
to clarify, I don't think you're a villain or anything. I'm just in houston, and my mom is at the absolute most risk category to die. Today she had an awful chemo therapy bout, and still needs several more rounds. I worry about my mom constantly, we are all being extremely careful but I think about every crack that could happen. Any small slip up, anything that can spread it. I think about my dad, too, normally a stoic man, who has told me openly on the phone that he is terrified of dying of covid. He tells me, "please, I don't want to die like that, alone in a room choking up my lungs." It breaks my heart to hear him talk like that.

Thank you so much for reconsidering, please stay safe.

just one thing to never forget: this is the state where these very people who are making this decision, have openly said multiple times that they are OK with old people dying if it means the economy is restarted. They have made it extremely clear that they don't care about our health, only money. I don't trust Greg Abbott one fucking bit to tell me what is or isn't safe, when he didn't chide his second in command one bit for openly saying twice that "there are things more important than living" about the economy.

I'm really sorry for what you and your family are going through right now and out of respect for y'all I'm gonna pledge to not go out even when the state reopens things. When I made my original comment I was all wrapped up in my own current frustration and I lost perspective of what's happening for everyone

Last edited:

Macam

Nov 8, 2018
People saying "opening slowly is how you do it" clearly haven't looked at how other countries that successfully managed to contain the virus (Taiwan, South Korea, Germany, Hong Kong) did so. They all had adequate PPE, testing, and contact tracing. No state, let alone Texas, has that.

This is a death cult ideology that will needlessly get people killed and set all states back further. There's zero reason to do this at this point in time.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
People saying "opening slowly is how you do it" clearly haven't looked at how other countries that successfully managed to contain the virus (Taiwan, South Korea, Germany, Hong Kong) did so. They all had adequate PPE, testing, and contact tracing. No state, let alone Texas, has that.

This is a death cult ideology that will needlessly get people killed and set all states back further. There's zero reason to do this at this point in time.
It's what happens when from top-down everything is garbage.

Trump only cares about the markets.

If they're not doing good, because people are home all day, then he's not going to be happy.

I'm scared to know the final death count.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This weekend I heard on 94.5 the buzz an ad it was like buzzword bingo: lame stream media, fake news, liberal hoax, frenzy over reaction. And then it said flu, abortions, car accidents kill more.
Saying it's time to get back to work.

It was pretty enraging. Whoever did it didn't have the balls to put their name on it.

94.5 the buzz is god awful

especially rod ryan

WUSUP WUSUP WUSUP

he talks like a third rate chris berman with that frog in his throat

KingBae

Oct 28, 2017
I'm in Austin and I'm just gonna keep calm and quarantine on. I do need to move at some point, though.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Went and stocked up on supplies today, spent over $500. My plan is to not leave my place for the next 3 weeks for absolutely any reason. Fuck this stupid order, I'm not gonna get sick so baybrook mall can make some money.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Went and stocked up on supplies today, spent over $500. My plan is to not leave my place for the next 3 weeks for absolutely any reason. Fuck this stupid order, I'm not gonna get sick so baybrook mall can make some money.
Yeah, we kind of overstocked, so I wasn't planning on going until next week, but I might go tomorrow instead.