• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I mean it was moving that way to full on open once that oil crash hit. You know Dem boyz were blowing up his personal phone. They're just trying to be sneaky about using made up % s

I like how all of these announcements in every single state include a hand-waive about "additional testing" with nothing to back it up.

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
I like how all of these announcements in every single state include a hand-waive about "additional testing" with nothing to back it up.
Yup, not like they were max testing to begin with. But now we surely will do "more"!

I wonder can we also tour the state capital and governors mansion now that's it's safe to open?

chimpsteaks

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 12, 2019
I think this is a really bad idea, but as a Texas resident I must admit that I will selfishly enjoy these next couple of weeks of everything being open again until it inevitably needs to all be shut down again. Gonna have to get some good nights in at the bar while I can, because this will probably be a brief window

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is a really bad idea, but as a Houston resident I must admit that I will selfishly enjoy these next couple of weeks of everything being open again until it inevitably needs to all be shut down again

i mean, this is the mentality that will cause the 2nd wave (which will probably be worse).

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is a really bad idea, but as a Texas resident I must admit that I will selfishly enjoy these next couple of weeks of everything being open again until it inevitably needs to all be shut down again. Gonna have to get some good nights in at the bar while I can, because this will probably be a brief window
Bars won't open till the 18th at the earliest.

Oct 27, 2017
This is dangerous behavior at best and you shouldn't brag about putting others in danger so you can club.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

You literally should be ashamed and I can only hope you or people you care about aren't harmed by you knowingly undertaking bad behaviour.

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, San Marcos, New Braunfels, Corpus Christi, South Padre Island, Lubbock, College Station, Waco and El Paso are going to be total shitshows.

FML

Last edited:

chimpsteaks

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 12, 2019
You literally should be ashamed and I can only hope you or people you care about aren't harmed by you knowingly undertaking bad behaviour.

I've already passed the virus a month ago and am now negative. Even though you couldn't have known that because I didn't mention it previously, you're still misdirecting your anger for our terrible governor at some random guy

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I've already passed the virus a month ago and am now negative. Even though you didn't know that, you're still misdirecting your anger at our terrible governor

You have no way of knowing if it's something you can't catch again, to to mention you can pick it up on your hands and transmit it around that way.

You were the one bragging about how you know it's bad but you're gonna party while you can.

If you don't want your irresponsible decisions, you literally admit to knowing are irresponsible, to be judged, don't share them

:)

Oct 27, 2017
Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Autin, San Antonio, San Marcos, New Braunfels, Corpus Christi, South Padre Island, Lubbock, College Station, Waco and El Paso are going to be total shitshows.

FML
This. And the rebuttal of mask requirements means a bunch of macho pricks are going to go out and breathe on people this weekend and spread it on workers.

undecided

Oct 27, 2017
I am going to go into even more of a restrictive mode in Austin due to this.

No more to-go orders from any restaurants that are seating customers when that begins.

Oct 25, 2017
Hold on to your butts. We were saved here.in Houston by shutting the rodeo down. The mega churches are going to be a real burner. We are going to continue to hunker down at my house and I think my job is going to let me wfh 2-3 days a week for the foreseeable future. The problem I have is the federal court is going to be open soon and I have some business there- one of their security guards passed a few weeks ago even.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Hold on to your butts. We were saved here.in Houston by shutting the rodeo down. The mega churches are going to be a real burner. We are going to continue to hunker down at my house and I think my job is going to let me wfh 2-3 days a week for the foreseeable future. The problem I have is the federal court is going to be open soon and I have some business there- one of their security guards passed a few weeks ago even.

There are "minimum" "recommended" "guidelines" for churches...

Oct 28, 2017
I've already passed the virus a month ago and am now negative. Even though you couldn't have known that because I didn't mention it previously, you're still misdirecting your anger for our terrible governor at some random guy

Way to be a selfish person. Who cares if someone dies as a direct result of your actions? At least you got to party at the bar.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
www.statesman.com

Abbott eases coronavirus rules: Retail, restaurants, movies to reopen in Texas Friday

Saying his stay-at-home order "has done its job," Gov. Greg Abbott said Monday he will lift the restriction on Thursday and allow many

Phase 1 of retail, restaurants, movie theaters, malls, museums, and libraries can open to 25% capacity starting May 1st. Phase 2 will be May 18th if there are no flare-ups.

Bars, gyms, salons, and barber shops not included in phase 1.

Local orders requiring masks will be superseded by the state saying no penalties or fines can be imposed.

Texas is going to see a spike in cases from this for sure. I also expect this will do fuck all for the economy. Just cuz people can go out doesn't mean they will. Sure some will, but most won't.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is all to get people off of unemployment, especially in terms of furloughed employees. The Texas government can now say, "Well, you can be open, but you're choosing not to be." to small businesses so that all the money the state/fed would normally have to pay out is either gone or has to be paid by the business itself. This isn't to help small businesses. It's to kill them.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
This is all to get people off of unemployment, especially in terms of furloughed employees. The Texas government can now say, "Well, you can be open, but you're choosing not to be." to small businesses so that all the money the state/fed would normally have to pay out is either gone or has to be paid by the business itself. This isn't to help small businesses. It's to kill them.

Fingers crossed all those affected return the favor in November.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I honestly can't believe that the plan for republicans is to just sweep the issue under the rug and just pretend that everything is fine with purposefully low testing.

chimpsteaks

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 12, 2019
Way to be a selfish person. Who cares if someone dies as a direct result of your actions? At least you got to party at the bar.

Look I don't have the authority to close all of our restaurants and bars. I voted against the guy who decided to open them, he still won, and now they're gonna be open on the 18th. If I, one guy who's already confirmed negative and has antibodies, legally shows up at a dive bar that Saturday, I'm not now responsible for everyone the governor has killed.

The part I feel selfish about is for getting to enjoy myself for a night or two while others are suffering, before I resume the suffering myself

Last edited:

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP

it's transparent as fuck too

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I, one guy who's already confirmed negative and has antibodies, legally shows up at a dive bar next Saturday, I'm not now responsible for everyone the governor has killed.

you do know that there is debate on whether or not people who get over the virus are immune, or whether or not they can be reinfected, right?

but besides that, are you going to go to these places completely by yourself? I very much doubt that. More likely, you want to go to a bar to hang out with friends. You'll be encouraging others to congregate.

chimpsteaks

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 12, 2019
you do know that there is debate on whether or not people who get over the virus are immune, or whether or not they can be reinfected, right?

but besides that, are you going to go to these places completely by yourself? I very much doubt that. More likely, you want to go to a bar to hang out with friends. You'll be encouraging others to congregate.

I had been told by my physician last month that now that I've passed it I am not at risk of recontracting it again, but if there's now evidence that that's up in the air I was genuinely not aware. And yes I actually do pop into the dive bar next to my apartment by myself on Fridays after work to drink somewhat regularly. I did not mean to incite any controversy by what I originally said, and I think I actually will reconsider going out now that I'm getting chewed out by everyone - but I really thought it was harmless and this was the governor's cross to bear. Either way I'll bow out of this conversation now because I don't want to be in an internet flame war

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had been told by my physician last month that now that I've passed it I am not at risk of recontracting it again, but if there's now evidence that that's up in the air I was genuinely not aware.

www.npr.org

'No Evidence' Yet That Recovered COVID-19 Patients Are Immune, WHO Says

The World Health Organization warned against "immunity passports," which allow travel only to recovered patients, saying studies must first confirm whether people are indeed safe from reinfection.

It's not that there is evidence that people aren't immune, it's the opposite: there is no evidence that they are immune. There have been instances of reinfection, but people don't know if they're because of poor testing or if people aren't immune. The real problem is that there haven't been any serious studies on immunity for those who have recovered yet.

chimpsteaks

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 12, 2019

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well even though I'm now the bad guy here I thank you for bringing this to my awareness because I really had no idea it was possible to be reinfected
to clarify, I don't think you're a villain or anything. I'm just in houston, and my mom is at the absolute most risk category to die. Today she had an awful chemo therapy bout, and still needs several more rounds. I worry about my mom constantly, we are all being extremely careful but I think about every crack that could happen. Any small slip up, anything that can spread it. I think about my dad, too, normally a stoic man, who has told me openly on the phone that he is terrified of dying of covid. He tells me, "please, I don't want to die like that, alone in a room choking up my lungs." It breaks my heart to hear him talk like that.

Thank you so much for reconsidering, please stay safe.

just one thing to never forget: this is the state where these very people who are making this decision, have openly said multiple times that they are OK with old people dying if it means the economy is restarted. They have made it extremely clear that they don't care about our health, only money. I don't trust Greg Abbott one fucking bit to tell me what is or isn't safe, when he didn't chide his second in command one bit for openly saying twice that "there are things more important than living" about the economy.

Nov 2, 2017

What's more, I fully expect that stage 2 of this is to weaponize the deaths of those small businesses.

After a bunch of businesses crater because of this stupidity, the new message will be "the economy won't restart because people are following paranoid safety regulations" and the new goal will be to cast anyone who's acting responsibly as the The Problem.

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My girlfriend is a manager at a beauty salon that specializes mostly in massage therapy. Her chances of going back are slim right..? I don't want her to go back yet and we're afraid that she's going to just have to straight up quit. :/

Please stay safe and be responsible.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's more, I fully expect that stage 2 of this is to weaponize the deaths of those small businesses.

After a bunch of businesses crater because of this stupidity, the new message will be "the economy won't restart because people are following paranoid safety regulations" and the new goal will be to cast anyone who's acting responsibly as the The Problem.

with a healthy does of "we need large corporations to fill the void left by these small businesses"...

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My girlfriend is a manager at a beauty salon that specializes mostly in massage therapy. Her chances of going back are slim right..? I don't want her to go back yet and we're afraid that she's going to just have to straight up quit. :/

salons stay closed until the 18th it seems, unless there is a second wave.

The saddest part of everything is all these assholes making these decisions and comments know they are safe. Greg Abbott stays in power till 2022, Dan Patrick stays in power till 2023. They know they can talk all they fucking want and nobody can do shit to them for multiple years.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they set the 18th as the second phase deadline intentionally. The virus takes about two weeks to show symptoms, so a second wave probably won't be obvious by then.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining

I can already see my parents who are republican's starting to get ready to say this. heard lots of "Now hopefully people take the precautions necessary so that they can head out and jump start life again".

So this fucking virus is going to get even more political and it will become a complete partisan issue by the end of May I expect.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can already see my parents who are republican's starting to get ready to say this. heard lots of "Now hopefully people take the precautions necessary so that they can head out and jump start life again".

So this fucking virus is going to get even more political and it will become a complete partisan issue by the end of May I expect.

wearing a mask is already a partisan issue, it's gonna get so much worse. Fuck this sucks so badly.

Malajax

Oct 27, 2017
Working in retail and the manager is salivating at the opportunity to reopen. Stores are closed nationwide so either they open specifically for Texas or just stay closed. Currently in the dark.

This changes nothing for me. Started getting used to eating healthier at home and I refuse to congregate with friends with maybe one lone exception.

I don't want cases to spike but this is how you do it.