• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 4452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Immigration Judges (NAIJ)
@Imm_Judges_NAIJ

EOIR [Executive Office for Immigration Review] has ordered immigration court staff to remove CDC posters designed to slow spread of coronavirus.

No, this is not a parody account.

NAIJ had recommended to immigration judges that they post in courthouses the English and Spanish language versions of the CDC's "Stop the Spread of Germs" and "Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease 2019" posters. EOIR ordered that they be removed.

lawandcrime.com

EOIR Ordered Removal of Coronavirus Posters in Immigration Courts | Law & Crime

The Trump administration is taking actions that may contribute to the spread of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) among immigrant communities by way of immigration courts, according to the federally-designated collective bargaining group for immigration judges.

"The NAIJ sent a correspondence to the Agency and a separate one to the [Immigration Judges] with the CDC recommended posters," NAIJ President Ashley Tabaddor told Law&Crime. "Shortly thereafter, we received notice from our judges that those who had chosen to post the posters were told that they can not do so and the posters were literally torn down."

EOIR Deputy Chief Immigration Judge Christopher Santoro wrote:

Earlier today the NAIJ sent a message to immigration judges suggesting that they post a CDC-generated coronavirus precaution flyer in public areas of the courts, to include doors to courtrooms. This is just a reminder that immigration judges do not have the authority to post, or ask you to post, signage for their individual courtrooms or the waiting areas. Per our leadership, the CDC flyer is not authorized for posting in the immigration courts. If you see one (attached), please remove it. Thank you.
Another such email—from a different EOIR official—said the CDC posters "must be removed from all courts."

The EOIR operates under the auspices of the Department of Justice (DOJ) and Attorney General William Barr.

Help spread the virus to own the immigrants? I... have no words.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
Fucking disgusting.

It's so petty and juvenile. Why am I stuck living in a country run by toddlers?

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
This administration is just pure evil. Glad a lot of these people got infected. Assholes.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So they want things to go pear shaped for....tax cuts, dictator authority, apocalypse hard on or just thick?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The none said thing is "Fuck ICE, Judges, Attorneies, Clerks, etc"

Remember cruelty is the point

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
This makes no sense.

Even if they hate immigrants why allow them not to take precautions to protect themselves from the virus?

Do they want them to die gloriously on the battlefield instead?

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
This makes no sense.

Even if they hate immigrants why allow them not to take precautions to protect themselves from the virus?

Do they want them to die gloriously on the battlefield instead?

Coronavirus spreads among immigrants.

Trump blames rampant coronavirus outbreak in America on immigrants. "So many of them have it. It's rampant. They live in filth and it spreads everywhere."

Passes orders to round them up, ban them, and enact even crueler rules. "Democrats blame ME but I'm the ONLY one trying to stop it!!! Democrats oppose laws to halt coronavirus!!"

Trump claims he's saved America by stopping the virus ridden immigrats. Blames democrats for spreading it and hating American people because they oppose the horrible new rulings.

HazySaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
West Yorkshire, UK
This is cartoon supervillain levels of evil, it literally is just cruelty for the sake of it. And I'm sure the virus will check a person's immigration status before deciding to infect them.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018

Trump blames rampant coronavirus outbreak in America on immigrants. "So many of them have it. It's rampant. They live in filth and it spreads everywhere."

Passes orders to round them up, ban them, and enact even crueler rules. "Democrats blame ME but I'm the ONLY one trying to stop it!!! Democrats oppose laws to halt coronavirus!!"

Trump claims he's saved America by stopping the virus ridden immigrats. Blames democrats for spreading it and hating American people because they oppose the horrible new rulings.
Yuck. You are right though. It's straight out of his Mccarthy era playbook

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Fuck, that really does sound spot on for them. I always thought Trump has so been desperate for a terror event or similar so he could round up people.

May 29, 2019
On the 163rd week of the Trump presidency, infrastructure week is an ongoing process as signage is torn down. Replacements, TBD.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone who made and is enforcing this decision should be in jail.

Reversal
OP
OP

Deleted member 4452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like these pieces of shit backed off.

Posted by cameron

Looks like it. Sorry we got caught!

www.cnn.com

Immigration judges want to know how to handle coronavirus

The union representing immigration judges urged the Trump administration in a letter Monday to "immediately" implement steps to protect judges and their staff and provide guidance on how to proceed amid the coronavirus outbreak, which also has the potential to exacerbate the overwhelming backlog...

A Justice Department spokesman later told CNN, "The sign should not have been taken down. The matter is being rectified."

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Love how this missive refers to a "A CDC-Endorsed poster..." in a nefarious tone. You'd almost expect this is how they'd refer to, like, a SOROS-Endorsed Poster or something.

Bronlonius

Oct 29, 2017
I'm fine with this. If events thus far haven't woken up the general populace into action, then maybe a full-blown pandemic, made infinitely worse by a denying and bumbling administration they allowed to happen via ignorance and inaction, is needed to get people active and showing up to the polls in November (at the very least). Sorry, but this is what you get when you stay home, don't vote, or think things aren't really that bad, doing nothing about it. Not accusing anyone here, just the fucking general complacent American who can't be bothered to do anything about anything.