• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gray or Grave

• It’s Grave to me, dammit!

Votes: 178 45.2%
  • Gray, duh

Votes: 159 40.4%
  • I cannot sanction your buffoonery

Votes: 57 14.5%

• Total voters

Lucky Aces

Banned
Dec 7, 2020
always found that funny lol

N0XyF9z.png

It's so random for such a great song and good video. Just "Batman shocked pickachu face" out of no where lol.

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I always thought it was grain until a few years ago.

Just assumed it was something beard related

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The song is about falling in love with gray aliens from outside uranus

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, I'm the opposite in that I've never heard it as "grave" before. But now I can kind of see why some people do...

But it's gray.

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
I never understood why Warner Bros insisted that THIS be the lead single...for a Batman movie. You would think the single works as a stand-alone for Seal's album, but they marketed them together for some reason.

So bizarre. So 90's.

But I'm so glad they did! I freaking LOVE this song AND the video. Whoever directed the video was a madperson or misunderstood genius. I can't decide which one.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I've got the album, and I'm pretty sure it has the lyrics in the sleeve, so... yeah, I've always known it was "gray".

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would sympathize with the "grave" people more, except that he mentions they GREY like 3 different times and never once do you hear him pronounce the "V" sound in the lyrics. "A light hits the gloom on the GREY" would definitely be a spot where you should hear it.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
I never understood why Warner Bros insisted that THIS be the lead single...for a Batman movie. You would think the single works as a stand-alone for Seal's album, but they marketed them together for some reason.

So bizarre. So 90's.

But I'm so glad they did! I freaking LOVE this song AND the video. Whoever directed the video was a madperson or misunderstood genius. I can't decide which one.

You made me research it briefly, and Schumacher directed the version of the video that features the film.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
I was just watching a youtube video about some weirdos drawing pokemon and this came up.
Weird coincidence.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I always unironically liked Seal's music. Also like Sade's stuff

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I wonder how anyone manages to listen to lyrical music, many of the most popular songs sound downright unintelligible if you don't have the lyrics right in front of you.

Music is the only medium that makes me wonder if my english skills as a non-native speaker are much worse than I think. I often just can't understand what they are singing goddamnit. So that's good to hear, lol.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I knew it was gray but I always took it literally and thought gray referred to gray matter as in the brain as in the forehead as in someone was kissing his forehead.

I didn't really care enough to pay attention to the lyrics.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I always thought it was "grave". As in putting a rose on a grave/gravestone to honor the dead, like Bruce trying to get over his parents murders by talking to a therapist.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Music is the only medium that makes me wonder if my english skills as a non-native speaker are much worse than I think. I often just can't understand what they are singing goddamnit. So that's good to hear, lol.
That's how it is for me on a lot of tracks too. It's at the point where sometimes I need a lyric sheet to tell me what the hell they're trying to say.

qaopjlll

Oct 27, 2017
That's how it is for me on a lot of tracks too. It's at the point where sometimes I need a lyric sheet to tell me what the hell they're trying to say.
It's not just non-native English speakers - English is my first language and I still can't understand the lyrics in a lot of popular songs.