• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who are your favorite original characters in Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi?

• Reva

• Vect Nokru

• Haja Estree

• Freck

• Tala Durith

• NED-B

• Kawlan Roken

Results are only viewable after voting.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
NED-B was ready to bash a stormtroopers head in with a hammer, so him.

I liked Freck until he went full narc

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
When in doubt, pick the droid.

I liked Haja but it felt like they might have been trying to backdoor something there. Not every character needs a six season show.

Although...Kumali got absolutely ripped for Eternals, and I don't think we ever got to see him shirtless even in that. That torso does deserve a spinoff.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
When in doubt, pick the droid.

I liked Haja but it felt like they might have been trying to backdoor something there. Not every character needs a six season show.

Although...Kumali got absolutely ripped for Eternals, and I don't think we ever got to see him shirtless even in that. That torso does deserve a spinoff.
I don't know about him getti g his own show, but I definitely felt like he and Roken will appear in more stuff.

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie, it will feel weird seeing Haja and Roken evolve in a show that has a completely different budget and writing team lol

never

Oct 28, 2017
The whole cast of this show was fantastic. I want to vote for all of them, but I definitely want more Roken and Haja.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Who was Wade anyway. I remember them being sad about him but don't remember who he was.
One of the pilots from the Path who saved Obi-Wan, Tala and Leia on Nur.

I totally expect him to appear in Andor

Yeah, I was thinking about that, too. Would be nice to see him as a Rebel general or something, though the Rebel Alliance won't exist for a few more years.

he literally said "im just getting started"

so yes please

more haja and roken

Oh, yeah lol

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I really liked Tala, we don't have enough defectors.

My favorite (and new Glup Shitto) was Dinosaur Bounty Hunter, though.

dino-bounty-hunter-obi-wan-kenobi.jpg

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
Tala was the only decent new actor on this show with a decent character (and a terribly done sloppy death) everyone else's actor and character arc was pretty bad and cringy

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I didn't like any of those. They were all borderline obnoxious or annoying. Acting performances generally dry, bland, and tasteless.

NED was a low-functioning robot. Stop.

I choose child Leia. She was 10/10 cute and did a great job as a child actor.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't like any of the side characters really. Loader Bot was kinda cool though so I'll go with it.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Haja was a fun concept for a character, though NED-B ended up being my favorite in the end. Moses Ingram did a good job as Reva, but I ultimately found the writing for the character too one-note overall (though there is potential there if they decide to continue her character arc). I think I would have liked Tala more if the series had Leia take an interest in how she operates, being a double agent and all. Leia taking some inspiration from her - realizing that she could try and change the system from within - would have been neat.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
We need more dinossaur bounty hunter

but yeah, voted for freck for the reasons already stated.

Dude was basically more world building ALONE than any star wars media since the prequels

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
The loading robot that didn't speak, barely moved in most of its screen time, and had 1 meaningful contribution during a fight sequence after which...bye? Compare to the droids we've seen in the past. This one was low-functioning as fuck. Lola was more interesting, dynamic and agile and it was a child's toy.

The OG robot from Lost In Space had more personality. lol

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly can't believe Haja is winning. Every time Kumail appears in any genre stuff it's just "Hey just so you know a guy who sounds and acts exactly like Kumail Nanjiani exists in this universe." He's a funny comedian but I honestly have never seen him turn in more than a mediocre dramatic performance in anything other than The Big Sick...in which he was playing himself.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
"Who the fuck was Wade" is just "Who the fuck was Porkins" 45 years later

Except Porkins was a portly dude named "Porkins", and if that wasn't enough, dude hammed up his death scene real good.

I saw this thread, and my first thought was "wait, Dwyane Wade guest starred in this show, I don't remember that?"

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The loading robot that didn't speak, barely moved in most of its screen time, and had 1 meaningful contribution during a fight sequence after which...bye? Compare to the droids we've seen in the past. This one was low-functioning as fuck. Lola was more interesting, dynamic and agile and it was a child's toy.

The OG robot from Lost In Space had more personality. lol

this post read ableist as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

holy shit

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
The 2 male Inquisitors for sure. The bald leader is low key badass and I love the voice modulation on the other dude with the hat. He sounds so good on my home theater sound system.

Yeah I dont know the names on the list but after finishing the series, those 2 are the only worthwhile new characters.

I liked mini-Leia and Space Jesus Kenobi as always.

LOLA is blergh.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the answer probably is Lola the ladybug robot.

Disney might not be great at a lot of things but they can come up with some characters screaming for merch.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the Inquisitor dude was on the list just so I can say I HATED how they casted Sung Kang only for him to do nothing (haven't watched Ep 6 yet, but as if 1 out of 6 episodes will make up for that)

I also hated Reva and Haja.

I liked Tala though because her character was all kinds of funny dumb (Ep 4 shenanigans of hurting stormstroopers with her bare hands despite them wearing armors) and Roken just because he's Ice Cube's son.

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
Also, at some moment off-screen, Obi-Wan searched through her exploded body parts to pick up her blaster holster

lol. honestly I feel 75% of the action was super weird and bad and so close to being cool if they made a few changes..like for Tala, she should have quickly gotten the refugees through the blast door and quickly shut/lock it. Then use the robot for cover and have an epic last stand shoot out where the robot is falling apart covering for her and she is bouncing left and right behind it to hold off all the storm troopers.... instead of everyone standing out in the open like if it's a LARP and she is about to shout Lightning Bolt and people..slowly..gently escape and then she hides behind the robot but doesn't do anything but blow herself up. They could've made it so much more epic and sad. It was just so.. uncrafted.

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish the Inquisitor dude was on the list just so I can say I HATED how they casted Sung Kang only for him to do nothing (haven't watched Ep 6 yet, but as if 1 out of 6 episodes will make up for that)

I also hated Reva and Haja.

I liked Tala though because her character was all kinds of funny dumb (Ep 4 shenanigans of hurting stormstroopers with her bare hands despite them wearing armors) and Roken just because he's Ice Cube's son.

Inquisitor dude is from the cartoons, he's not an original character

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed Freck is totally a midwestern white MAGA guy.

That black Empire flag screamed pickup with a Trump 2020 flag on it.