• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which of Sony´s PS5 games have been the best showcase of the DualSense?

• Spider-Man: Miles Morales

Votes: 13 2.0%
  • Horizon: Forbidden West

Votes: 42 6.5%
  • Gran Turismo 7

Votes: 153 23.7%
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Votes: 75 11.6%
  • Returnal

Votes: 320 49.5%
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure

Votes: 10 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.1%

• Total voters

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Not a single other game used haptics better than Astro. All other games used the haptics as regular materials and didn't feel any different when walking on different materials or anything else.
Best use of trigger effects was strangely in Back4Blood: dozens of weapons and each wepaon felt different.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's Returnal after Astrobot.

I don't remember anything in Miles Morales or Demons Souls at all.

GT7 has absolutely incredible haptics use but I actually think that the triggers aren't a very good solution for feedback. Without wanting to do the boring comparison (but I'm going to), they don't give as good or useful feedback as Impulse Triggers do in FM. Resistance changes and ticks are too subtle compared to kickback from a vibration motor. I was a little disappointed with that solution as someone with hundreds of hours in FM. Haptics incredible though.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I want more games that use Dualsense as well as Astro Bot does. Astro Bot devs could always just make another game that uses it on the same level, too! I chose Returnal because the way that game used it was pretty good compared to the others on the list.

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
Returnal was great. It felt like there was always something going on with it. Honestly feel like the experience would not have been the same without the Dualsense.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
Hard to choose between Returnal and GT7. I gave it to GT7 but that might be recency bias. They're both good.

OP
OP
SilverX

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Returnal was cool I guess.

With that said, past Astrobot, it hasn't really been all that big of a deal to me.
Like I wouldn't go "I'm gonna buy the PS5 version for Dualsense support instead"

I think it is the opposite for me since its still early days for DualSense implementation and I love the little surprise sensations and uses, I cant wait to see what other devs do with it. Thats what is great about it, every dev can implement it in their own way instead of the far less dynamic standard rumble from last gen

Like I usually buy Sonic games on Xbox but I am pretty excited thinking bout how Sonic´s feedback will feel in Sonic Frontiers PS5, especially if its boost gameplay with the DualSense

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I think it is the opposite for me since its still early days for DualSense implementation and I love the little surprise sensations and uses, I cant wait to see what other devs do with it. Thats what is great about it, every dev can implement it in their own way instead of the far less dynamic standard rumble from last gen

Like I usually buy Sonic games on Xbox but I am pretty excited thinking bout how Sonic´s feedback will feel in Sonic Frontiers PS5, especially if its boost gameplay with the DualSense

Oh for sure. I can definitely see the appeal for others. I'm just kinda weird since sometimes I'll even turn my vibration off lol.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Returnal would get my vote. Excellent all-around. Feels good in GT7 as well, but admittedly my trigger finger gets tired more quickly than it did before resistant triggers were a thing.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Out of all of my PS5 games, only Astro and barely Returnal make use of the features in a satisfying way. Really reminds me of the Wii U gamepad with ZombiU and Nintendoland being incredible uses of it at the front and then ghost town :(

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
Have not picked up GT7 yet but I think Returnal has been the best so far. 3D audio and DualSense makes the experience incredible.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
The water droplets in Eternal was the next best thing since astrobot if I recall. Some of the others I either haven't played yet or didn't necessarily stand out for me. Swinging in spiderman was pretty cool though.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Returnal is good. So far from what I've played of GT7 is great and also really functionally useful as well.

Gouf

May 17, 2018
Ratchet & Clank for me. The level of controller feedback is crazy in comparison to prior entries and I actually liked how well it subtly used the speakers too. The unique weapon roster that Ratchet & Clank has also lent itself well to each weapon having a distinct feel moreso than even Returnal I would say.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
GT7. It feels amazing and one of the only games I'm going out of my ways to use the trigger support. Vibration is also great and folks say gyro is super responsive.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
Hard disagree with this. Playing games like Elden Ring or Zero Dawn makes me realize how utterly essential good feedback is for me. Games feel so damn flat without them. Like I said above, you really feel the power of your weapons in Returnal or your spells in Demon's Souls. And games like GT and Returnal give such feedback that you'll start to rely on it.

Probably my favorite feature of next-gen, alongside super fast loading.
Hard disagree on this. When I'm playing a third person game, somethign rumbling in my hands takes me out of the game world rather than bringing me into it more.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I am confused about the returnal votes. I platinumed the game yet remember nothing about the dualsense.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Have not played Returnal or Sackboy but out of the rest it is GT7.

It isn't exactly feasible for every game to be a huge showcase for it.

elbageluno

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 4, 2022
Returnal, folowed closely by DS. Probably wont ever play GT7 but its cool to see how good it is there.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Demon's Souls is great implementation but I also thought Ghost of Tsushima did it fantastic too.

I selected other but from the list of the games I played probably Returnal.

I'm really noticing it's abscene in Elden Ring.
Weird I've been playing Demons souls recently and don't notice anything? The only thing I notice is the backstab sound coming from the controller speaker

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I play a lot of Fall Guys and when I had to send my DualSense in for drift repairs I noticed a significant rumble quality difference when I went back to the DualShock. And Fall Guys doesn't have a native PS5 version.

As far as specific stuff goes, I almost never notice except when my hand starts getting tired like during longer battles in Horizon.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Death-Stranding-Directors-Cut.jpeg

Does Death Stranding count?

It does, I'm surprised it's not a poll option.
You can literally feel Sam peeing, even the driplets, what other game can you say that in?

Oct 25, 2017
I am confused about the returnal votes. I platinumed the game yet remember nothing about the dualsense.

Did you switch it off? Returnal uses haptics for pretty much everything.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...rnals-immersive-dualsense-controller-effects/

Weird I've been playing Demons souls recently and don't notice anything? The only thing I notice is the backstab sound coming from the controller speaker

Magic spells feel really good. I hope Ghostwire has a similar feel.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Returnal, but I love Forbidden West as well, and hear great things about GT7!

Haptics were so good in Returnal that it felt like an integral part of the whole experience.

pyxl_8

Oct 27, 2017
The Venn diagram of people who have played GT7 and people who have voted for anything other than GT7 are two non intersecting circles.

ElCidTmax

Oct 28, 2017
Returnal is an amazing use of the dualsense. GT7 sounds very very promising, but I gotta finish Horizon, then Elden Ring so it'll be a while before I get to it.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
For me it goes:

1. Horizon Forbidden West
2. Ratchet and Clank A Rift Apart
3. Returnal
4. Sackboy
5. Ghost of Tsushima

I wouldn't even put Miles Moralea on the list of good Dualsense implementations. It was merely adequate. I didn't find myself that impressed with WRC9, so people saying it's much better than GT7 doesn't bode well for GT7.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Like, having the triggers on in Gran Turismo 7 really does make you feel the car and how it feels at a given moment can communicate you what is going on and perhaps tell you what to do.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
While I really like the implementation in Returnal, I voted for Forbidden West. The fact that each weapon feels unique and that the environment feels so good to interact with (simply walking through tall grass or standing under a water fall / diving into water) is super well handled.

Gran Turismo 7 has also been fantastic with how things feel to drive on, alongside the way triggers resist or go loose to communicate your grip on different surfaces.

Did you completely forget how the game does alt-firing with the triggers? lol

Not to mention the amazing haptic signatures for each weapon, for charging, etc.

GlamPrime

Banned
Nov 1, 2021
Returnal
GT7
HFW

Dualsense really adds to the level of immersion in ways I didn't even know where possible. Something as simple as riding a charger in HFW feels incredible.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
for racing, its probably wrc for initial wow factor.
though gt7 is doing a better if more subdued job i think.
try launch time dirt5 if you want to see how not to do it.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
I personally like what they did with Returnal and Ratchet, because it transforms the experience with the smart use of the triggers. It also blows my mind how you can feel in 3 dimensions. For example, you can know where the Doom Bots in Ratchet are in relation to the character, and in some cases, you can feel them circling around you. It's freaking impressive.

I think that Deathloop is the best implementation but its not first party.

It's quite good, yeah!