• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
I thought it was really cool that Joseph Staten is back on HALO, helping out with the launch of Infinity.

Joe was obviously a key part of the HALO franchise from the beginning, but had left Bungie and was doing his own thing well before 343 released HALO.

In his time away, 343 obviously released the fourth and fifth games, and now he's back in the mix for the next entry in a key role.

I was wondering if anyone knew any other examples in the industry where this happened?

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Cory Barlog left after directing God of War 2 and then returned for God of War PS4

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
Casey Hudson returning to Bioware was one such instance - for me, especially since it was announced that Mass Effect would be returning with a new untitled installment. Unfortunately, he left after it was announced so he wont be around for much of its development (if any of it)

Oct 31, 2017
ps2_twistedmetalblack_thumb.jpg

MV5BNTQ5MWFhYWEtOGUyZi00YTQwLWIzNGEtNWQ3ZDc0MTlmMmIxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTMzMTQ0NA@@._V1_.jpg

I wish the case was in high-quality, but it says under Sweet Tooth's car, "From the creators of Twisted Metal 1 and 2."

You had Jaffe do 1 and 2, then 989 Studios took over 3 and 4. I remember a lot of hype for 3 since it seemed graphically a big step up from 1 and 2, but then people played it.

My brother was at the store trying to buy me Dynasty Warriors 2. He called me and said, "I don't see DW2, but you know what I see? Twisted Metal Black. It says it's from the creators of 1 and 2."

I gave him the OK to buy that instead, and the rest is history.

Oct 28, 2017
Arguably Hideo Kojima with every Metal Gear Solid after 2. More specifically MGS4 where he tried to give it to his team but it didn't go anywhere.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Joe joined MS right after Destiny 1 shipped. Worked on crackdown and recore. Was probably fairly easy to get him a stint at 343

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They still need to actually follow through, but there were a lot of people relieved that Metroid Prime 4 was given back to Retro Studios rather than Bandai Namco.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Some of the IW staff from Respawn went back to IW for Modern Warfare 2019.