• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd probably have to go with Dr Horrible. He's absolutely terrible at being a villain and the whole musical is about how he's trying so very hard to be one and he even ends up doing some pretty horrible things in pursuit of that but damn if you don't feel bad for him the whole time.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
BoJack Horseman.

BoJack_Horseman_S06E01_12m1s17305f.jpg

He did horrible things to people in the past, but I felt bad for him when he got his comeuppance at end of the series.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Donald Trump.

Such stupidity. Such mental athleticism. How can you not be on the side of such a failure of humanity. :p

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
Omar never did no civilian and he was never seen murdering even a drug dealer in cold blood. I think every time he killed someone it was in retaliation for someone close to him that got murdered or self defense.

Bodie is my favorite example in that show. He murders his best friend and yet he was one of the most likable characters on the show.

I'm going to add Chris too even though he was cold blooded as hell.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Sarah Michelle gelato in cruel intentions
Just a completely horribly evil person
But I kinda wanted her to get away with it?
No idea why

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory
Gustavo Fring. I kinda wanted him to kill them all like he intended.
Mike Ehrmantraut.
Angelus/Angel.
Benjamin Linus.

Attack on Titan spoiler past season 3..
Eren Yeager.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
MCU Tony Stark

d95ac9d6f0acd56e12b9452301c763cd1aeffe51.jpg

War profiteer who's responsible for the destruction of Sokovia and had a huge hand in causing the Avengers to disband.

Jmille99

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jason Todd, especially on his return when it comes to the Joker

jason-todd-800x416.jpg

Dude was murdered and came back to take care of business.

Manbig

Oct 26, 2017
I watched Good Time recently on Netflix and it pretty much completely goes for this concept for Robert Pattinson's character, though he is definitely a massive scumbag.

It's a great movie.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
978a85ec-0ad5-4a9a-8hokie.jpeg

I'm rewatching Game of Thrones with my brother right now and most of us who watched it back in the day were rooting for Jamie Lannister over the last few seasons. I was, too of course but oh boy, the evil, f...ed up shit he did in the earlier seasons should have made this character irredeemable. The little things we had forgotten and forgiven over time...
latest

Garak comes to mind for me.
BoJack Horseman.

BoJack_Horseman_S06E01_12m1s17305f.jpg

He did horrible things to people in the past, but I felt bad for him when he got his comeuppance at end of the series.

I'd agree with all of these three although Bojack gets a bit of an asterisk in that I don't feel Bojack "deserved" a truly happy ending and because of the fact that the shows character and morality is more grounded than other fiction I can never be 100% for or against Bojack. He's absolutely a character that is very easy to empathize with, but so are all the characters he harmed so, y'know

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Let me tell you about Lexa from The 100.

So she's like...queen of the really badass warrior people who literally survived an apocalypse, right? Straight up can kick your ass (spoiler: I secretly wish she would kick my ass) and doesn't give a shit about anyone or anything.

...or so you think!

Deep down beneath that hardened exterior she's a total soft gay who enjoys being the little spoon (seriously, it was confirmed) and also likes candles and smelling nice.

So in season 2, Lexa is finally introduced after all these stupid fights between her people and the sky people. She's all "WE HATE YOU" but secretly she wants to make out with Clarke, the series protagonist. Obviously there's a lot of sexual tension, but Lexa is still kind of an ass because she only cares about the greater good and none of Clarke's friends like her.

Over the course of the season Lexa:

1. Lets an entire village get nuked so the enemy wouldn't know they had a mole in their midst

2. Kills Clarke's lover (nothing of value was lost)

3. Almost declares war against literally everyone no less than three times

and more!

So Clarke and Lexa form a tentative alliance so that they can bring down the REAL bad guys, the United States and their president (they live like mole people in a mountain and are using Lexa's people as guinea pigs). In the series finale they decide to attack the mountain but as soon as they're about to blow open the access door...Lexa decides "yeah fuck this" and strikes a deal with the bad guys. Mountain guys let their guinea pigs go and Lexa and her army won't attack them.

Clarke is obviously like "what the fuck I made out with you!!!" and Lexa is all "sorry, ur hot but I don't want any of my people to die...see ya". So now the sky people are fucked. They get inside the mountain, get captured and are being literally ripped apart by the bad guys. Clarke's only option is to straight up commit genocide, kill everyone inside the mountain (including women, children, innocents, etc) with a body count of at least 400.

Basically if Lexa wasn't a dick then there wouldn't have been a mass murder. She's still the best though.

Anyway here's a bonus video

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most recent example I watched would be Good Time with Robert Pattinson on Netflix.

Dude is an asshole for the most part but you root for him though the whole film.