• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
www.kickstarter.com

Ex-Zodiac

A low-poly 3D rail shooter inspired by the classics of the early 90's.

Made by a sole developer, Ben Kickling. The game is slated for steam at the moment and has a 2-level demo here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1249480/ExZodiac/

He would love to bring it to Switch but plans remain unclear due to funding. He's asking for $25,000. I think I saw Feb 2021 release at the latest.

I just played through the demo and it's really excellent. You should play it and back it.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
That looks awesome. Maybe more "direct sequel to" rather than "inspired by" but still, looks really nice.

element

Oct 27, 2017
inspired? really? when the video started I was waiting for someone to say 'we love star fox, so we made blah' and cut to their game.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
I've had it wishlisted for a bit now, love the color palette.
Excited with him stating that a switch release is possible in the future.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I need more Star Fox in my life, but I wish they would've gone for something not FX chip inspired in terms of design. Gameplay is pure SF64 though.

haotshy

Oct 27, 2017
I've been keeping an eye on this game for a while. I'm holding out for the possible Switch version, but I'll back it for a PC version if it needs some extra funding near the end of the kickstarter.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
Looks interesting, always wanted to love Starfox and I had a Mega Drive at the time and was of the age I played out 90% of the time as a kid but playing it in my teens, that frame rate is painful. If it is received well I'll buy it when it comes out.

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
Looks great, but I'm really wary of this. That's a tiny goal, and he's the only dev. 2 years in and he only has 2 levels complete. If the game releases, I'll get it, but I don't know that I trust the kickstarter.

Nov 4, 2018
I'm so happy that Star Fox is the next game in line for "Because the company won't make it, we'll make our own."

Down for this day 1.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
I'll get it on Switch if it happens, but since there's no guarantee in the Kickstarter I can't back.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Played this game in the Leftfield area at EGX last year and it's GREAT.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Yep, that's Star Fox.

And good framerate Star Fox is what I want. Pledged.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really liked the demo, I'm also really into the SuperFX aesthetic but the framerate of those games always put me off. So I'm glad to see a game that looks like that and also actually plays well.

OP
OP
Christo750

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Yeah as with most of these kickstarters "inspired" comes with 10 asterisks lol.

Still, this is all but a dead genre these days so I'm all for "inspired"!

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Nice. I was wondering what had become of this.

Don't have much interest in backing a PC version, so I'll probably wait for some console news.

Rodento

Dec 28, 2017
The ship control and the camera work feel very polished, the levels seen so far seem to have good pace and the feedbacks of various elements are on point.

Even with it being no more than a non-Starfox with little differences, it seems to me as a well crafted game in how it just feels nice to see it moving.

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
They need to cut the framerate way down to get true authenticity.

Also, "inspired" is an interesting word choice because this is just straight up Star Fox with more colors. Looks good though.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
onrail shooters aren't the most flexible genre, re: the "lol ... inspired by" responses. narrow it down to low poly kind of hard not to do Not Star Fox

anyway looks good but gut tells me to open my wallet when it actually comes

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Looks great, but I'm really wary of this. That's a tiny goal, and he's the only dev. 2 years in and he only has 2 levels complete. If the game releases, I'll get it, but I don't know that I trust the kickstarter.
He has only been working on it during week end, you can easily image he has already started designing stuff for the other levels.

The goal for the kickstarter is to get money so he can devote more time to this game, put out an early access version by the end of the year so he can get more revenue to develop the full game.

Yeah it's a gamble like most Kicstarters are but I like what I'm seeing so far and it's not like Nintendo is going to put out a Star Fox game in the meantime.

Warszawa

Sep 30, 2018
So down for this - Star Wing, (cough) I mean the original Star Fox has the best a s e t h e t I c of the Star Fox series. Gimmie dem chunky polygons.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
I hope he hits the 2021 deadline. I've been waiting for this, love the aesthetic

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
been following for a while and this game looks freaking great!!!!

EDIT: it looks like it almost reached its goal