• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This has been my impression so far just going by his current responses and recent tweet history. He seems to be trying his best to derail the movement for his personal gains.

He literally did the same thing Greg did to him to Jeff Cannata just like a week or so ago when his "Schindlers List" tweet blew up. Its wild that he can't fucking see that.

Ricen-Beans

Oct 27, 2017
colin is absolutely racist and sexist, he's shown and proved it constantly.
I mean, that's what I'm asking....how has he done that? I see people here saying how he's "this and that" and that they "detest Colin and have NEVER watched or listened to his content"....but how do you know what kind of a person he is if you've never actually listened to him on a podcast?

I was simply asking for some examples that I may have missed.

As for the sexist part, I'm fully aware of his dumb joke....but i honestly wouldn't put that in the same league as telling a woman to her face she's not hot enough for TV or to wear a pushup bra, as Fran has been accused of. But some people here are saying "Frans not that bad"...I just don't get it.

Not trying to convince anyone to change their opinion on Collin, by no means. He doesn't need it anyways, he's doing more than fine with his patreon. I'm just trying to get where all these comments are coming from.

ScubaSteve693

Banned
Mar 26, 2020
I mean, that's what I'm asking....how has he done that? I see people here saying how he's "this and that" and that they "detest Colin and have NEVER watched or listened to his content"....but how do you know what kind of a person he is if you've never actually listened to him on a podcast?

As for the sexist part, I'm fully aware of his dumb joke....but i honestly wouldn't put that in the same league as telling a woman to her face she's not hot enough for TV or to wear a pushup bra, as Fran has been accused of. But some people here are saying "Frans not that bad"...I just don't get it.

Not trying to convince anyone to change their opinion on Collin, by no means. He doesn't need it anyways, he's doing more than fine with his patreon. I'm just trying to get where all these comments are coming from.
To answer your question on how I can know of someone without listening or seeing their content is by seeing people in this very forum discuss who and what he is. My main gripe with Colin is his political stance and everything that comes along with that. I can get that information without being directly involved in taking in his content. I have also gone out of my way to look at his tweets after seeing his name pop up, and have seen things that I do not agree with.

DrDarkStryfe

Oct 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA

He said that white supremecy does not exist because Asian Americans are wealthy and well educated.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Well for starters, the dude made fun of and belittled Colin Kaepernick's peaceful protest multiple times, claimed systemic racism in the United States didn't exist because Asian Americans have found some success, and most recently has been critical of the protests, claiming they're "destroying their own homes", and is strategically avoiding criticism of the police brutality that has been occurring at these same protests.

More importantly though, why are you shifting this into a Colin Moriarty thread? This thread has nothing to do with Colin Moriarty. Let's stop talking about Colin Moriarty. Who gives a shit.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
Do you watch/listen to them? They have been critical of all this BS is in the past.

Of course I have in the past and of course they have been, on the surface level.

What I am saying is they are far too close to the industry and far too happy to pay lip service to issues but then happily move on and be everyone's best friend again.

That was a choice and a business model and I don't trust it.

I think its notable that Greg Miller is out there today acting surprised that IGN had a shitty culture. He probably is surprised. But really he was along for the ride and if he didn't see it at the time it is probably on him. Bob Mackey is right to call him out on his insincere bullshit.

OP
OP
@dedmunk

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
What I am saying is they are far too close to the industry and far too happy to pay lip service to issues but then happily move on and be everyone's best friend again.

Well that didn't happen with Colin..

I think its notable that Greg Miller is out there today acting surprised that IGN had a shitty culture. He probably is surprised. But really he was along for the ride and if he didn't see it at the time it is probably on him. Bob Mackey is right to call him out on his insincere bullshit.

Greg has had his own issues in the past, saying dumb ass things but from what I've seen he's more than happy to be called out and will address things head on.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People have been defending it by saying Millions of followers vs 10k followers, doesn't matter as its still hypocritical and still harassment.
No, none of it is harassment. They are all public figures in the same industry and they all have successful gaming podcasts. Quoting eachother on Twitter is not harassment. I don't think Bob quoting Canatta was actually harassment either, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy in Bob claiming that being quote tweeted by Greg is harassment when he quote tweets public figures in the games press to dunk on them all the time.

I believe Bob gets harassed by chuds frequently, but Greg is not responsible for that.

digitalrelic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, none of it is harassment. They are all public figures in the same industry and they all have successful gaming podcasts. Quoting eachother on Twitter is not harassment. I don't think Bob quoting Cantta was actually harassment either, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy in Bob claiming that being quote tweeted by Greg is harassment when he quote tweets public figures in the games press to dunk on them all the time.
Now, I'm going to preface this by saying Colin Moriarty is generally a POS and I have no fondness of him whatsoever:

What Bob Mackey did and continues to do with Colin is 100% harassment, bullying, and frankly, creepy as hell. Dude's tweeted random insults and name-calling at Colin completely unprompted literally hundreds if not thousands of times at this point. It's obsessive and unhealthy and weird. Dude seems like a legit creep.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Colin abused, harassed, and gaslit Bob for *years* while Greg and others in the IGN/KF clique said and did nothing. This includes calling the cops on Bob, brigading him, doxxing him, accusing him of being mentally ill, on and on and on and on. And Greg (and others) watched it all and said nothing against Colin or in support of Bob. When Bob called Mitch Dyer out on his complicity in enabling Snek Man, Mitch told Bob he needed to get help and then blocked him.

It's no surprise Bob has a grudge against Greg and others after all he's endured over the years.
I️ agree with this. Bobs has his issues but he's always been in the right with this

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Now, I'm going to preface this by saying Colin Moriarty is generally a POS and I have no fondness of him whatsoever:

What Bob Mackey did and continues to do with Colin is 100% harassment, bullying, and frankly, creepy as hell. Dude's tweeted random insults and name-calling at Colin completely unprompted literally hundreds if not thousands of times at this point. It's obsessive and unhealthy and weird. Dude seems like a legit creep.
Nah, it's not. It's a public figure criticizing another public figure. It's part of the territory.

Ricen-Beans

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Concern trolling and downplaying racism.
He said that white supremecy does not exist because Asian Americans are wealthy and well educated.
Thank you for giving me a specific example. Do you remember when he said that? On a podcast? Tweet? Etc...
I'd just like to go hear/read it for myself.

I just see people claiming he's a Nazi, white supremacist, etc....and I don't see or hear that at all in his content. Like I said, his co-host is hispanic. I believe he's done a full show on trans-rights and how he believes everyone, regardless of race/color/gender should be treated with respect.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, none of it is harassment. They are all public figures in the same industry and they all have successful gaming podcasts. Quoting eachother on Twitter is not harassment. I don't think Bob quoting Canatta was actually harassment either, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy in Bob claiming that being quote tweeted by Greg is harassment when he quote tweets public figures in the games press to dunk on them all the time.

I believe Bob gets harassed by chuds frequently, but Greg is not responsible for that.
The reasons greg did it was absolutely to get his follower to shit on Mackey, it was clear as day and has been for years. Bob isn't great but definitely isn't the same thing. It's not really the same thing at all even if I think anyone shitting on Canatta for that tweet is wrong.

You are wrong straight up. Colin has constantly deserved to be called out and bob was constantly attacked and belittled for doing it. He is 100% in the right regarding what he's done and he's far from a creep in his look from it.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017

I'm pretty sure he done it to his family too, including Colin's Mum

digitalrelic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, it's not. It's a public figure criticizing another public figure. It's part of the territory.
No it isn't. First of all, it's not criticism, it's straight up name-calling and bullying. There's usually no factual criticism or anything of the like. It's just "lol snek boy is such a piece of shit" level of tweets.

And second of all, what does being famous have to do with anything? Can Donald Trump not bully any other politician because they're both public figures? The fuck are you talking about?

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Firmly disagree with you here, let's just agree to disagree.

ScubaSteve693

Banned
Mar 26, 2020

I mean, a quick google search of literally "bobservo Colin Moriarty" and looking through the search results or even the images tab shows the kind of shit Bob has done. It really is creepy how much he talks about Colin.

Ricen-Beans

Oct 27, 2017
More importantly though, why are you shifting this into a Colin Moriarty thread? This thread has nothing to do with Colin Moriarty. Let's stop talking about Colin Moriarty. Who gives a shit.
Fair enough. No need to shift attention to CM. My bad. Was just confused by all these accusations and was trying to get some clarification that's all. Thanks to those that responded.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
A good way to use your 1.2m followers is to amplify the tweets of women and others who are speaking out about the toxicity of video game workplaces instead of like, retweeting Neil Druckmann or getting into Twitter arguments with someone who showed up how tragic your business partner was long before you finally realised it.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
A good way to use your 1.2m followers is to amplify the tweets of women and others who are speaking out about the toxicity of video game workplaces instead of like, retweeting Neil Druckmann or getting into Twitter arguments with someone who showed up how tragic your business partner was long before you finally realised it.

Greg wouldn't want to do anything that might affect one of his future hosting gigs.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Thank you for giving me a specific example. Do you remember when he said that? On a podcast? Tweet? Etc...

I just see people claiming he's a Nazi, white supremacist, etc....and I don't see or hear that at all in his content. Like I said, his co-host is hispanic. I believe he's done a full show on trans-rights and how he believes everyone, regardless of race/color/gender should be treated with respect.

It was a tweet. He said racial inequality doesn't exist because asians are rich, not that white supremacy doesn't exist. Which I think it's actually worse.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The reasons greg did it was absolutely to get his follower to shit on Mackey, it was clear as day and has been for years. Bob isn't great but definitely isn't the same thing. It's not really the same thing at all even if I think anyone shitting on Canatta for that tweet is wrong.
No, that's bullshit. Greg said that directly to Bob because that's how he felt at the time. That is not harassment, and Greg is constantly telling anyone who engages in harassment to fuck off, that he doesn't want them as followers and muting/blocking them as needed. You can't just assert that whenever Greg responds to a person publically it constitutes harassment, that is an impossible standard and it's absurd. It's a standard Bob himself can't meet, and the Canatta tweet is just one example because he didn't just dunk on him in the quote tweet, he continued to dunk on him and encourage others to do so in the replies!

As someone who supports both of these people on Patreon and likes and respects both of them, this whole thing is BS. Bob has his reasons for disliking Greg, he doesn't have to accept his apology or interact with him at all if he doesn't want to. But continuing to drag this petty nonsense out over and over again makes him look like a hypocrite and I'm gonna call it out because I'm a fan of Bob.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, that's bullshit. Greg said that directly to Bob because that's how he felt at the time. That is not harassment, and Greg is constantly telling anyone who engages in harassment to fuck off, that he doesn't want them as followers and muting/blocking them as needed. You can't just assert that whenever Greg responds to a person publically it constitutes harassment, that is an impossible standard and it's absurd. It's a standard Bob himself can't meet, and the Canatta tweet is just one example because he didn't just dunk on him in the quote tweet, he continued to dunk on him and encourage others to do so in the replies!

As someone who supports both of these people on Patreon and likes and respects both of them, this whole thing is BS. Bob has his reasons for disliking Greg, he doesn't have to accept his apology or interact with him at all if he doesn't want to. But continuing to drag this petty nonsense out over and over again makes him look like a hypocrite and I'm gonna call it out because I'm a fan of Bob.
at that situation it absolutely was attacking Bob and I don't give a shit that's how he felt at the time because he was also defending colin. I like that Greg reached out to Bob this week like that and hopefully something positive will come out of that but I don't agree that it wasn't an attack.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
No it isn't. First of all, it's not criticism, it's straight up name-calling and bullying. There's usually no factual criticism or anything of the like. It's just "lol snek boy is such a piece of shit" level of tweets.

And second of all, what does being famous have to do with anything? Can Donald Trump not bully any other politician because they're both public figures? The fuck are you talking about?

he doesn't tag him so literally the only way Colin could know about it is through following him or looking for it.

And yes it would be criticism because he is making fun of his public comments, which is something comedians do all the time.

I'm not saying it's right or a good thing to do, but it's not harassment.

And FYI I stopped following Bob because his twitter is way to negative but when I was following him he hadn't talked about Colin in a while.

Last edited:

Shado

Oct 26, 2017
at that situation it absolutely was attacking Bob and I don't give a shit that's how he felt at the time because he was also defending colin. I like that Greg reached out to Bob this week like that and hopefully something positive will come out of that but I don't agree that it wasn't an attack.

So let me get this right, Greg has to comment on the current ongoing topic and lend his 1.2M support, but is in the wrong to respond to someone who was attacking his friend, in a relatively docile way. Not even attacking, just calling out for people to be better

Like the standards that some people here expect these public personalities to live by is ridiculous. I don't think Ihave ever met a person who can be that way. And I do want to know if you have seen bob's replies to Greg's series of tweets? On top of using the current movement for personal gain, he decides to respond that way for a perfectly reasonable explanation and apology from greg..just lol.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So let me get this right, Greg has to comment on the current ongoing topic and lend his 1.2M support, but is in the wrong to respond to someone who was attacking his friend, in a relatively docile way. Not even attacking, just calling out for people to be better

Like the standards that some people here expect these public personalities to live by is ridiculous. I don't think Ihave ever met a person who can be that way. And I do want to know if you have seen bob's replies to Greg's series of tweets? On top of using the current movement for personal gain, he decides to respond that way for a perfectly reasonable explanation and apology from greg..just lol.
His friend was a known piece of shit and he backed him for far to long. So yes I expected better from greg especially back than and no I haven't seen bob's replies to greg's tweet especially if it's the recent ones.

Binhoker

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (1 month): Dismissing allegations of sexual assault, thread derailment. Account in junior phase
I think we can all agree that taking money and hosting gigs directly from companies you then cover as a journalist marks you as someone who clearly operates in good faith and should be given the benefit of the doubt in all matters.

Shado

Oct 26, 2017
His friend was a known piece of shit and he backed him for far to long.

Sure, I agree with this part. He backed him far too long, but that's the case with any unhealthy relation or marriage for that matter. But he literally is doing what other managers or friends should be doing when their employees need support or backing. He just chose the wrong person and rest is known to everyone.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, I agree with this part. He backed him far too long, but that's the case with any unhealthy relation or marriage for that matter. But he literally is doing what other managers or friends should be doing when their employees need support or backing. He just chose the wrong person and rest is known to everyone.
Can you post the ones that bob replied? I literally can't find them only greg's tweets toward bob not any back.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It wasn't an attack and it wasn't an incitement of harassment, just like Bob publically quote tweeting people is also not harassment nor an attack. I'm also glad that Greg apologized, because clearly he has long since realized that Colin wasn't worth defending.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

twulhw4djcoz.jpg

And very recently, he spoke up against the "riots" and was trying to explain to black people what certain MLK quotes really meant.

Any other questions about him?

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
i used to like bob mackey but he comes across as a huge asshole here. quote tweeting someone on twitter dot com is not abuse
Yeah I'm sorry, but Bob Mackey is a HUGE asshole that constantly harasses people online and right now he is stealing the spotlight from a lot of people that are highlighting a lot of egregious abuse in the industry.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm sorry, but Bob Mackey is a HUGE asshole that constantly harasses people online and right now he is stealing the spotlight from a lot of people that are highlighting a lot of egregious abuse in the industry.

He is literally boosting every single allegation on his TL right now and all he has pointed out is that even 'nice guys' of the industry could be considered complicit by being wilfully ignorant of shitty practices.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
He is literally boosting every single allegation on his TL right now and all he has pointed out is that even 'nice guys' of the industry could be considered complicit by being wilfully ignorant of shitty practices.
Yeah that doesn't excuse the amount of toxic harassing rumor mongering and clout chasing this guy does.

it's good that he's boosting other's voices, but his behavior is literally dog shit on every other front.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's really dissapointing. Thanks for sharing that.
It wasn't an attack and it wasn't an incitement of harassment, just like Bob publically quote tweeting people is also not harassment nor an attack. I'm also glad that Greg apologized, because clearly he has long since realized that Colin wasn't worth defending.
That's a good point.

Yeah that doesn't excuse the amount of toxic harassing rumor mongering and clout chasing this guy does.

it's good that he's boosting other's voices, but his behavior is literally dog shit on every other front.
I definitely don't agree.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
So they have each other's numbers and are still friends — you think people could start out trying to be mature and settle things privately instead of dragging them and their reputation online first...