• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Osiris397

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There's no such thing as "PC Technology" as a unified standard. There's just various possibilities that serve to splinter the PC gaming population into varying groups of the "Haves" and the "Have Nots." You can't build the kind of success most of these companies have on that alone.

Business 101

Last edited:

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
User Banned (5 days): Antagonizing other members; history of similar infractions
I can't tell if this is a joke post or not. I can't imagine anyone actually believing this.

Check his post history. He's dead serious, hence why most people on the previous page disengaged with him.

Some people simply worship a piece of plastic and the company that outsourced it's parts, and they are completely blinded by their zealotry. Hence the whole OP.

Dec 31, 2017
Absolutely, developers have to develop to the lowest denominator of GPU and then that's limited by the hundreds of different CPU variations, which is limited by the amount of RAM and the quality of RAM of every user etc. To simplify matters currently they develop for the consoles first, which will net them the most money, where Sony sets the pace with their "AAA" games and then they add superficial quality increase sliders for a slightly better fit per PC system.

I will speculate that had AMD/the console manufacturers not committed to hardware based raytracing third party publishers would not be implementing it in PC games now. Back when it was Nvidia, by itself, introducing raytracing none of the major game publishers committed to using it and a lot of tech journals were reporting that it was going to basically be a "Throw away" feature. Shortly before it became public knowledge, via rumors and vague press releases the AMD and next gen consoles would be using hardware based raytracing more publishers started "testing" ray tracing in their games...pace set.
You are a very delusional person...

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I think PC experience a really good game like Horizon 2 is great, I also think we're putting to much focus on a very low percent of people who are pissed about an exclusive going multplat.

BlacJack22

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 25, 2020
Oh for sure, I own a playstation and really enjoyed God of War.
I was just saying for as much as I liked god of war, it wasn't leagues ahead of non first party stuff. Hell it wasn't even ahead of many of them period.

These diehard console (or sony really) fans don't realize that the best thing to do is to provide choice. If someone wants to play on PC, friggen let em.

Ya, in a perfect world haha. Especially considering people may see it running at better frame rate and quality, it's only good for them.

Off topic but I feel the same about the NVIDIA streaming stuff, and it baffles my mind that devs don't want people experiencing their games on potentially better hardware just because. Let people play games where they want!!

Osiris397

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You are a very delusional person...
Interesting article from 2014 when the trend of growing PC gaming popularity trend started:

www.cheatsheet.com

Why PC Gaming is More Popular Than Ever

When it comes to video games, the major consoles soak up most of the attention.
"So why is PC gaming seeing such a surge in popularity of late? A number of factors come into play. One is that many new PCs are capable of playing even the most impressive AAA titles these days (although probably not on the highest graphical settings). Most big games being released right now are made to be played on older consoles like the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Those systems are approaching nine years of age, so it's no wonder today's moderately-priced computers come with hardware capable of playing those games."

3...2..1... /Response/ "That journal is trash! They don't know anything! Game publishers stopped doing this because it was, in fact, unsuccessful!" (facepalm)

Osiris397

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Off topic but I feel the same about the NVIDIA streaming stuff, and it baffles my mind that devs don't want people experiencing their games on potentially better hardware just because. Let people play games where they want!!
Since Stadia crashed and burned, PSNow is treading water at best, Publishers will spend more money to port and support the game then what they will actually get from people paying to stream the games.

BlacJack22

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 25, 2020
Since Stadia crashed and burned, PSNow is treading water at best, Publishers will spend more money to port and support the game then what they will actually get from people paying to stream the games.

NVIDIAs service only allows you to stream games you own though, it doesn't function like those other services. They aren't going to get more purchases by removing the ability of the purchaser to play the game they bought on rented out hardware. If anything it might make a handful disregard their game.

Most likely it will have no effect other than limiting what people are allowed to do with software they legally bought already.

Osiris397

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Most likely it will have no effect other than limiting what people are allowed to do with software they legally bought already.
Publishers also have to pay a licensing fee to be on the service and I'm sure they have to patch the games for them to optimized for the service. Whenever there's standardization there's a cost that has to be paid for that standardization, that's why publishers have to give a percentage of their sales to Steam when they release through Steam, it's why Epic crafted EGS and their public messaging as a counter to Steam specifically. Microsoft tried to do the same thing when they tried to kill Steam on Windows 10. Nvidia is no different, the percentage and license cost might be different it's just that most customers have no interest in "cloud streaming" in that regard Nvidia NOW a little different then the personal PC-> Nvidia Shield streaming because Nvidia servers (which are not free) stream a game you already have a key for.

BlacJack22

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 25, 2020
Publishers also have to pay an exorbitant licensing fee to be on the service and I'm sure they have to patch the game for it to optimized for the service. Whenever there's standardization there's a cost that has to be paid for that standardization, that's why publishers have to give a percentage of their sales to Steam when they release through Steam, it's why Epic crafted EGS and their public messaging as a counter to Steam specifically. Microsoft tried to do the same thing when they tried to kill Steam on Windows 10. Nvidia is no different, the percentage and license cost might be different it's just that most customers have no interest in "cloud streaming" in that regard Nvidia NOW a little different then the personal PC-> Nvidia Shield streaming because Nvidia servers (which are not free) stream a game you already have a key for.

They neither have to pay a licensing fee not do they need to patch anything, not sure where you got that info. It's literally the same as my spinning up an instance in AWS and installing Steam on it. All the licensing was done once I purchased the game, they aren't taking that license and moving it.

It sounds like you don't understand how NVIDIAs streaming works. Devs don't need to patch their game for me to install it on my friends beefier PC. NVIDIA isn't hosting a bunch of games to push them to you. They are literally instancing your steam account on a stronger PC. That's it. You are paying for access to the hardware they provide.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Hostility
I want to try and figure out at which point in history the PlayStation fandom became a Cult.

Look at the behavior in this thread, the mental breakdown reactions on Twitter over it, the ND Crunch thread, and the "Crunch vs No Crunch" meme on Twitter.

It's a Cult at this point. No two ways about it.

And of course the personalities within Sony 1P like to egg it on and fan the flames.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
First screenshot of the PS5 patched game as well no doubt. Maybe it's just this particular image, but the color looks less saturated. Maybe this shot is without HDR.

So even in a topic about the PC version you'd rather change course and talk about the PS5 and think it's that too? I guess that explains the topic.

BlacJack22

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 25, 2020
Do you have a source? Nvidia is a business not a charity the last time I checked.

They are charging for the service, as I stated. They certainly are a business. But you seem to be under the impression that they are charging for access to the games, which they are not. You can only use games that you yourself already bought in full. You are paying NVIDIA to access their beefier hardware to then run your game on, for example, a crappy laptop.

Osiris397

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Look at the behavior in this thread, the mental breakdown
The Crunch discussion was far more mental online when it was CDProjectRed, Bioware, EA etc. that were under the microscope from what I remember. The games industry was really at DEFCON 1 with the Battlefront 2 fiasco. This is like a loud whisper by comparison.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I want to try and figure out at which point in history the PlayStation fandom became a Cult.

Look at the behavior in this thread, the mental breakdown reactions on Twitter over it, the ND Crunch thread, and the "Crunch vs No Crunch" meme on Twitter.

And of course the personalities within Sony 1P like to egg it on and fan the flames.
The amount of people who deflected to old Microsoft policy or said they didn't care about crossplay when Sony was the lone holdout was a sight to behold. There would be people who went into every single crossplay thread to say they didn't care it would argue that as a market leader it would not benifit Sony in any way. Speaking like shareholders. Every thread was a complete shitshow. Glad to see the Sony came around and now we all get to play games together but that was an eye opener in regards to some of the random on this site.

Osiris397

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
But you seem to be under the impression that they are charging for access to the games
I probably wasn't clear, I was speaking specifically about the Nvidia Cloud games. Game publishers are most likely paying the licensing fee for the games to be on the cloud service, hence there were contracts that were needed and I think most or all were canceled, that's what I though you were commenting on.

As gamers we are paying to subsidize the Nvidia local streaming tech (PC->Shield) by paying the exorbidant prices that are charged for Nvidia's GPUs and also for shield devices, I've always felt that was a small scale experiment for their cloud services before scaling it up.

Dec 31, 2017
Interesting article from 2014 when the trend of growing PC gaming popularity trend started:

www.cheatsheet.com

Why PC Gaming is More Popular Than Ever

When it comes to video games, the major consoles soak up most of the attention.
"So why is PC gaming seeing such a surge in popularity of late? A number of factors come into play. One is that many new PCs are capable of playing even the most impressive AAA titles these days (although probably not on the highest graphical settings). Most big games being released right now are made to be played on older consoles like the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Those systems are approaching nine years of age, so it's no wonder today's moderately-priced computers come with hardware capable of playing those games."

3...2..1... /Response/ "That journal is trash! They don't know anything! Game publishers stopped doing this because it was, in fact, unsuccessful!" (facepalm)
Ok first, cheatsheet.com, you couldn't at least do better than this? Like yeah right, like I'm going to go by that person's opinion...

Second, 2014, the year we got Assassin's Creed Unity, Elite Dangerous, Wolfenstein New Order, Titanfall... all games developed with Xbox 360 and PS3 in mind right? 2014 is also the year I had a GTX 970 in my PC capable of doing much more than what consoles were doing at the time and it showed, just look it up!

So sorry but you are full of shit. And since when was 2014 the year PC gaming started to get popular? It's not like World of Warcraft, a PC GAME, had 12.5 million players at one time, and in 2009 at that! Can you please stop pulling stuff out of your ass now?

And even today, games like Star Citizen are being developed exclusively for PC and doing stuff way ahead of what consoles can do right now!

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
There's no such thing as "PC Technology" as a unified standard. There's just various possibilities that serve to splinter the PC gaming population into varying groups of the "Haves" and the "Have Nots." You can't build the kind of success most of these companies have on that alone.

Business 101

Thank you for the business lesson, however I don't see any meaningful difference.

Osiris397

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The amount of people who deflected to old Microsoft policy or said they didn't care about crossplay
The crossplay discussion was wierd because it felt like a neighbor knocking on your door and saying "If you don't give a me a cup of sugar from your table NOW I'm going to report you to the nieghbor's association for being 'Anti-Social' !" and they kept coming back and harrassing you until you just shoved them a cup of sugar, "Here, just take the damn sugar and go."

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
The crossplay discussion was wierd because it felt like a neighbor knocking on your door and saying "If you don't give a me a cup of sugar from your table NOW I'm going to report you to the nieghbor's association for being 'Anti-Social' !" and they kept coming back and harrassing you until you just shoved them a cup of sugar, "Here, just take the damn sugar and go."
Can someone explain to me what's going on with this thread?

The Crunch discussion was far more mental online when it was CDProjectRed, Bioware, EA etc. that were under the microscope from what I remember. The games industry was really at DEFCON 1 with the Battlefront 2 fiasco. This is like a loud whisper by comparison.
In other words you don't want to discuss what's going on, including the PC version of HZD.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't Microsoft nagging Sony. It was game developers. Microsoft just changed their stance.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Star Citizen is not a game and it's no longer "State of the Art." Star Citizen at this point is a loose collective of interactive experiments suported by a relative minority of people financially...
giphy.gif

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
you know, my first instinct would be to assume its all an act. But then I remembered the Somnium Files poster... There are some legit insane people out there that have unhealthy obsessions with video games

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Star Citizen is not a game and it's no longer "State of the Art." Star Citizen at this point is a loose collective of interactive experiments suported by a relative minority of people financially...
oh yeah? tell it to my face, where ive spent over 10k in the game, YES, THE GAME...the game i play everyday. the massive game you are not seeing cause who knows what....the FULLY PLAYABLE game that i play every day. Trust me, star citizen is well beyond and above anything this generation.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area

Poor Sony. Getting harassed and bullied... by game developers... who wanted to implement crossplay.

What a tragic tale. /s

giphy.gif

Why are you so defensive about Sony? They don't give a damn about you.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

what

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Really because I took it as more like people knocking on their door and wanting to see if you wanted to come out and play basketball at the park and them never wanting to play with the other kids because they have a basketball court in their backyard

Osiris397

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I guess the people who have been playing the game for years now are wrong then. Pack it up folks.

www.eurogamer.net

Here's how Star Citizen's survival mechanic "Actor Status" will work

Cloud Imperium has outlined how survival mechanics will be implemented in Star Citizen.In the latest instalment of Insi…
"Star Citizen's not a survival game in the traditional sense."

www.eurogamer.net

Star Citizen, I am disappointed

Star Citizen is a bit like an Instagram account: what you see looks amazing but the reality is hollow. As it stands, at…
(after 6+ years of development)
"Star Citizen is a bit like an Instagram account: what you see looks amazing but the reality is hollow."

While I'm not willing to say this is what game development would be like after years of no consoles, I wonder sometimes...

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
www.eurogamer.net

Cloud Imperium has outlined how survival mechanics will be implemented in Star Citizen.In the latest instalment of Insi…

www.eurogamer.net

Star Citizen is a bit like an Instagram account: what you see looks amazing but the reality is hollow. As it stands, at…
"Star Citizen is a bit like an Instagram account: what you see looks amazing but the reality is hollow."

While I'm not willing to say this is what game development would be like after years of no consoles, I wonder sometimes...
Keep clowning yourself. It's frankly amusing to read.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma

You can find this behavior in all fandoms. Video games or non video games. Ever watch sports? Theres literal riots over sport games.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
www.eurogamer.net

www.eurogamer.net

Man, imagine knowing how to read.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
www.eurogamer.net

www.eurogamer.net

🤡 🤡 🤡

Man, imagine knowing how to read.
Lmao.

I don't know what this thread is on, but I'm gonna keep 6' from it.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

This post is just so incredibly myopic, wow. There are awful fans out there, that is the truth, but to call it a cult is so, so stupid.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Check his post history. He's dead serious, hence why most people on the previous page disengaged with him.

Some people simply worship a piece of plastic and the company that outsourced it's parts, and they are completely blinded by their zealotry. Hence the whole OP.

With all the argumentative console warring, concern trolling, and blatant lies on this page alone from a certain individual, THIS ABOVE COMMENT is the one that's acted upon, and the member banned??