• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When will people realize that consoles don't compete with PC?

Pricing is the biggest factor when it comes to consoles. PS3 launched at a higher price point and people bought a 360. There's even polls and surveys that show it's one of the biggest factors in people buying the new consoles.

So if price is someone's biggest concern when it comes to consoles why are they going to spend at minimum, $1000 to build a PC (most wont want to build their own so they'll buy prebuilt which is more expensive. Most people outside of Era don't give a shit about exclusives. Everyone out here playing CoD, FIFA, Fortnite and GTA, so all people care about is where it's cheapest to play those titles.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
He only recently revealed that his account was a parody account. It was so cringy months back that I blocked it.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
the idea that the existence of exclusive games has no value to consumers is ignorant.
They do, but in a very limited form. Meaning a title like The Last Guardian, which would have a hard time being attractive to a regular publisher, might make sense for a first party as a prestige title even if it doesn't make millions.

But there is zero benefit to consumers for something like Spider-Man or Halo or Zelda being exclusive, and it's hard to argue that *the only reason* they get made is to sell systems, since they make enough money to justify their development even without considering the platform holder's secondary incentive.

These are huge titles which make a ton of money as exclusives and would make even more money if a wider user base got to experience them.

MrBanballow

Not changing this tag
May 1, 2019
Horizon: Zero Dawn, is a traitor. Sony, you must publicly apologize, and cancel Horizon: Zero Dawn for the PC, or you can kiss your business goodbye.

/s

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The 30 pieces of silver posts are the ones that are cracking me up. People comparing this to Judas' betrayal of Jesus seems to be about right.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I'm not surprised and am willing to believe it was satirical. But it's the year 2020 and there are legit people out there like this, so it's hard to tell.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not surprised and am willing to believe it was satirical. But it's the year 2020 and there are legit people out there like this, so it's hard to tell.
I feel like I see a lot less console wars posts these days compared to last gen at least. I see more console vs PC than that.

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to believe it was satire. It was just too over the top and a lot of the other material from the account just seemed so forced.

Last edited:

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Do people who think PS4/5 games coming to PC day 1 along with the console release seriously think people will just stop buying the PS5 to the point where Sony are pushed out of business?

A lot of people like console gaming over PC gaming for more than just the games. I can't see a situation where people who have used consoles for 20/30 years will up and build a $1000 PC rig because Zero Dawn 2 is also coming to PC

I don't think they will do PC versions the same day as console versions, but late ports to PC seems like a smart move to me. I think a lot of the big PS4 games would be million sellers on PC

Even if future PS5 exlcusives lose half a mil in sales because people wait for PC, as long as the PC version sells a few million they're well in the money

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017

Seems there are loads of people like this in every facet of social media; politics, games, sports, social issues.

Most of the blame is on these attention-seeking cretins, but I also think people need to learn to stop giving these kinds of trolls so much attention. When a crazy person screams nonsense on the bus, everyone ignores them, but when they do it on Twitter, either as a gag or sincerely, people can't help but pay attention. It's a habit we all need to break imo. It's essentially how Trump was elected.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
If we were talking about Nintendo I would probably be concerned because it means a lot for their business model as they only do games and they rely on royalty fees for their profit.
That is like the one major reason aside from the fact it might mean less synergy between their hardware team and software people.
I wouldn't break my office desk about it.
If we're talking Sony or MSFT? these guys can bankroll their VG division with the rest of the company.
As for if BotW or Yoshi's Island (my current top 2 Nintendo games) would get a release elsewhere, I would be glad more people get to play it and find ways to break them even more.
Then again for Nintendo the problem is not the same considering we have unofficial ways of getting their games to run on PC while I don't think the same is true for PS4.
I can understand fanboys being mad about it but they should die mad, all of them.

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
Why can't we all just have fun playing video games?! :)
You think this is some kind of game?

eipugIu.jpg

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
]
Feel like that twitter guy just added it into his bio recently to damage control. He literally got banned here

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
The only thing that bothers me about Horizon coming to PC is that now every thread about a Sony game is going to turn into a portbeg-fest. I just hope the staff will keep it under control.

Other than that, it's whatever. Like I said in the other thread, I'm probably going to buy it again just to see how it looks completely maxed out.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I find it funnier now knowing that it was a joke. There are still some really weird people out there that should get some checking up on from the FBI though.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
If we were talking about Nintendo I would probably be concerned because it means a lot for their business model as they only do games and they rely on royalty fees for their profit.
That is like the one major reason aside from the fact it might mean less synergy between their hardware team and software people.
I wouldn't break my office desk about it.
If we're talking Sony or MSFT? these guys can bankroll their VG division with the rest of the company.
As for if BotW or Yoshi's Island (my current top 2 Nintendo games) would get a release elsewhere, I would be glad more people get to play it and find ways to break them even more.
Then again for Nintendo the problem is not the same considering we have unofficial ways of getting their games to run on PC while I don't think the same is true for PS4.
I can understand fanboys being mad about it but they should die mad, all of them.

Nintendo are leaving a ton of money on the table by not at least offering the subscription games on PC

Judging by how popular classic Nintendo games are on piracy sites, they would be able to make a bomb even opening their own PC storefront to just sell NES/SNES/N64/GameCube ROMs

I'd rather they put them all on Switch of course, but even then some people on PC without a Switch would steal anyway. If they offered the games people are already stealing on an official store, they'd at least make some money from them, and it might get some people back into Nintendo games and push them towards a Switch

That said, this is pretty off topic (also it goes without saying but piracy is wrong and shouldn't be condoned)

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
That twitter guy just added it into his bio recently to damage control. He literally got banned here

Oh jesus. Lol.

Somebody should make a parody movie called "NerdBox" where if you glance at Twitter you become a suicidal zombie.

The only way to maintain sanity in 2020 is not to look.

justdontlook.jpg

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I sometimes wonder if shit this is a joke with these tweets lmao.

You know though that are legit fanboys here who are actually upset and not posting.

People in general are very strong about their brand preferences and aren't afraid to hide it in IRL. It's arguably worse there than on message boards. I've seen people in real life swear by Apple because of reasons they can't articulate to me (even though that should be easy to...). I've seen people who swear by Xbox because it's made by an American company they only play the most popular console games...

Not surprising that people here would be upset. I see fanboys for all console makers do list wars for games that haven't even been released yet, making declarations about how good it is to be a ______ owner.

Get a life, please...

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am really happy with Horizon Zero Dawn coming to PC.

Particulary, I have 0 interest on PC Gaming, but I simply love the fact that oje of my favorite games of the generation will be enjoyed by many more people. I love to see people enjoying the stuff I like. It is a pleasure I have. The more people that can have acess to the good stuff the better.

Also it will give Guerrila even more money for a super budget Horizon 2 :P

Hopefully it is a hit on Steam

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
you know, this reminds me of that FFXIII on Xbox announcement and that game wasn't even first party, lol.

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why can't we all just have fun playing video games?! :)

Because it's more exciting to blow things out of proportion and overreact to situations. Multiple industries feed off of humanity's tendency for the dramatics and sensationalism.

I don't even think there are many fanatics on this board or in general making a big fuss about this. We just see the more vocal ones. I'd even argue that there are more people wanting there to be an issue than there are people creating an issue.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Nintendo are leaving a ton of money on the table by not at least offering the subscription games on PC

Judging by how popular classic Nintendo games are on piracy sites, they would be able to make a bomb even opening their own PC storefront to just sell NES/SNES/N64/GameCube ROMs

I'd rather they put them all on Switch of course, but even then some people on PC without a Switch would steal anyway. If they offered the games people are already stealing on an official store, they'd at least make some money from them, and it might get some people back into Nintendo games and push them towards a Switch

That said, this is pretty off topic (also it goes without saying but piracy is wrong and shouldn't be condoned)
I mean my point was really that if we're talking strategy then yeah I can see people raising objection.
Another would be that Nintendo's internal team are working really closely together and all that but then again they used to make their own engines and now they're happy working with UE4 sometimes with no real drop in performance.
I'm not a shareholder so that's no skin off my back.
The reaction we're seeing for H:ZD is what I expected and I hope that everyone does the same and releases their games 2 years down the line everywhere else so that fanboys get to die mad.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
you know, this reminds me of that FFXIII on Xbox announcement and that game wasn't even first party, lol.

I will admit to being one of those initially upset and claimed that "FF's quality will suffer because it's now taking an inferior console into account during development!"

I outgrew that sentiment fast. It's amazing how much I've changed looking back just the past decade.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Playstation culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is on mobile where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over who plays on Playstation, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is that SonyEra, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase a PS5, nor will they purchase any of Sony's Walkman products. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sony, publicly apologize and cancel Horizon Zero Dawn on PC or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure why people are melting over Horizon coming to PC.

It's a win win for gamers and Sony. Franchise will have more exposure. With a new platform you have a brand new audience who can potentially be interested in buying PS5, because they may want to immediately play a sequel, which most likely is going to be a launch title.
For me, personally, I'm primarily an Xbox/PC/Switch gamer, but when Horizon came out, it just looked so good that I begrudgingly broke down and got a Pro so I could play it and a few of the other PS4 exclusives I'd missed out on that looked really cool.
Watching these exclusives all, one by one, come to PC or Xbox later has kinda made me feel like, "Well, why did I buy a PS4, then?" (I haven't even started several of the exclusives I've picked up, because I have a backlog problem, but that's on me.)
A bit frustrating, but I'm not melting. I'm just not going to bother with a PS5 because what's the point if all its exclusives come to PC (or even Xbox!) by the time I get around to playing them?
The people posting videos of themselves smashing their hardware, or whatever, are off the deep end, though.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
He is 100% right.
But, PlayStation and Xbox brand do nothing to not spreading console wars, most of the times, they gave ammo to their fanbase.

So 100% agree, but let's not pretend that this is only on people fault.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Sony releasing their games on PS5 and PC on the same date is a fine idea, just like it is with Microsoft.
It's just the transition can get a little weird if done in the middle of a generation rather than set in place before launch, before people start buying the thing.

For many, exclusive games is a significant factor in their decision to purchase a console, so when such a thing is introduced it can feel like it devalues your purchase. Did for me with the Xbox One. Ultimately it's a good thing, but I'd hope that if Sony knows they're going down this path, they'd let us know before launch.

Another concern of mine would be regarding PC system requirements, and them being too low. The point of an SSD being standard in these consoles lessens if this is not also expected of the PC hardware. Whether they actually are exclusive or not, I'd want these first party games to be designed around whatever new hardware strengths these consoles bring. Inclusivity is great, but if you're not going to properly utilize the next-gen hardware, then the games aren't really "next-gen", whatever that means.

I think basically that Microsoft launch games may (or may not) look more visually impressive in some regard, but PS5 launch games have a chance of being "next-gen" right from the start, not just looking it, while Microsoft won't untie the Xbox One for another two years or so.

Hopefully I've made sense, I dunno.

Ripcord

Oct 30, 2017
Serious biz. Every time I open twitter I'm reminded that people can't write/spell/probably speak at all. It's so disappointing.

UnsungKing

Dec 31, 2019
The best part isn't the parody, it's the people who were defending him on twitter and here thinking he was serious. There really are super fanboys who do shit like this. Cringey.

AmFreak

Oct 26, 2017
When will people realize that consoles don't compete with PC?

Pricing is the biggest factor when it comes to consoles. PS3 launched at a higher price point and people bought a 360. There's even polls and surveys that show it's one of the biggest factors in people buying the new consoles.

So if price is someone's biggest concern when it comes to consoles why are they going to spend at minimum, $1000 to build a PC (most wont want to build their own so they'll buy prebuilt which is more expensive. Most people outside of Era don't give a shit about exclusives. Everyone out here playing CoD, FIFA, Fortnite and GTA, so all people care about is where it's cheapest to play those titles.
Ofc they do, if they weren't we would have gotten these games for the last 30 years.
And your minimum spend of $1000 for a PC is grossly of. Do you think the (comparatively) huge numbers of PC players from East Europe, Asia and South America come from people spending $1000+ on a PC?
The reason we get these games now is because they all want to position themselves in the best way possible for the upcoming streaming war.

Oct 27, 2017
Sony just shot themselves in the foot.
I don't know how much the rest of you know about console gaming culture (I'm an expert), but high quality exclusives and loyalty are huge parts of it. It's not like it is on PC where you can become successful by releasing any old garbage. If you screw someone over by releasing your exclusives on other platforms, you bring shame to your company, and the only way to get rid of that shame is by making further sequels exclusive.
What this means is the Sony fanbase, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase the PS5 or buy into Sony's ecosystem, nor will they purchase any of Sony's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated their entire fanbase with this move.
Sony, publicly apologize and cancel Horizon: Zero Dawn for PC or you can kiss your business goodbye.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ofc they do, if they weren't we would have gotten these games for the last 30 years.
And your minimum spend of $1000 for a PC is grossly of. Do you think the (comparatively) huge numbers of PC players from East Europe, Asia and South America come from people spending $1000+ on a PC?
The reason we get these games now is because they all want to position themselves in the best way possible for the upcoming streaming war.
I only said $1000 because to play the newest titles at similar specs to PS5/Series X you need more than a budget PC. If The Last of Us 2 ever comes to PC you're gonna need more than a 970 and an 4790k

AmFreak

Oct 26, 2017
I only said $1000 because to play the newest titles at similar specs to PS5/Series X you need more than a budget PC. If The Last of Us 2 ever comes to PC you're gonna need more than a 970 and an 4790k
Why would you need more than a 970 and a 4790k for a PS4 game?
Edit: And even for PS5 only games you won't need to spend $1000+ for a upgrade to play them.

Last edited:

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
A PC also can do a lot of things . Im PC and Switch myself and I won't mind if BOTW were to go to PC. In a way, due to CEMU it already is.

This is a matter of perspective. Some fanbases are happy to see more people play (see all the cheers at tennocon when Warframe was announced for Switch)