• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
And if they become day and date I expect the quality to go down. Now they'll have to take development time and resources to optimize for a wide range of hardware rather than a single configuration. Any sort of special features or abilities of the PS5 would likely end up underutilized.

Day and date is not good.
It won't go down if they have the right resources and I would imagine you're not supported of even 1 year old ports because you hate the idea of maybe a better version out there. You've made it obvious you want them to remain on your preferred platform which is what this topic is about. I don't agree with your concerns but least you're honest about it.

It's weird to think you have no issue about the PS5 possibly playing PS4 games better but don't like mid-gen consoles or PC ports that are better. Can't you just enjoy the game and not worry about someone else playing a better version?

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
And if they become day and date I expect the quality to go down. Now they'll have to take development time and resources to optimize for a wide range of hardware rather than a single configuration. Any sort of special features or abilities of the PS5 would likely end up underutilized.

I hope you realize that your arguments seem to align with the same dumb ass that this thread is about... A man-child that flipped his desk because he believes the quality of Sony's development studios will go down because their games are available to more people. (An argument is so bad I cringed typing it) Is this really the island you want to stand on?

As for the "development for a single platform = better performance" argument... it's hard to support this thought when games like RDR2 exist and absolutely shine on every platform it released on. With consoles having similar hardware as PCs now and game engines being designed with scalability in mind, this argument is old and outdated.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

Indies manage that shit very well. Sony will manage it dont worry.

Day and date is great, you'll see, dont worry everything's going to be okay. You'll still be able to play these on your Sony PlayStation.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I have 0 doubts that its real. He's been on this for months, this his second twitter after his first one was banned for similarly ridiculous behaviour.

Someone in another server also found this wonderful display

youtu.be

The BEST Livestream Gamer Meltdown of the Decade

Livestreamer: https://twitter.com/theap99/

I was about to post that.

No way in hell this is fake.

btw. going by the twitter he's switching to PC as he no longer wants to support "sellouts", awww internet, never change.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
a lot of what we see today with these fandom meltdown when it comes to stuff like this can be partly blamed on Sega, Nintendo, Philips, Atari, The 3DO Company and who ever made the Game.Com
There is nobody to blame but idiots susceptible to being tribal over petty differences.

If liking an iPhone makes you want to talk shit about Android phones online, and you're an adult, you're an idiot. If owning a PlayStation makes you weirdly defensive of Sony and also hostile towards its competitors, you're a bootlicking fool for a corporation for no reason at all other than being an adult. None of this "but the ad campaigns made me do it!" stuff is exculpatory.

I was a kid during the 90s and I remember these things all over magazines. I had a SNES but no Genesis - but I didn't think Sega sucked. I just wished I also had one and loved visiting friends where I could play stuff I couldn't rent for my platform. I had a PS2 but no Xbox or GameCube, and same thing. Wished I had them all, loved visiting school buddies who had them. Even as a kid, the defensive "mine is cool yours sucks" mentality was incomprehensible to me, but seeing posters who I presume are adults doing it? Just sad.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I already burned by PS4 and Pro, this is a BETRAYAL JIMBO, a BETRAYAL!!!!! #SonyGamerzRISEUP

May 25, 2019
London
That Twitter account is definitely the extreme end of the spectrum, but there's also a lot of people on this forum who are going to need to tweak their worldview when services are the more important part of the next generation than the actual consoles themselves

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
giphy.webp

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I already burned by PS4 and Pro, this is a BETRAYAL JIMBO, a BETRAYAL!!!!! #SonyGamerzRISEUP
Another precious individual
twitter.com

Horizon Zero Omega on Twitter

“THAT'S NOT HOW YOU INTRODUCE PEOPLE TO PLAYSTATION I'LL MAKE YOU PAY AND IM GOING TO MAKE SURE YOU LOSE EVERYTHING YOU SPIT IN MY FACE DESTROYED MY COMPANY AND PHILOSOPHY ALL FOR WHAT TO APPEASE ANOTHER PLATFORM THAT ISN'T YOURS I KNEW THIS DAY WOULD COME PREPARE YOURSELF https://t.co/oNutii7qaj”

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
My only concern with exclusives coming to PC is that someday consoles will die out. Sure someday it will happen but maybe this speeds up the process. I like fixed hardware and find it fascinating what some developers can accomplish with a potato CPU that is used by the PS4 or Xbox One.

This will not happen. Ever. Dedicated boxes are here to stay because they are consumer friendly and an easy way for companies to earn money.
The way these consoles might look and act will change, but they will never go away. There are people still purchasing €300,- PS4's while the cost of making these for Sony is so much lower. Two to three years after release companies get so much profit out of these things that they will be dumb to ever stop producing them.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
twitter.com

“THAT'S NOT HOW YOU INTRODUCE PEOPLE TO PLAYSTATION I'LL MAKE YOU PAY AND IM GOING TO MAKE SURE YOU LOSE EVERYTHING YOU SPIT IN MY FACE DESTROYED MY COMPANY AND PHILOSOPHY ALL FOR WHAT TO APPEASE ANOTHER PLATFORM THAT ISN'T YOURS I KNEW THIS DAY WOULD COME PREPARE YOURSELF https://t.co/oNutii7qaj”
How you can give Sony a pass on this BETRAYAL? TRUE GAMERS, no TRUE SONY FANS should not let this go, JIMBO is bismirching the playstation name and legacy. Please wake up people! #GamerzRiseUP!!

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah i heard about that vid. I suggest people don't give him any attention. Hope it was for fun. If not ii hope he gets treatment.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Yall clowning on him now, but he's been drinking milk and he's going to be PC Masterace by the end of the week, lmao

Last edited:

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
This guy need help, like seriously.
He does but let's not make it about this one guy because we saw similar attitudes online, guys who berated Jason, people on this forum and reddit who got pissed.

it's easy to dismiss it as "oh well he has mental health issues" when I think it's more fan boyism, or an infatuation with a company....which I guess is mental health related. All I'm saying it's more than just this person.

Svejk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User warned: Platform warring
Wonder how all the Switch Nintendies would react if Nintendo decided to drop their 1st party games on PC/PS4, etc..

Deleted member 54170

Banned
Feb 25, 2019
This will not happen. Ever. Dedicated boxes are here to stay because they are consumer friendly and an easy way for companies to earn money.
The way these consoles might look and act will change, but they will never go away. There are people still purchasing €300,- PS4's while the cost of making these for Sony is so much lower. Two to three years after release companies get so much profit out of these things that they will be dumb to ever stop producing them.

I think it is possible to happen if streaming moves forward and behaves like playing on dedicated hardware.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I don't really get it lol

Games are more and more expensive to make nowadays and probably even more so next gen, I'm sure there's definitely a need for extra revenue and as a result, more people can play games they normally wouldn't. So a win-win really.

Not like this systems are going away, if you want to play on PlayStation, you continue to play on PS5, same for Nintendo and Xbox. The cool thing is now you can play wherever you're comfortable playing.

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
Jesus reading some of the tweets in that thread is borderline scary. Some people are just truly, profoundly stupid, really reminds me of cult behavior.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Wonder how all the Switch Nintendies would react if Nintendo decided to drop their 1st party games on PC/PS4, etc..
Something something someone knows a lot about Japanese culture and honor.

nah people would have melt downs but it's fine because end of the day Nintendo would still be making money and if they truly cared about them they would be happy with that. I don't get the whole gating off other people from enjoying things.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As for the "development for a single platform = better performance" argument... it's hard to support this thought when games like RDR2 exist and absolutely shine on every platform it released on. With consoles having similar hardware as PCs now and game engines being designed with scalability in mind, this argument is old and outdated.
RDR2 had major performance issues at launch and it launched on PC more than a year after consoles, as did GTAV.

If anything Rockstar's strategy bolsters my argument for late PC releases.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Anyone that believes that video is serious is incredibly naive. Just listen to the fake crying lol...

He does all this for attention. Like this thread.
What do you think real crying sounds like? From how this guy has acted on this forum in the past, I'm certain that he is legitimately troubled.
And if he's faking it, hell, even more sign that there's something deeply wrong.

Oct 26, 2017
twitter.com

Honestly this guy should be investigated by law enforcement, he sounds unstable.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
RDR2 had major performance issues at launch and it launched on PC more than a year after consoles, as did GTAV.

This is called the cherry-picking fallacy. One slightly borked port doesn't mean the entire universe of developers is incapable of delivering good products on multiple platforms.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
Anyone who thinks he is faking it because "people like this don't exist" needs to ride the new york subway a few times.

Bing-Bong

Banned
Feb 1, 2019
I can't believe that those diehard fanboys still exists nowadays.

What's wrong with having more people enjoying a game, even if it comes some months or years later after the console release? Developers get money from more sales and consumers don't have to force themselves to buy a new system to play some specific games. I don't see what's so bad about what Sony is doing.

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017

Resident Evil 2 released on all platforms on day one and was just fine.
Metal Gear Solid 5 released on all platforms on day one and was just fine.
There are plenty of other examples.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
twitter.com

What company is he talking about by saying *Destroyed my company *

Man, these kinda people shouldn't be allowed to have internet. It's so stupid I can't even laugh about it, Oh wait. Yes I can :D

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
It's actually kind of sad people get this invested in a company like this. I can't even find this amusing. I honestly feel bad for this person.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017

MS has already proven arguments like this false. Their games look as good as anything running on a single platform and Gears 5 and FH4 had exceptional PC optimization.

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
What company is he talking about by saying *Destroyed my company *

Man, these kinda people shouldn't be allowed to have internet. It's so stupid I can't even laugh about it, Oh wait. Yes I can :D
When you grow so attached to something you start to believe you're really attached to something. Which seems to be what has happened here.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
There is nobody to blame but idiots susceptible to being tribal over petty differences.

If liking an iPhone makes you want to talk shit about Android phones online, and you're an adult, you're an idiot. If owning a PlayStation makes you weirdly defensive of Sony and also hostile towards its competitors, you're a bootlicking fool for a corporation for no reason at all other than being an adult. None of this "but the ad campaigns made me do it!" stuff is exculpatory.

I was a kid during the 90s and I remember these things all over magazines. I had a SNES but no Genesis - but I didn't think Sega sucked. I just wished I also had one and loved visiting friends where I could play stuff I couldn't rent for my platform. I had a PS2 but no Xbox or GameCube, and same thing. Wished I had them all, loved visiting school buddies who had them. Even as a kid, the defensive "mine is cool yours sucks" mentality was incomprehensible to me, but seeing posters who I presume are adults doing it? Just sad.

I had the best of both worlds, I got the Nintendo system my buddy had Genesis. Play NHL and play Mario, awesome times.

How many platforms did Driveclub release on, do you remember that launch? We can make an argument for anything. They knew Death Stranding was coming to PC even before it came out on PS4, did that have an impact on the PS4 version?