• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
12 years? Dude is getting off with a slap on the wrist. I bet he's put people away with these plants for longer stretches of time.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Dude should have gotten each and every sentence given to those he planted drugs on. 20 years for an ounce of Meth? Sorry cop, you going to jail for several lifetimes.
I'm sure the church and community he participates in is thrilled for her endorsement.
He's a white dude that was taking "undesirables" off the streets and a police officer. Of course the church loves him and is quick to forgive his lapse in judgement. Besides, if it wasn't drugs, those people would have gone to prison for other crimes for not being upstanding white citizens.

CopyOfACopy

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Joking about Rape; History of Inappropriate Posting
dont-drop-the-soap.jpg

Hale-XF11

Dec 8, 2017
" The Zach that is in the court before you today is a mighty man of God."

He was only doing what Jesus would do. /s

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I read that headline as his prison sentence got dropped. I was pretty furious. But 12 years is a joke for the damage he has done.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure the church and community he participates in is thrilled for her endorsement.
Edit: I guess there was potential for giving away too much info so I changed my wording and added a link.

His father has made frequent statements that this is a case of a prosecutor just trying to make a name for himself and that he did not do what they are accusing him of, and that the video evidence doesn't show what everyone thinks it shows. Also, that this is a cover up for fucked up police work by the brass.

I guarantee you that's the spin for his church, as well.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/n...rugs-framed-prosecutor-deposition/5035371001/

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Should be all 300 of his arrests.

During one of the arrests cited in the indictment filed in January 2020, Wester sang, "We Wish You a Merry Christmas," as he searched a Chevrolet Tahoe he pulled over in the Lowe's parking lot in Marianna.
The entire 40-minute traffic stop, which culminated in the arrest of the driver, happened while Wester's body camera was running.
"Man, I am in the Christmas spirit," he said as he rifled through the SUV. "I mean, I like to hum a tune in case something ever goes to the jury, you know, so they're not just sitting somewhere ... chilling."

"When he arrested me, I lost my job and I had to pretty much sell everything I had that was worth anything to keep a roof over my head," Fears said. "I couldn't find a job because nobody wanted to hire somebody with a fresh meth arrest. Me and my wife split up for a while over that because it was just so damn stressful."

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
The whole war on drugs was incredibly stupid, and cop assholes like this adding to the stupidity is infuriating. You just know he wasn't the only one.

Nov 1, 2017
cops should get extra harsh penalties for breaking the law, after all their job is to uphold the law. imagine all the cops who do this that are protected by their police departments

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
cops should get extra harsh penalties for breaking the law, after all their job is to uphold the law. imagine all the cops who do this that are protected by their police departments

Agreed. Particularly since many places have stricter laws in place regarding crimes against police, its only fair the reverse goes the opposite way. Much of the reasoning behind those laws are by attacking police you're effectively committing crimes against society itself, I don't see how that logic doesn't work the opposite way when this completely undermines the rule of law

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Nope. Here are a few of his victims.

What this guy did was monstrous. I'm all for some prison justice in this case since 12 years is a joke for the amount of damage he caused.

5bd187f9-9699-4825-ad4f-b83e857c8b64-mugs.png

I was just skimming stories on the trial and the prosecution hinted at one point he may have been doing it to try to get into the narcotics unit. That is cold as hell, what a fucking psycho

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What's the recourse for these folks wrongfully arrested? They are just screwed?

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
1 year for every case that had to be dropped. That's more than fair since he tried to ruin people's lives 120 times.

Nov 1, 2017
Nope. Here are a few of his victims.

What this guy did was monstrous. I'm all for some prison justice in this case since 12 years is a joke for the amount of damage he caused.

5bd187f9-9699-4825-ad4f-b83e857c8b64-mugs.png
poor people in general are easily exploitable targets for corrupt police

Seriously, how the fuck you get sentenced to only 12 years in prison for 67 different crimes against a hundred+ people

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Actually boggles my mind that 50 people sent in letters of support that he is a good man. Like LOL. It reads like "Oh he just slipped and accidentally planted evidence for 120 cases"

Fuck this dude. Wonder how many collective years people served

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
I hope he has 120 civil suits coming his way and in 12 years when he's working some shitty job his wages are garnished to hell. What a monster.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Should have to serve, consecutively, the sentences of all the people he falsely put into prison.

So all the people who were released get to sue this guy into complete poverty, right?

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This is such an insane number of cases. This guy should be given 30+ years to scare the shit out of other cops that do this

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Oh great at 28 years old, shitty police officers are also spreading into the younger generations. ACAB.

Edit: And he was atleast 22-23 when he started his fuckery. Wow, piece of shit out the gate.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You ruin 120 lives, you should receive 120 life sentences. 12 years is bullshit. 1 year for every 10 lives he ruined?! How is that justice?

Oct 26, 2017
If I lived in the US I'd have cameras covering all angles of my car, including the boot so I'd have my own footage of any traffic stops.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Consider how many lives he probably ruined, 12 years isn't anywhere near enough.

Public servants like him that rather pervert justice and destroy lives, rather than protect them like they're suppose to, deserve to have the book thrown at them with no sympathy whatsoever (After all, they certainly have no sympathy when they knowingly lie or plant evidence that they know can land people in jail for decades).

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
He ruined so many people's fuckin lives and got a measly 12??? Fuck off. Bitch ass should get the sentence of everyone he ruined combined.

Demon_Ice

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
12 years is such a slap on the wrist. Scumbag should be serving a cumulative sentence that's equal to the combined sentencing that happened as a result of his drug planting.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
12 years in gen pop as a drug planting ex-cop would probably feel a lot longer than 12 years. Not that I expect that to happen.

This also illustrates how fucked up drug laws are. Anyone can plant drugs on anyone and the person caught with them gets the time. Open and shut case.