• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

Twitter quote from Tom Cannon said:
If the people want it, this is something Evo could invest in. PLS like/retweet if you're onboard for something like this.

That would be cool since we should not expected any other awards show to accurately represent the breadth and diversity of the FGC

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
I would assume this would just happen at EVO. It doesn't really make sense to invest in a separate event.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
after a huge swell of support for the idea, he also said

so there's a really good chance that it's happening.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Best Pop-Off has to be mandatory.

And biased as this may be, give it to Lil' Majin for his Rock impression. lol

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
The primary goal of most awards is to generate interest in a profession. Hiring better talent ensures the industry improves over time.

If these awards are marketed seriously the effort will be worth it. But if they don't generate interest among casual fighting game players I don't think it will be worth the effort.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Yea. less focus on specific games and more on players/matches and developers IMO. last thing we need is some dickwagging between the various fighting game communities, because besides, that its by far my favorite gaming community right now

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Go for it. I'm down and I'll probably be going to next year's Evo, so that'd be great to witness in person.

Shokunin

Oct 25, 2017
The city beautiful
FGC (especially at the top with Mr Wiz, et al.) is too "buddy-buddy" and insular to do this right.

I'd probably have more confidence if Rick the Hadou and BearUNLV. They've always had a great barometer of their respective communities.

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
The VGA's do a poor job of representing games outside of the action/adventure/RPG type so I'm down. Someone should do one for strategy games as well.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Best Netcode Award or riot

giphy.gif

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018

Tom's a great interview, he's been with the FGC since the beginning. Definitely appears to be the more outspoken of the Cannon brothers.

Sailent

Mar 2, 2018
Damn, after leaving Bolivia Evo really stepped up his game at fighting. Good for him!