• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We of the FGC delegation would like to draft Smash in exchange for DOA on the condition that a years supply of Old Spice Champion body wash be a part of the package deal.

Who knew that these events would finally lead to Smash Bros. being accepted as a fighting game.

3ZsW.gif

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they just brought more attention to that by doing this, and its fucking hilarious.

They really did. They cut the stream pretty much at the end. The tweet just causes this to blow up more now

Not that it isn't a bit understandable. The girls ended up having a bit too much fun and Shimbori on the photo mode camera controls were too much.

Just some photo mode zoom ins and jiggle physics in different costumes wouldn't have led to this I think

Heropon_

Oct 31, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Inflammatory False Equivalence
Women. Nah. Extreme violence and gore, sure. That's what that meme means.

Oh I had understood the meme, no need to explain. And I'm pretty sure that's ironic. And I was saying I agreed with that. I don't get why gore is normal, and sexy/sex is taboo. These girls seems to know and enjoy what they are doing, so what's the problem here ?

Feb 24, 2018
I mean, unless Ed Boon comes on stage and decapitates the loser of a Mortal Kombat tournament, I think it's wrong to compare the two. Even if we accepted that excessive fanservice was ok (I don't), the display here is egregious even for that. Using the freecam to make a scene look like sex. Bringing live models for the sole purpose of having them titilate the audience. This is quite clearly a case far more extreme than just Ivy's outfit in the latest Soul Caliber Game.

Plus I wonder under the impression that EVO does dial back on MK games when shown there hence why the players don't do the fatalities during tournament play.

Deleted member 38706

Banned
Jan 19, 2018
True, an ass in shorts and some cleavage is nothing compared to heads being ripped off

Good thing they didn't need to demonstrate that with real people then. /s

Honestly, this goes to show why they're not comparable at all. The whole "if you're fine with violence, then you're hypocrite for criticizing sexualization" is an argument made in bad faith. This shows how sexualization bleeds into reality (where actual gravure idols are hired to appease fans), whereas violence doesn't. One affects reality, the other doesn't. They don't hire anyone to rip another guy's face off in real life.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I do suppose there are ways to depict sexual content in games that do not objectify women, but DOA is not the game that cracked how to do that.

Really? You don't see the difference between objectifying an entire gender of people and gore?

Sexual inequality and harassment is a real issue a lot of people deal with unlike decapitations
I hope?

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
*Reads thread title*

WUT?

*Sees videos*

I'm just kind of puzzled why there were models there in the first place (it sounds like they were involved in the first clip too). I mean this is their job - what they are expected to do and paid to do. Evo Staff just never talked to Koei-Tecmo staff? Somebody dropped the ball here.

I feel like they just brought more attention to that by doing this, and its fucking hilarious.

Yeah I'm inclined to agree with this. Having someone there in person telling the models/advertisers to cut it out and not do it again behind the scenes and then pretending this never happened seemed like a better course of action. Was this a pre-emptive apology or did someone(s) ask for a response?

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Oh boy I just remembered: I can't wait to see Shimbori answer questions about this for some Western outlets. I wonder how he'll spin this in reference to the "cool" DOA6.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Plus I wonder under the impression that EVO does dial back on MK games when shown there hence why the players don't do the fatalities during tournament play.

That's more because of time constraints. Tournaments are run on a tight schedule and often run the risk of going late. As such, things that aren't necessary tend to be skipped over. Hence why most tournament goers don't use fatalities. And also, when you play on the level of that, you tend to already have seen those same fatalities 100s of not 1000s of times so the novelty kind of wears off on you.

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So... what did they expect with that idol(?) interview in a country where the oversexualization of women in media is happening all the time?
Especially in a game like Dead or Alive?
That freecam usage on the other hand... that, you can't predict to happen. Seriouslay, the fuck?

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
How perverted is the talk, especially during the free camera part?

Had the girls not been instructed to put focus on their tits and ass there probably wouldn't have been a problem. I cant really tell if they're selling the game or a good time.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These girls seems to know and enjoy what they are doing, so what's the problem here ?
The problem is most likely that if the only role you can think of for women is them showing their bodies maybe you should think of a better role?
Sexual inequality and harassment is a real issue a lot of people deal with unlike decapitations
I hope?
Yeah, I fully expect someone to wax nostalgic about booth babes.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
So we are past the "TN sided with the SJWs!!" and now we are back at the "but violence and gore!!".

Things never change.

But yeah good luck to TN, their PR has been constant lies to both sides. Just hope Shimboshi dont go crying around in the next western interview when he's asked again about the constant sexualization of their female characters.

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You'd think that some would learn that the age old issue of gratitious violence and sexual content is not a hill worth dying on.

Status
Not open for further replies.