• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
MvC2 not even made top 8 such a shame xD

I want to see the numbers ... i am betting the smash vs SF5 gap raised considering last year

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Swap Granblue and Tekken, and that probably ends up being the final numbers as well. Could also see Under-night swapping with DBFZ.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Ugh another year of Smash being the closer.
I've got nothing against the game but having been there in person last year, it sucked all the energy out of the room.
Smash is just kinda boring to watch.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Strong showing for GBF, and that's in spite of its wonky release schedule. Hope the players put on a good show.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
A pleasant surprise to see GBVS so high, but disappointing to see that SCVI has dropped since last month.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
GBVS is basically taking the spot SamSho did last year. A secondary game that has a ton of crossover with other games.
It will likely fall under Tekken 7 but I expect around around 1500 for Granblue regardless

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
GranBlue is very simple and very fun, I wouldn't be surprised seeing it stay that high, it's the perfect side game.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I can see Tekken moving to 3rd and DBFZ staying at 5th. GB has that new game boost.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't decided yet if I'm going to travel at EVO. I'm scared that they are going to postpone the thing for a potential corona virus outbreak

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I've got nothing against the game but having been there in person last year, it sucked all the energy out of the room.
Uhh...?

That whole top 8 was really hype. The emergence of Game 4 MKLeo, the heartbreak of Tweek's missed edgeguard that would've won him the whole thing, etc.

Maybe you were just surrounded by debbie downers?

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Uhh...?

That whole top 8 was really hype. Maybe you were just surrounded by debbie downers?

There were 4 guys from mexico who were really hyped and had a whole flag and unique cheer but the whole time I kept looking around. Lotta people on phones. chins resting on hands. I'd say it was because it was so late but it really did just plummet around the third smash match.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
After the hype of Frostbite, Genesis and Smash world Tour. I think Ultimate isn't going to have a huge drop. Probably a decent drop but still huge numbers.

Ultimate is in a really Good place.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Solid first showing for GBVS so far, hopefully it can maintain this hype going forward.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
There were 4 guys from mexico who were really hyped and had a whole flag and unique cheer but the whole time I kept looking around. Lotta people on phones. chins resting on hands. I'd say it was because it was so late but it really did just plummet around the third smash match.
Are you sure we were in the same room? lol

I could barely hear myself think with all the cheering going on.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
EVO 2019: Measles
EVO 2020: Corona

Get ready for the next battle!

svU.gif

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I expect Tekken to overtake GBVS but other than that I imagine the final rank won't be too dissimilar. Ultimate has been extremely good the last few months; I know I raved about Genesis 7 grand finals before, but Frostbite 2020 which happened the other week might just be in the running for greatest Smash tournament of all time.

FuzzyWuzzy

Prophet of Truth
Apr 7, 2019
Austria
Ultimate is dominating, the scene is in a very good spot right now, I would hope Tekken to get second in the end

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
SamSho and Soul Calibur still not making much sense as a selection. Rest is pretty much expected, with Granblue going lower over time.

mugwhump

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
SamSho and Soul Calibur still not making much sense as a selection. Rest is pretty much expected, with Granblue going lower over time.
They're in because they're dope as hell and scvi arguably had the best top 8 last year in an Evo with lots of great top 8s.

It was loud when it was over but the actual event energy was looooooooow.
Yeah I was there too and I also really didn't get that impression.

JusDoIt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I expect this to be pretty much the final order, but with Tekken 7 catching Granblue.

1. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
2. Street Fighter V: Champion Edition
3. Tekken 7
4. Granblue Fantasy: Versus
5. DragonBall FighterZ
6. Under Night In-Birth [CL-R]
7. Soul Calibur 6
8. Samurai Shodown

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I expect Tekken to overtake GBVS but other than that I imagine the final rank won't be too dissimilar. Ultimate has been extremely good the last few months; I know I raved about Genesis 7 grand finals before, but Frostbite 2020 which happened the other week might just be in the running for greatest Smash tournament of all time.
If Miaster was able to actually put a fight in Granf Finals, I think Frostbite 2020 would've been the greatest smash tournament no question.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine

Honestly the only FG I could see over either of those two would be MK11 - and I think we all know that it's more of a behind-the-scenes thing with WB rather than a #s thing for why there's no NRS game at Evo.

With the World Tour SC6 had a good chance to get in, though no guarantee. As others have said, it's also really well designed for hype ass matches, which possibly helped it. I expect some real highlights from top 8 this year.

SamSho is debatable, but I guess you gotta get that SNK representation in somewhere. Look for the next KoF game to take it's place next year for sure.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Both are good games, with SCVI getting a second season (much like SamSho) and an accompanying World Tour in light of its success. Bamco are also inclined to make major announcements for their games at Evo, with Soul Calibur being no exception.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
They're in because they're dope as hell and scvi arguably had the best top 8 last year in an Evo with lots of great top 8s.

Yeah I was there too and I also really didn't get that impression.
Both are good games, with SCVI getting a second season (much like SamSho) and an accompanying World Tour in light of its success. Bamco are also inclined to make major announcements for their games at Evo, with Soul Calibur being no exception.
Just to clarify, I didn't say anything about the quality of those games. Just that they didn't bring that many viewers in the end, and their respective scenes slowed down a lot.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Just to clarify, I didn't say anything about the quality of those games. Just that they didn't bring that many viewers in the end, and their respective scenes slowed down a lot.
Pretty sure SCVI's scene has actually picked up lately. SamSho, probably not.

If arguing in favor of MK11, I recall issues of viewship numbers being split between Evo official streams and NRS' own stream. Other than this, Evo and WB apparently couldn't reach an agreement this year.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): inflammatory generalization and hostility, history of the same
Super Corona Bros Ultimate is leading the registration leaderboard? Smash kids can't shower let alone be trusted to even wash their hands.

The stink is barely tolerable in the first place. Think I'm going to sit this one out.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes which is why it's great for it to be the closer. I love smash but I can't stand watching it. So if street fighter is done earlier than great.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Yeah Tekken most likely would over take Granblue but at this moment in time....

ANNNNIIIIIMMMMEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome I'm all for Smash being the closer, then I can actually watch the tournaments I wanna watch.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Both games did well last year & both are still getting DLC support, so it made sense to bring them back.
If you just need DLC support to get in, most games qualify.
They did well at EVO last year in terms of registrations (not viewers), but dropped quickly in other tournaments, that was the point.