• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think will be the Sunday line-up (in no specific order)?

• Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, Smash Ultimate, & Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Votes: 151 60.9%
  • Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, Smash Ultimate, & Granblue Versus

Votes: 86 34.7%
  • A Different Set of Games (Please Specify)

Votes: 11 4.4%

• Total voters

Daouzin

Oct 28, 2017
Arizona
asked you if you wanted to have a game and you said you never tried netplay

My friend got it working like a month ago, but then I did something and it stopped. :(

I've been too lazy to figure it out. I usually have people over to play at least once a week. So I don't need it, but right now I'm so hyped for MvC2 I need it working.

bar_bar12

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I mean to be fair MK11 had nearly 1600 entrants last year, double what SC6 had and more than UNIST and DBFZ had. I don't give a shit about MK11 personally, but I do think this is realllly weird omission that sticks out, especially since I remember a year or two (MK9 maybe?) where it was baffling that MK was still making it in.
Yeah 2013 had both Injustice and MK9, which I think is the only time two NRS games made it.

MK11 is the first NRS game to get booted off Evo after one year

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
So wait, has any single NRS game ever been at 2 consecutive EVOs? I feel like they've always been dropped after 1. I thought MK11 would be the one to make two EVOs, but apparently not.

Yeah 2013 had both Injustice and MK9, which I think is the only time two NRS games made it.

MK11 is the first NRS game to get booted off Evo after one year

oh, well that answered my question

I hope Smash gets the last Sunday spot again. Walking out of the arena at 7:30ish felt nice. I was able to grab a bite and hit up the anime suite. 👍

I hope SFV gets the last spot and doesn't start til 10pm PST for the lulz/salt

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Legit surprised at no MK considering the amount of entrants it got last year. But also not surprised considering how much of a bore that game is to watch.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Since we're talking about a hypothetical MvC4, thoughts on my tier list of who should show up?

EP8PMsSXkAUJ4Jt
EP-9UCdWAAAwrJk
If MVC4 happens Quake better be on the damn roster.

Oct 25, 2017
wiz gotta dig up all the old MAHVEL 2 "personalities" via invitational tournament because none of them are good enough to qualify for top 8 in anything open or new.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Friday Top 8: Under Night Exe 358/2 HD
Saturday Top 8: Samsho, Granblue Fantasy, DBFZ, Soul Calibur
Sunday Top 8: Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, MAHVEL, Smash

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
MK is all flash and no substance man. The game is good to watch at a casual level, but the deeper you go, the more you realize how boring it is.
This. Its a game with very refined basics but deep as a puddle in terms of tech to discover. I think that really hurts it when you compare it to say SFV. Both are relatively basic games but SFV's added mechanics makes things a bit more "unpredictable" and explosive which MK lacks.

They need to find a middle ground between the balls to wall nuttiness that MKX was and the more methodical gameplay of MK11.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
You cant comment on MK11 having views not as good as others while it was a Saturday game. Sunday games are always gonna have more views than Saturday and numbers are gonna be inflated by people just tuning into "Evo Sunday" regardless of what's being played.

Feb 12, 2019
I am 100% behind the sheer audacity of dropping an NRS game and putting Marvel vs Capcom 2 back onto the main stage instead. Also, props to SamSho and Under Night for staying in there, I guess.