• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
I would be ecstatic to play a 3D Kirby game. I hope it drops at some point!

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I would love a 3D Kirby game. And Odyssey was kinda in that vein anyway playing around in a world by taking abilities (cap possession vs eating).

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I hope so. Kirby on Switch has been very disappointing so far. Especially after Rainbow Curse and Robobot.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine a 3D Kirby game working very well, to be entirely honest. As a character he feels intricately tied to 2D.

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A 3D Kirby would be absolutely fantastic. I've been hoping they've been developing one after we didn't get a Kirby this year and the series has been biannual for some time now.

Applebite

Oct 27, 2017
Something about this is hilarious, like people have discovered evidence of alien life or something. 3D KIRBY IS REAL! THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Make it first-person. I want to look my enemies in the eyes as I hit them with the big succ.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I'd be interested to see how Kirby would work in 3D, seeing as they tried on the Gamecube and it didn't pan out either.

Still, taking this with a grain of salt for the time being.

Skies

Oct 25, 2017
Kirby Fighters 2 has 3D Kirby models, along with a ton of other Kirby games in the past.

I wouldn't get my hopes up to much.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Honestly seems like the logical time for it with how iterative HAL has been for awhile, it's nice but we're ready for something weird and wild.

Noog

â–˛ Legend â–˛
May 1, 2018
I would love that. More 3D Platformers is always a good thing, and I really think they hit their creative peak with 2D Kirby on the 3DS. Star Allies felt disappointing following that up. I'd love to see what they could do with Kirby with an extra axis of movement

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
PLEASE. and please have some good exploring for secrets and some slightest hint of difficulty!

I loved Amazing Mirror so much, and Dreamland 2 is also pretty great, but few Kirby games have stacked up to those in any way

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Don't expect it but would love to see what they come up with. Always seemed like a thing they wanted to try but never could get right.

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
I just want a new Kirby that is more ambitious than Star Allies, I don't even care if it's 3D or not

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
Wasn't there a story about them wanting to do a bigger Kirby project last year.

I want to believe that's what they're doing so I'm in!

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing would make me happier than a serious, ambitious, 3D Kirby adventure. Especially with co-op.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
A 3D Kirby could be sooo good. Mario Odyssey made me think "what if instead of Cappy we are Kirby and just use our powers for traversal and shit?"

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I wonder how they'll revamp the Kirby gameplay for that, Kirby has far too many moves that are aimed forward, kinda like Mega Man. You'd probably have to rebuild the game around some sort of lock-on for anything with longer range.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
This feels like nothing, based off of a file name in a completely different game than an actual 3d kirby (which would proabbly be developed by different people anyway realistically).

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I don't know what 3D has to offer Kirby unless they decide to drop the pretense and just make it a hardcore action game.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
A 3D Kirby game with Mario 3D Land/World esque approach to level design sounds kinda fun.

I've always thought they should make a new game in Super Star's bite size game format and use that opportunity to basically toy around with 3D Kirby ideas.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I wonder how they'll revamp the Kirby gameplay for that, Kirby has far too many moves that are aimed forward, kinda like Mega Man. You'd probably have to rebuild the game around some sort of lock-on for anything with longer range.
Kirby 3D is probably like Mario 64 in that Mario 64 barely resembles Mario 2D gameplay

It is something risky that can go well or badly.