• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
For those of you that got a code, can you log into indreams.me? I got a US code...but it won't allow me to log into the beta forum.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i would contact MM if you can't access the forum. but do check that youre able to browse at least the dreamiverse in dreams (be able to search and browser other peoples creation) the forum isn't all that good even though its the only place you can sorta ask for help and leave feedback and bug reports.

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
For those of you that got a code, can you log into indreams.me? I got a US code...but it won't allow me to log into the beta forum.

My reading skills are pretty bad. The email with the beta code says that your forum account will be created when you launch the beta. I'm still at work but have downloaded the beta to my PS4 using the PSN store.(love this feature by the way) Will have to try again when I get home.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Shifting Islands is a level that just got published - The most complete platforming level I've come across, nice art style where you collect coins and then can use those coins for costumes for your character like hats/glasses. When you jump the platforms shift.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
PM me for a follow... if you want. I can't remember everyone's PSN handles. I try to get you all either way though.

ZmillA

Oct 27, 2017
what are we allowed to say about the beta? Very impressed by what I've seen so far. Will HDR be added? What about VR support?

Remf

Oct 29, 2017
Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but you all have to try Project Hill: Redux. Excellent and creepy vibe to it

McFly

Nov 26, 2017
Finally more people to experience what in my opinion is the defining game of this generation. Welcome to the new folks.

LoudMouse

Nov 23, 2017
Can anyone work out what Steve-Big-Guns has used for the surface of the water? I don't think it's the text tool and it doesn't look like flecks. Anything?

LoudMouse

Nov 23, 2017
I'm pretty sure that impressionist style was an effect that could be applied to a scene. I'm not sure if it's in the beta, I haven't dug into that side of things much yet.

Naa, it's just a style painted with what's available, not an 'effect'. You can do it in the beta if you want. I'm not a good enough artist to attempt it.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bitches I just got invited to the beta. Time to make Mario clones!

Pardon the offensive language, I'm fucking hyped.

Deleted member 6562

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How quickly did those of you that didn't get a code sign up? I wonder if there is some merit to that theory, like maybe the server was overloaded and some people's registrations got missed.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Naa, it's just a style painted with what's available, not an 'effect'. You can do it in the beta if you want. I'm not a good enough artist to attempt it.

I'm not talking about the painting tools, I'm referring to the aesthetic of that image which was shown in a couple streams (and maybe E3?) that has a particular Monet/impressionist kind of texture to the whole scene, the sky included. I'm almost positive I remember them saying on a stream that it was a post-processing effect you could add.

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
what are we allowed to say about the beta? Very impressed by what I've seen so far. Will HDR be added? What about VR support?
VR is planned to be included when the game launches. I'm not sure about the status of HDR. It might be worth sending a tweet to @mmalex on Twitter, he's usually good at answering technology questions in regards to Dreams.

LoudMouse

Nov 23, 2017
I'm not talking about the painting tools, I'm referring to the aesthetic of that image which was shown in a couple streams (and maybe E3?) that has a particular Monet/impressionist kind of texture to the whole scene, the sky included. I'm almost positive I remember them saying on a stream that it was a post-processing effect you could add.

Yeah, it's there. Nobodies tried to do it yet. That's all.

LoudMouse

Nov 23, 2017
OK, I remember I have seen that style during the beta. Check out some still life. I believe it was a bowl with fruit in it.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
So..
Signed up for the newsletter in August (even though it is useless spam that offers zero new or interesting information for anyone even remotely interested in dreams). Got the confirmation email. Confirmed it, got confirmation that it was confirmed. No Newsletters. No Beta

Signed up for the newsletter again in December even though I knew it wouldn't get me into the beta. Got confirmation email, confirmed, got confirmation that it was confirmed. No Newsletters.

Signed up for the "Plenty of room" Beta as soon as it was up even though it was the middle of a work day. No Beta
(Also like to point out this "plenty of room" beta was SOOO small, most "friends and family" betas are much larger than this so I don't know why they kept trying to pass it off as anything but a tiny amount.)
Second wave. No Beta
Third wave for everyone that signed up. No Beta

hate bitching about it but it sucks to be constantly jerked around for months on end. If they were just honest with how tiny the beta was going to I would have never even bothered to try and would have been fine with that. Instead we get "no no you'll get in, there's plenty of room" only to get the rug pulled over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.