• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
if you guys are worried they are going fast. dont fret. they will do more weekly streams during beta to show off more of the creations.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is why you guys need to keep actual characters out of your levels and references to other games away as well. They aren't going to be able to show them off.

Yeah I hope after this, people go back chance up their levels. Like the Clank level can easily use any of the other robot puppets and then change the name of the game.

Stike

Oct 27, 2017
Still watching the stream. This game looks so amazing.

Can't wait to create something really weird :D

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
The beta hype is too real, what are y'all thinking of making first ?

I def want to dive into some of the 3D modeling, and start making some of the D&d character ive made . And then try my hand and probably fail with music creator

Voyevoda

Nov 1, 2017
Paris, France
The beta hype is too real, what are y'all thinking of making first ?

I def want to dive into some of the 3D modeling, and start making some of the D&d character ive made . And then try my hand and probably fail with music creator

I'll be recreating my flat as a setting (it'll give me a focus, an objective, for the 10 days of beta) and in it, I'll probably make a horror experience, either first person like P.T, or fixed cameras and tank controls, if I can figure it out. (or both)

Deleted member 6562

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be recreating my flat as a setting (it'll give me a focus, an objective, for the 10 days of beta) and in it, I'll probably make a horror experience, either first person like P.T, or fixed cameras and tank controls, if I can figure it out. (or both)

There is already a first person puppet in the dermiverse, so you'll be good. :)

Leplutorius

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure if this was asked but should I have received some sort of confirmation after signing for the beta today? Wouldn't want to miss out on it!

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Some good explanations around characters but nothing else. I get that characters are a big complex area that doesn't have tutorial coverage. I thought Beechy said he'd cover transparency and a couple of other areas mentioned in the stream, but it just ended..

If it wasn't nda'd it would be helpful for people (or Mm) to make YouTube videos covering other areas - eg logic. The sort of dryer topics that might not be live stream friendly.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this was asked but should I have received some sort of confirmation after signing for the beta today? Wouldn't want to miss out on it!
since it's sony, the only confirmation is if you get the code on the 11th or not. but theres no guarantee everyone will get in. we'll just see how things go next week.

LoudMouse

Nov 23, 2017
Are you a jungle VIP?

DwFnQe3XgAY9skJ.jpg

Mohsenix

Mar 31, 2018
Holy shit they showed my character! It's called Saccharomyces Cerevisiae if you wanna check it out. It's a very simple model though.

xEgsgwR.jpg

There are some amazing stuff there. Can't wait for the release. Easily my most anticipated game of this year.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Did they say any shortcuts for soft blend? They did a twist gesture with moves but how about on DS4?

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
guess no new thread. but i do want to get an updated thread at least with the information we got from the streams. for an everything you need to know about dreams is just this is just a dreams thread with not a lot going since it started and everything was scattered as we went along.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Well I signed up the exact moment it hit Twitter, fingers crossed. May try it again too... be nice if Sony at least acknowledged the receipt.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit they showed my character! It's called Saccharomyces Cerevisiae if you wanna check it out. It's a very simple model though.

xEgsgwR.jpg

There are some amazing stuff there. Can't wait for the release. Easily my most anticipated game of this year.
Congrats! Looks very simple yet catchy and so cozy.

Again, that fish was something else:

dBt2Vjq.jpg

Until now I haven't seen anything like that in Dreams, I'm so glad it's possible to make. Imagine horror game/experience with models like this.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
They really need to lift the NDA. Like, I get it, but getting people sharing amazing shit is literally the way to sell this game. It markets itself once you've got people creating extraordinary things!

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats! Looks very simple yet catchy and so cozy.

Again, that fish was something else:

dBt2Vjq.jpg

Until now I haven't seen anything like that in Dreams, I'm so glad it's possible to make. Imagine horror game/experience with models like this.
the gfx team has some good stuff

They really need to lift the NDA. Like, I get it, but getting people sharing amazing shit is literally the way to sell this game. It markets itself once you've got people creating extraordinary things!
once we get closer to actually have a preorder page up for the game maybe. lol

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017

I really think this is probably a Sony mandate. But Mm's way around that is to showcase a few things. It doesn't have the same impact as a wide distribution of content though, I agree. OTOH, they don't have to worry about someone's Star Wars game getting the attention of Disney legal eagles, for instance.

Related to that, I am a bit concerned about the beta agreement -- which gives Sony full and perpetual rights to use our content in any way they see fit (which is how Mm can use them on streams) -- and whether it will be a template for the TOS we get in the final game. I don't want Sony having any rights to my content other than perhaps promotional rights.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I really think this is probably a Sony mandate. But Mm's way around that is to showcase a few things. It doesn't have the same impact as a wide distribution of content though, I agree. OTOH, they don't have to worry about someone's Star Wars game getting the attention of Disney legal eagles, for instance.

Related to that, I am a bit concerned about the beta agreement -- which gives Sony full and perpetual rights to use our content in any way they see fit (which is how Mm can use them on streams) -- and whether it will be a template for the TOS we get in the final game. I don't want Sony having any rights to my content other than perhaps promotional rights.
I mean it's just standard speak. We shouldnt worry

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's just standard speak. We shouldnt worry

It's not standard to claim all rights on user content. Maybe in LBP it was, and it was wrong of Sony to do that, and Mm said they would be discussing with Sony legal about changing that. Because they want people to use Dreams for all kinds of purposes, and for many commercial or other non-fuckery purposes having a third-party claiming they can do anything with the content is an automatic no-go. And just personally, if I create a work of art, Sony shouldn't have any of their grubby mitts on it. It'd be like Adobe saying they have usage rights to anything created in Photoshop.

So anyway, I hope the beta agreement is just a placeholder thing, but it does worry me, and I think everyone should be concerned who cares about that issue.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It's not standard to claim all rights on user content. Maybe in LBP it was, and it was wrong of Sony to do that, and Mm said they would be discussing with Sony legal about changing that. Because they want people to use Dreams for all kinds of purposes, and for many commercial or other non-fuckery purposes having a third-party claiming they can do anything with the content is an automatic no-go. And just personally, if I create a work of art, Sony shouldn't have any of their grubby mitts on it. It'd be like Adobe saying they have usage rights to anything created in Photoshop.

So anyway, I hope the beta agreement is just a placeholder thing, but it does worry me, and I think everyone should be concerned who cares about that issue.
If you want to keep the rights to something. Better not upload it.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017

There really is no reason for the NDA at this point. I think Sony must be really scared or cautious of this game or something.

Oct 27, 2017
There really is no reason for the NDA at this point. I think Sony must be really scared or cautious of this game or something.
There is plenty of reasons. here is one of them:

'Dreams Beta is filled with giant penises' as a headline of a game thats not even out yet, is not good publicity.

(No this is not in the beta right now, but you get the point. Showing Mario's etc can cause lots of issues for a game thats not out yet). Them controlling what we see of the game makes perfect sense.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Btw I've noticed some people struggling with sculpting curves. Especially when you're looking for realistic, uniform, etc. Just some advice... in graphic design and most other art disciplines I've been exposed to, we "cheat" all the time with aids/assists. Drawing guidelines to help with perspective, lightly blocking out major shapes for proportion before drawing, and in the case of curves there's a special tool that helps you draw those perfectly by hand. Anyway, there's a lot of geometry in dreams you could use as a placeholder assist to guide your sculpt and just delete after. Like say you wanted to make a thin, but perfectly round bowl. You could paint over the bottom half of a sphere and then delete the sphere, leaving just the perfect bowl shape, super thin if you wanted even. There are a lot of ways you could do it tbh, but the point is it's powerful to use temporary guides... you don't have to freehand it, which it appears people are trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.