• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017

The Hill's Krystal and Saagar outline everything we know about Trump's voter fraud allegations. This includes the legitimacy of the allegations as well as what is absolutely incorrect.

Spoiler Alert: there is far more evidence towards little to no fraud than there is towards fraud.

Strandr

Oct 12, 2019
Even if it is a little bit of something, if he thinks they're going to somehow find 14k incorrect votes in Georgia is a laughing stock. It's not about winning though at this point, it's about teaching his cult that "either you're correct, or you were cheated and I'm always correct so listen to me"

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm I'd be careful about these two, Krystal poses as a "liberal" in the equation but just constantly carries water for the right while mocking the left.

Oct 25, 2017
Legal Eagle did a great video on this for people who need reassurance that it's all bunk
And more importantly that what they're saying in court, where there are consequences, is very different from what they're saying on Twitter

Oct 26, 2017
They beat me to it, I've actually been compiling a list of evidence that's even remotely credible that supports their election fraud allegations.
(blank)

Oct 27, 2017
All i know is this

www.youtube.com

People Prank Calling Trump's 'Voter Fraud' Hotline | NowThis

People are prank calling the Trump campaign’s ‘voter fraud’ hotline.» Subscribe to NowThis: http://go.nowth.is/News_Subscribe» Sign up for our newsletter Kno...

I almost feel bad for the people staffing that nonsensical tip hotline, if only because everyone actually answering the calls must've known it was a terrible idea from the get-go and that there'd be tons of prank calls.

OP
OP
Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
Hmm I'd be careful about these two, Krystal poses as a "liberal" in the equation but just constantly carries water for the right while mocking the left.
Yea, I noticed she made a comment in the video along the lines of "never trust the media!"

Either way, it's reassuring to see fairly conservative news pundits not cowtow to Trump and his ridiculous conspiracy theories.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
I peak in on this show every so often to hate watch their takes to see what the hell they're going on about now, but I absolutely wouldn't look for them for real analysis. Krystal in particular is a useful tool for right wingers and "both siders". I remember when the protests were happening, and Trump deployed the military, she acted shocked and said she was finally considering voting for Biden..

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Trump and Rudy will get to the bottom of this

giphy.gif

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yea, I noticed she made a comment in the video along the lines of "never trust the media!"

Either way, it's reassuring to see fairly conservative news pundits not cowtow to Trump and his ridiculous conspiracy theories.

From what I've seen of these two they're totally doing the "both sides are bad!" deal but never actually criticize the right as much as they do the left.

Example Krystal Ball comparing the Russian investigation (which resulted in legitimate arrests and did happen) with Trump's baseless cries of mass voter fraud. And that liberals being concerned about Trump's attempts at coup arent worth taking seriously...her argument being that Trump is ineffectual, so we shouldn't be worried about his attempts at a coup.

Basically she's probably gonna pivot hard to "disaffected liberal" any day now.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
All, he will have, at best, is a few accounts of individual bad actors in each state that tried some funny business with some votes, and maybe a handful of "human error" things that happened with the counts. The thing with these is:

1. You will find examples of this helping both Biden AND Trump. (but of course Trumps people won't be talking about the ones that benefitted him, but surely Biden's lawyers could dig up plenty, just like Donald's did.

2. The percentage of these bad votes to actual legit votes will be ridiculously small, so if you spent an insane amount of time, money, manpower, to ID them and threw them all out, they would still make no meaningful impact in the election.

and most importantly

3. These are all isolated incidents and would not be contributable towards or prove any sort of wide ranging, systemic, countrywide conspiracy to sway the election and cause mass piles of the vote (ie the mail in vote as a whole) to be discarded, and the decisions handed over to the courts or the legislature (ultimately Donald's hope here, but will never happen)

Remember, the election is conducted by the individual states who generally allow each individual county within to run their own show in counting votes. This existence of literally hundreds of entities doing their own counts purposely avoids any sort of large scale fraud that could happen.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
I almost feel bad for the people staffing that nonsensical tip hotline, if only because everyone actually answering the calls must've known it was a terrible idea from the get-go and that there'd be tons of prank calls.

Who's answering:

Meanwhile, many campaign staffers have been left in limbo regarding their employment status past the end of this week when contracts are set to expire, while they man a "voter fraud" hotline for hours a day getting bombarded with prank phone calls. Staffers have been told if they come into the office they need to answer calls or go home, sources said.

"We are spending our final days answering prank calls and don't know if we will have jobs by next week," one campaign aide said.
abcnews.go.com

Trump won't back down from legal war as money woes and infighting rage: Sources

President Trump's post-election efforts have run into some of the same problems that plagued him down the final stretch of the campaign: Money woes and mismanagement.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
We really shouldn't spread Krystal Ball, to be honest, their show literally exists to pretend it shows a liberal and conservative view to issues, but Krystal is clearly a grifter that only tenuously represents leftist views. She has no teeth and the result is the show is basically validation to Republicans that they're right.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
We really shouldn't spread Krystal Ball, to be honest, their site literally exists to pretend it shows a liberal and conservative view to issues, but Krystal is clearly a grifter that only tenuously represents leftist views. She has no teeth and the result is the show is basically validation to Republicans that they're right.
Case in point, I just actually watched the video and she is blaming the media for people being scared of a coup lol. Calls them irresponsible for quoting Pompeo. It's the "liberal media!"'s fault that we're talking about a coup right now, not the administration she admits is trying but failing to perform a coup.

Last edited:

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even need to watch the video to know that there is no evidence. There's a reason he's lost virtually every lawsuit he's filed into voting fraud. It's all bullshit to feed his base.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Case in point, I just actually watched the video and she is blaming the media for being being scared of a coup lol. Calls them irresponsible for quoting Pompeo. It's the "liberal media!"'s fault that we're talking about a coup right now, not the administration she admits is trying but failing to perform a coup.

"From Trump's GSA barring Biden transition officials from federal buildings to Whoopi Goldberg telling his voters to suck it up, both sides are playing the politics of payback"

This isn't her quote but that's pretty much the type of stuff she says.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
I like how one of the things they point to is how mail-in voting exploded on the dem side. You know WHY 10x the voters mailed their ballot in this year, right?

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
it's around the 1:20:30 mark for that part about 20 feet of distance, saw that live.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
All this stuff is not to find or conclude anything, it is just to maintain the idea that the election results are not yet valid. The longer it lasts, the more it is accepted that "something was wrong", and it becomes no longer about Trump not accepting the results but about an endless debate of why the results are not actually valid, securing the idea that the election will never be decisive, that it is a legal debate with no end, and snatching any win they can make along the way that could favor Republicans in the senate races later.