• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017
edit: Wait I just remembered there is a scene in this movie where Michelle Yeoh desperately tries to prevent a man from slamming a butt plug into ass. Maybe this is the best movie of all time????

Not just any man... that is Andy Le, from the Martial Club! He also played Death Dealer in Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings!

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
Opening this weekend near me. Took long enough. Have tickets for Saturday. I haven't watched a trailer or read a review yet, but I'm pumped!

OP
OP
ContractHolder

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
every studio has shrunk the time to streaming/bluray. i'd bet ~45 days even if it's rental only at first.

We're talking about to Showtime, not the VoD. There's a difference.

A24 doesn't own Showtime, so they're not going to rush putting it on there like the distributors that have streaming services. Not unless Paramount/Showtime pay for it to go faster. But that would require a new contract that impacts future movies

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
The hell?

mashable.com

How a one-hit wonder became absolutely crucial to 'Everything Everywhere All At Once'

Hear the exclusive covers that set the mood for multiverse madness.

It's like the song's made for this film.
Really appreciate them showing the immigrant experience pretty authentically.

Also Ke Huy Quan needs to be in martial arts films NOW. He has that Jackie Chan swagger and apparently he does have a martial arts background.

Really appreciate them showing the immigrant experience pretty authentically.

Also Ke Huy Quan needs to be in martial arts films NOW. He has that Jackie Chan swagger and apparently he does have a martial arts background.
I found out he was Short Round and one of the kids from The Goonies and was completely floored.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
This movie was just WOW.

I don't want to be spoilery so I'll just say I was ready for craziness and it came, early, and just escalated from there. And also was heartwarming at the same time.

Also didn't know Jamie Lee Curtis was in this and when she first appears I was all like "is that Jamie Lee Curtis?!"

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
If this film doesn't get nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars next year I'm going to cry.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Saw this earlier today. Easily the best movie I've seen this year. Real rollercoaster of emotion that really blew me away.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Just got out of the theater. There's no way any other film tops this, right? That was the hardest I've ever laughed at the movies.

BTM

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man what a roller coaster. Not often a movie will leave me speechless and just thinking wow.

Grazzt

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
What a brilliant movie, very original and creative. Michelle Yeoh's performance is amazing.
If this movie doesn't get any Oscar nominations I'll riot

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember the last time I've laughed and cried so much watching a movie. Such an amazing film

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
This movie was just WOW.

I don't want to be spoilery so I'll just say I was ready for craziness and it came, early, and just escalated from there. And also was heartwarming at the same time.

Also didn't know Jamie Lee Curtis was in this and when she first appears I was all like "is that Jamie Lee Curtis?!"
That was me the entire film. "I know that's Jamie Lee Curtis but something is off…that's her, right???!?!!!"

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
There was an interview where the producers mentioned how they were seeing some other forms of media already doing a bit of their idea. They basically stopped watching Rick and Morty after season 2, and I'm so glad they did that. The two shows may deal with the Multiverse, but approach it in completely different ways. The payoff for this movie would have probably been tainted if they leaned too much into the show.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017

Martial Club, the choreography team behind the action (and multiple performers in the film) through up a behind the scenes on the action stuff, and it's super lovely.

You can see how emotional they are getting to work with a childhood hero like Michelle.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Absolute instant classic that I feel will find an audience and be talked about for a long time. This movie is insane in all the right ways. I can't remember the last time I laughed so much, I had tears from that and then later was almost in tears from the emotion. It covers so much ground and these actors have to use so much range and they all KILL IT. This movie! Go see it!

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was finally able to watch this, my review:

NUi45Kl.jpg

Instant classic, and easily my movie of the year hands-down, ain't nothing topping this

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
I just watched this movie. Incredible wouldn't even begin to describe it. I never knew the concepts of the multiverse, family drama, martial arts, existential dread, sex toys and cosmic bagels could lead to one of the most heart wrenching, awe-inspiring, funny, and just out-right insane movie experiences I've EVER had.

Absolutely everyone in this movie brought their S-tier game. I whole-heartedly recommend everyone go see this movie. I can completely understand this movie being too much, and/or too dense, for many movie goers, but it deserves to be seen.

Last edited:

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. That was something else. It grabs you from the start and does not let go. So much going on it was a rollercoaster. Great fight scenes, great acting all around and hilarious at times. We both fucking loved it

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw it again, I'm getting rid of my criticism that the end of the movie is too long, it's so necessary and the pacing is fantastic. I give it a full 10/10

Sep 7, 2018
Does this movie not have IMAX or Dolby showings? I looked it up today and could'nt find any for Tuesday, but I thought I remember seeing some last week.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
There's only 1 cinema where I live and they aren't showing this, it's not even listed on their website as a movie that exists.
Sucks, really want to see it but I'd have to go to another country lmao, well I'll wait for digital.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just jealous of you guys who have seen the movie :(

YOUR TIME IS COMING BUDDY

There's only 1 cinema where I live and they aren't showing this, it's not even listed on their website as a movie that exists.
Sucks, really want to see it but I'd have to go to another country lmao, well I'll wait for digital.

Do yourself a favor and get the most immersive setup you can when you eventually get to watch this. Convince whichever friend has the best av room or whatever. Do it. Trust me.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I also loved that cheeky meta nod of
Evelyn cycling through all the different universes, where one of them is her at the premiere for Crazy Rich Asians

I don't know if there was more stuff like that, but I noticed that at least

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw it after being extremely excited to, and didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I'd hoped. Sometimes that just happens, and it bums me out. Still glad I went.

Silver linings? Michelle Yeoh is wonderful - the whole cast is, really - and that $25 million budget looks like $100 million.

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw it after being extremely excited to, and didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I'd hoped. Sometimes that just happens, and it bums me out. Still glad I went.

Silver linings? Michelle Yeoh is wonderful - the whole cast is, really - and that $25 million budget looks like $100 million.
Damn, I'm sorry. I wish you did!

This is why I don't like overhyping movies for my friends. We end up creating this ideal in our head, and if anything falls short, the movie immediately runs the danger of entering the disappointment zone.

But yea, the performances in this movie are showstoppers, for sure

May 24, 2019
I also loved that cheeky meta nod of
Evelyn cycling through all the different universes, where one of them is her at the premiere for Crazy Rich Asians

I don't know if there was more stuff like that, but I noticed that at least
Using real footage was probably mostly a way to keep the movie star part more cost effective.

ProfessorLv10

One Winged Slayer
May 27, 2019
Hi, quick question! My partner and I are very interested in seeing this. I just want to ask on her behalf if there can be anything triggering in the movie? Regarding to
Sexual assault

Oct 29, 2017
Hi, quick question! My partner and I are very interested in seeing this. I just want to ask on her behalf if there can be anything triggering in the movie? Regarding to
Sexual assault
Not… really?

There's jokes with
sex toys
. And desperately trying to prevent someone from using them on themselves (not others).

There's also a brief sequence in the middle involving a
hidden bondage room
, culminating in a quick gag near the end sequence.

Other than that, it's a completely non-sexual movie.