• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017
I live in Ohio and I keep on hearing of a lot of open appointments. I keep on telling people in a month or two, it's going to be a demand and not a supply problem. You're not going to have enough people who are willing to get the vaccine but have plenty of vaccine supply. Really going to suck when that happens.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
I live in Ohio and I keep on hearing of a lot of open appointments. I keep on telling people in a month or two, it's going to be a demand and not a supply problem. You're not going to have enough people who are willing to get the vaccine but have plenty of vaccine supply. Really going to suck when that happens.

yeah, rural areas in particular are just going to refuse the vaccine.

arstechnica.com

Many Republicans are refusing COVID vaccines. Experts are trying to change that

Straight facts and no politics are what's needed to increase vaccination.

My SO's mom lives right across the border on the KY side and is in this group. My SO's little brother, just turned 18, is wanting to come visit when we are both vaccinated and when she told him this, her mother forbade her legally of age brother from ever getting the vaccine. Crazy because when Trump was in office, she was gung-ho over Hydroxychloroquine and vaccine development. Wonder what changed /s

Cybit

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile I'm still 5 week away from eligibilty in Washington with a heart condition. The disparity in distribution between states is staggering.

Hah! No Shit.

Same. Washington's attempt to try to make everyone happy / listening to feuding academics is going to get a bunch of people sick / killed.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Good for OH! Now why can't my 76 year old mom in NY state get a vaccine appointment until fucking may? She's not in the city.

My grandmother is almost 86 and she's been eligible in NJ for a vaccine since January and she just got her first dose like a week ago. It was so frustrating trying to get her an appointment. Hell she probably still wouldn't have her first dose if she didn't talk to someone who got her in somewhere.

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
Lmao people at my work already ranting about how they refuse to take it
I heard some of this today at work. Guess that isn't really unexpected living in a district that keeps voting for Gym Jordan. These morons around here aren't happy unless they are actively trying to sabotage their own well being.

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
I just checked and Ohio still hasn't included grocery store workers or restaurant workers as eligible yet either. WTF.

I work in a grocery store in Ohio and from my experience the majority don't want them. I am the only person in my department that wants to get it. They ones that are actively wanting and fighting for it were/are on a wait list for any appointment that gets canceled we get called so it's not wasted. One pharmacist I talked to said there are certain people that actively tried to make appointments everywhere and the first chance they get one they cancel all the other ones. Leaving empty spots that need to be filled quickly. That's how I got mine last week. Really messed up.

Boondocks

Nov 30, 2020
NE Georgia USA
Georgia has "Kemp-itis". I got my two doses.

ATLANTA - Health experts say Georgia's failure to open mass vaccination sites earlier and relatively slow expansion of eligibility for the shots are to blame in part for the state's dismal COVID-19 inoculation rate.

According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Georgia ranks last among states in the percentage of its adult population that has received at least one dose.
Ahead of a visit to Augusta today for a roundtable at AU Health, Gov. Brian Kemp disputes those numbers, though.

www.wrdw.com

Georgia has lowest vaccination rate — and experts say it has itself to blame

The CDC says Georgia ranks last in percentage adults getting at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, although Gov. Brian Kemp disputes that.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
I work in a grocery store in Ohio and from my experience the majority don't want them. I am the only person in my department that wants to get it. They ones that are actively wanting and fighting for it were/are on a wait list for any appointment that gets canceled we get called so it's not wasted. One pharmacist I talked to said there are certain people that actively tried to make appointments everywhere and the first chance they get one they cancel all the other ones. Leaving empty spots that need to be filled quickly. That's how I got mine last week. Really messed up.

are you in a more rural county? pretty much everyone in my office, even the ones that were gung-ho about reopening and anti-masking, seem to already be trying to get the vaccine-- i'm in Columbus BTW

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up if you are in Cincinnati, ArmorVax has a fuck ton of appointments for this age group!!

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017

It is a shame how us grocery workers and restaurant workers were not deemed essential for the vaccine yet were during the pandemic and received no hazard pay while having to deal with the general public daily here in Ohio and I would guess is the case in many other states.

Also a good majority of people I work with, who openly talk about it, have received their vaccines.

Last edited:

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Man, despite Biden's issues, that man is getting shit done along with the manufacturers. With Trump, I feel like this dude would use the vaccines as leverage and have states bid for them like he did with the PPE. Fuck him.

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
Look at DeWine trying to climb back off my shit-list with competent, aggressive vaccine distribution.

Also, got my first shot yesterday at the mass vaccination center nearby. It's the first time in a year I've felt genuinely hopeful I'll get to return to normal at some point. Such a massive change is my mood with such a little shot.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
If you are in columbus children's hospital has some open slots for next week. I just scheduled mine

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Just got mine scheduled for April 1st!!!! 33 here.

I'm seriously so excited, lol.

The app "ArmorVax" was immensely helpful in getting scheduled. You can get scheduled with no questions asked. Also there were tons of openings so schedule away my fellow, Ohioans.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017

The app "ArmorVax" was immensely helpful in getting scheduled. You can get scheduled with no questions asked. Also there were tons of openings so schedule away my fellow, Ohioans.
Yup everyone in OH needs ArmorVax imho

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
I got my first shot yesterday (Pfizer, no side effects except for a sore arm). I scheduled my first appointment via the Armorvax website. They scheduled me for second appointment on-site after getting first shot.
Went pretty smooth:
Wait in short line to verify paperwork
Wait in short line to get shot
Sit in waiting area for 15 minutes to make sure no allergic reaction
Wait in short line to make second appointment

ohabs

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati

Thank you so much for posting about ArmorVax. I've never heard about it before but my husband and I registered and are now scheduled for our first shots on Sunday.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Same. Washington's attempt to try to make everyone happy / listening to feuding academics is going to get a bunch of people sick / killed.

I don't think it's been listening to academics for weeks now. Our current phase was dressed as around equity but really it is just a who's who list of the most powerful business sectors and public sector labor unions lobbying the department of health to get ahead in line.

But it's the breakneck rush to open up while cases are spiraling up in Western WA that's the most enraging thing. They are just basically leaving 16+ w/ comorbidities and anyone 40-60 to just stew in the B 1.1.7 that the young people are going to spread around like wildlife.

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Got a J&J vaccine scheduled for the 1st through ArmorVax at the former Dillard's at the mall. Super easy!

Nothing screams Ohio more than figuring out what to do with that old Dillard's at the mall! Glad you got it!

Thank you so much for posting about ArmorVax. I've never heard about it before but my husband and I registered and are now scheduled for our first shots on Sunday.

No problem! Yeah I had the same experience when someone told me about it. I was like....why in the world is this not being shared more widely?

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting my first shot Monday at the Wolstein center, downtown Cleveland. Still doesn't feel real. Really looking forward to it and hopefully seeing some friends and family this summer. Been a tough year.

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
No problem! Yeah I had the same experience when someone told me about it. I was like....why in the world is this not being shared more widely?

Our local news station (WHIO) put up a list of places to get vaccines and I tried like 3 before I hit on the ArmorVax which scheduled me at the mass vaccination site. There are lots of other ways to get appointments (my mother in law got hers at Discount Drug Mart) but it seems they have much lower capacities. Link below to the list of Miami Valley locations:

www.whio.com

Miami Valley vaccines: Johnson & Johnson vaccinations resume in Montgomery County this week

All Ohioans age 16 and older will be eligible to get the coronavirus vaccines on March 29. COVID-19 vaccinations in Phase 1C, 1D and Phase 2, 2B are now in effect.

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
I'm already scheduled for my first dose on the 31st. My wife is basically on a one-woman mission to find appointments for everyone she knows.

Reszo

Oct 31, 2017
Scheduled mine for Monday at Wolstein Center!!
Was checking the site everyday for it to update the eligibility.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
Scheduled mine for TUesday at Kent State!!!

Not sure what chain you work at, I also work in the grocery world. Im still incredibly annoyed essential workers were not given any kind of priority.

In terms of people getting it, everyone I talk to across multiple stores is telling me they are getting it. I wish our company would incentivize, but it doesn't seem we've gotten feedback that people won't be getting it in large amounts.

Last edited:

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
got one tuesday in columbus, giant eagle's been updating fairly regularly with appointments as they become available (and there's a bunch of locations)