• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JohnnyJoestar

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
This whole villager meat market shit is so wild to me. I saw people on twitter selling bootlegs amiibo cards at a stupidly high markup. Do people not know blank NFC tags are like 50 cents each?
I already got bootleg Marshal and Ankha cards I made for my own island, maybe I should get in on this grift while it's still hot.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
lol, I got this guy as my mandatory campsite traveler

EWTS0vAUEAAC6-3
My mando rando was Marshal, and just after getting Audie in my second wave lol. It's only the best luck.

I hoped to get Raymond, Judy, and Reneigh out of the new ones. Reneigh was one of my starting villagers and is awesome, but I've given up hope on Raymond or Judy.

Maybe this gives me hope on getting Pietro someday though. šŸ˜­

Reneigh is a doll and I love her but between her and my porcelain goddess Tia, I'd pick Tia any day of the week.

Cromat

Mar 17, 2019
I got Audie on my first island and honestly I couldn't care less but it is fun to know that she's sought after.

LutraLibre

Nov 1, 2017
Judy is popular? She's my least favourite villager. She just moved into a vacant spot before I knew that could happen. I've warmed up to her, but bears just keep moving in...

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Really happy with my current villagers. Don't think I will be changing them anytime soon:

-Apollo
-Cherry
-Marshal
-Raymond
-Lolly
-Stitches
-Ankha
-Judy
-Dom
-Audie

Tempted to switch Stitches to Sherb cos of all the praise but Stitches is so cute and Sherb's design is kind of meh to me.

Aaronmac

Nov 12, 2017
I have Marina in my village and I'm definitely gonna sell her off, don't care for her much honestly XD

This stuff is honestly hilarious. Dunno if I want bells or nook miles tickets though, I'll have to decide!

hydruxo

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
I found Roald last week on a Nook Miles Island and invited him primarily because of all the great memes I've seen of him

k3srk40hf1t41.jpg

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
My little brother ended up booting Opal (a villager I explicitly said was off-limits) to get Scoot, though he later mentioned that he was trying to get rid of Flip. Now I have to go on Nookazon to get Opal back in exchange for Flip.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
If everyone goes after the "top-tier" villagers then eventually everyone's islands will have the exact same set of animals on them. Pretty lame if you ask me.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
I have a question, If an amiibo villager leaves your town, can u invite it again to your campsite with the amiibo card?

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
Heh, Sherb was one of my originals when starting up the game. Had no idea they were so popular.

And ironically that fox villager at #2 was just in my camp a few days ago. lol

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
This whole villager meat market shit is so wild to me. I saw people on twitter selling bootlegs amiibo cards at a stupidly high markup. Do people not know blank NFC tags are like 50 cents each?
I already got bootleg Marshal and Ankha cards I made for my own island, maybe I should get in on this grift while it's still hot.

That's just it, the new villagers don't have cards. Like Raymond. So if you're dead-set on this dude you either play the Nook Mile Ticket lotto over and over or "buy" from someone. I'd never care enough to do it, I like my town to be more organically populated, but considering it's one of the few things on the island that you can't perfectly customize by yourself it makes sense that a bizarre secondary market would form around it.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
The only top-tier villager I lucked into was Merengue, who I ran into on an island after Alfonso left. The wifey wants more bird villagers on our island tho, so I doubt I'll be prioritizing by popularity anytime soon.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Sigh... I don't have any "high-tier" villagers nor do I care to have them. Every villager is cool to me, and it makes me feel bad in a way when people don't like their "trash" villagers, which is a sentiment I've seen a lot of.

Ramsiege

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wait. People like Raymond? He showed up at my campsite and now lives on my island, but there's been nothing interesting about him.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, Merengue is popular? She's only just joined, but she was helping out straight away, and she has a cool house.
I don't know why Admiral is so low though. He spends all day and night watering my flowers most days.

Beanman25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have Julian who seemed top ish. But I honestly can't let go of any of mine lol. Poncho, Shari, Nate, Annalisa, Julian, Rattle, Claudia, Savannah, Bubbles. Dats my crew!

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Lol I have Raymond and Diana and some others that might be popular or not (no idea)
How rich I am now?

Oct 25, 2017
Wish I knew this 2 days ago when I let Marina leave. I couldn't stand her but to each their own. Still have Diana though lol

Deleted member 30395

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I got Raymond in my campsite and almost asked him to leave, ha... Now wondering if I should somehow leverage this opportunity

cinch

Chicken Chaser
Feb 17, 2019
I got Raymond after about 30 island tour trips (he and Audie were the only two new villagers I wanted; still haven't found Audie). I love cats in general (real life and in AC). My SO didn't understand my obsession but after he interacted with him and watched him (he plays too), he was like, "I can see it now, Raymond is cool". He's like a cross between Stewie Griffin and Grumpy Cat.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
My besties Scoot and Peanut are apperently low tier lol

The only popular one I have is Julian, but I won't let him leave since I headcanon him and Roscoe as a couple now.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
He's no Cranston, though. I would give my life for him.

Edit- Someone posted this in the OT yesterday, perfect representation of what the OP is talking about.

There is no way this is real right?

How many active people are on that channel, 500k?

Sigh... I don't have any "high-tier" villagers nor do I care to have them. Every villager is cool to me, and it makes me feel bad in a way when people don't like their "trash" villagers, which is a sentiment I've seen a lot of.

Same. I straddle that line of, people can play games however they want, that's the beauty of it. And the, what the fuck is going on, just chill out. So many people time-traveling, money glitching, trying to get the best villagers ect. the game just doesn't seem deep enough for this sort of attitude haha.

The game breaks down incredibly fast as soon as you have any type of pressure or want to do something specific.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
My besties Scoot and Peanut are apperently low tier lol

The only popular one I have is Julian, but I won't let him leave since I headcanon him and Roscoe as a couple now.
Surprised about Peanut being low, I remember her being really popular in the past. I guess it's from some newer squirrles and others getting more popular. I like peanut and poppy and static all more than marshall.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Surprised about Peanut being low, I remember her being really popular in the past. I guess it's from some newer squirrles and others getting more popular. I like peanut and poppy and static all more than marshall.
Yeah I was surprised too, she's funny and has a traditionally cute design. She's one of my OG villagers from the GameCube version so I was really happy when I got her.