• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

The team here at Japan Studio is thrilled to announce that from today, PS VR owners can grab a free playable demo of Everybody's Golf VR from PlayStation Store!

The demo lets you play in the full game's practice area, as well as enjoying the scenery from the Forest Course's teeing ground.

To help you get into the swing of things in the demo, we'd like to talk a little about the game's all-new shot system. In Everybody's Golf VR, the shot system is as simple as swinging the controller like a golf club. Though it's simple enough for anyone to enjoy, it also has a lot of depth…
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...-vr-demo-is-available-from-today/#sf212327503

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Could be fun. I just bought Everybody's Golf and have been really enjoying it! Scratches an itch for good golf games that I've been feeling for years. Can't believe the golf game market is so dry these days.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Great news. I haven't pre-ordered since I'm curious about how well this will work in my too-small-for-golf living room and how much precision is required from the Moves. Wouldn't have bought it without a demo but now we'll see.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Not really into Golf games, but things can change quickly in VR. Will definitely try it out later.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I'll give it a shot (no pun intended).

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Awesome sauce! Thanks for staying on top of the good shit Loudninja. I'd miss a lot of this stuff if you weren't so studious with your threads.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I tried this on the PS3 with just the Move controllers. It was pretty fun so I expect this to be a lot better. Can't remember if the Move controllers have haptic feedback but that is one area Sony needs to do, come out with new controllers.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ooh gonna download now.
... and then have to wait until after work to try it, lol

Oct 27, 2017
Southend on Sea, UK
Cool. I was definitely picking this up, as Everybody's Golf is like pure joy distilled into video game form.

Fingers crossed it doesn't disappoint. It's up on the UK store, so here we go.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Clap Hands continues proving they make the best golf games on the market. They now have open world walkable driveable courses and a full VR with motion controls. Their physics engine is very accurate and fun and their course designers are amazing.

I think the thing that holds them back are the characters. They have had that SD style since the beginning. It's always different characters too so there isn't really a mascot. This latest game has a character creator which is nice but now they all just sort of blend together. EA games have real golfers. Mario Golf has Mario characters. I think they need to go one of those directions. Make Playstation Golf with Sony characters or pay up for the PGA license. The latter option is now extremely interesting because they could deliver virtual tourism with their engine. You could walk and explore Agusta or Pebble Beach in VR. Sony does great with the MLB license and have basically dominated and I think its time they go big with Clap Hands.

Deleted member 9972

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow. I actually had to go back through all my overpriced golf lessons to remember how to make contact with the ball on a full swing. This is incredible.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Gah, I currently have a warranty ticket in with sony for repairs. It'll probably be a couple of weeks for this. Hope it's good.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Felt really cool but it's gutting not to let the player at least tee off on the course, I'm very tempted to buy.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
completed tutorial, went to the actual course

it won't let me hit the ball on the first tee?

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty dumb that it lets you load a course, but not actually hit the ball on it.
Anywho, it was somewhat fun, but I was definitely having difficulty with it registering my ball hits a few times. I'll check my camera angles again later.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
This is going to be the hardest Everybody's Golf ever. I find it really challenging.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Wait. You can't tee off? Does the game take the first shot automatically for you or something? Or does everyone just mean that the tutorial is all there is to the demo?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Played the demo and I didn't really like the feel of it. There's no feedback to it (do the Moves have Rumble? I've never thought about it before...) and I didn't really get any immersion. It just felt fairly awkward. Which, to be fair, is probably how I'd feel playing real golf.

oasis007

Oct 27, 2017
Played the demo and I didn't really like the feel of it. There's no feedback to it (do the Moves have Rumble? I've never thought about it before...) and I didn't really get any immersion. It just felt fairly awkward. Which, to be fair, is probably how I'd feel playing real golf.
Yes, the Moves rumble. Mine rumbles when I address the ball and tap the ground with my club, and when you actually hit the ball.

Ready2Rokk

Oct 29, 2017
Is it just me or is the "tablet" really blurry? I'm not sure you could use that to see anything. Maybe I need to pull it closer?

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
From my playing it, don't go expecting to swing like an actual golf club. It is very much like Wii Sports Golf where you will take a very short swing to get 100 percent power and keep the ball going straight.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
The mechanics feel nice, but not letting you even try the actual game part of the game in what is ostensibly a demo is weak.

kdoll08

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or is the "tablet" really blurry? I'm not sure you could use that to see anything. Maybe I need to pull it closer?
It's not just you the tablet view was very blurry, they should have just mirrored it on the big screen message. Also this was a very weird demo. Using the move controller worked better than the standard controller as expected but can I play at least 1 hole? What was the point?