• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
None of it matters when:
-The line wraps around the building and often out into roads
-Customers start getting aggressive and angry about the line (cutting, road rage, getting blocked in their spot because of the line, etc.)
-The total time from getting a spot in line to driving away with my food is easily double all other places I've been at their busiest times
-The food taste/quality is not worth it, especially at the prices they charge
-They lack the most basic customer service skills if there's anything wrong that needs to be addressed (gave you the wrong size fries? they ask you to give them back so they can charge you for the correct size, instead of just replacing it to avoid wasting your time since they screwed up, not you)

A friendly smile, catch phrase, and customer service theatrics just don't work on me. Sorry. I'm all about what the end results are, and CFA is not where I would want to go to get good results.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot believe this thread is allowed to continue and that people are allowed to post about how fucking orgasmic it is to eat chicken that they know will be used to fund people being treated like animals.

I know that the wages they pay people give people in my local community a job which is above minimum wage and allows people to pay their bills.

Oct 17, 2018
User banned (1 week): Dismissing concerns around homophobia
Imagine people unironically getting rid of friends because they eat at certain places. Genuinely pretty pathetic tbh.

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
My point is Era goes crazy anytime Chik Fli A is mentioned, like people who eat there are the worst people in the entire world. I was merely pointing out that even people who are LGBTQ+ eat there and as someone else stated, work there.
The app is legit great.

The local franchise here is owned by a prominent lesbian couple.

So LGBTQ+ folks even own CFAs.
People do and have been working against their own interests and the interests of others in their group for forever. That doesn't sanitize their actions. Just admit that you don't give af about chick-fil-a's anti-lgbtq stance and stop hiding behind other people and other excuses.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
I know that the wages they pay people give people in my local community a job which is above minimum wage and allows people to pay their bills.

I'm talking about big picture. I don't care that some gay people own these restaurants on a handful of occasions. Kanye West and Candace Owens are black, that doesn't mean republicans aren't the party of racism.

really gotta hand it to the homophobes, huh?

Please clap.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I've been to CFA once in my life and I don't understand the intense love for it by some people. Honestly the Popeyes Chicken Sandwich bodies theirs. CFA is good but not great for fast food.

At least around here, it's an even longer wait than CFA to get a Popeye's Chicken Sandwich. Talk about incomprehensibly intense love for a fast food item.

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
They have incredible customer service. But I got to fast foods for fast food. Thankfully Popeye's has their own chicken sandwich, now I can go get that delicious chicken sandwich with one of the worst customer service in the industry, 7 days a week.

Verano

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
efficient? have you seen how backed up they drives thrus be? Im guessing you've been to a few where its not as busy but most of the ones in SoCal fare far worse than Mc donalds drive thru...In N Out is a bit better cuz they tend to be ergonomically placed in big parking lots so if theres a line, just park, and go inside to order

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
-They lack the most basic customer service skills if there's anything wrong that needs to be addressed (gave you the wrong size fries? they ask you to give them back so they can charge you for the correct size, instead of just replacing it to avoid wasting your time since they screwed up, not you)

All it takes is looking at one of those "how to get free food at ___" videos to understand why they do this. And alot of what you re complaining about seems to be a problem with your area. I've personally never had a long wait in line there(and the lines are always huge) but I don't frequent it as much as some people.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
efficient? have you seen how backed up they drives thrus be? Im guessing you've been to a few where its not as busy but most of the ones in SoCal fare far worse than Mc donalds drive thru...In N Out is a bit better cuz they tend to be ergonomically placed in big parking lots so if theres a line, just park, and go inside to order

I don't think I've been to an In n Out in the LA area that has a great parking situation.

Jul 26, 2018
Not gonna lie Iove their dam chicken sandwiches.. so delicious. Never had any problems with their drive thru.

In n out is good, yet one time, I had to wait nearly 20 mins for my food in the drive thru... yikes.... they were understaffed and wished I could've helped them since i'm a linecook myself hah.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To all the anti-chick fil a people here, I have a legitimate, totally serious question I want to ask.

What do you think of people who are LGBTQ, that still eat at Chick Fil A? Ranging from every now and then to every week. Do they get a pass? Are they traitors?

I'm honestly curious because just from my anecdotal life experiences I know more gay people who like Chick Fil A vs those 100% against eating there. I have no idea what the actual distribution would be. I had one friend tell me he thought it was hypocritical for some people to be so against chick fil a and anyone who eats there to turn a blind eye toward the many human rights abuses involved in making other products they consume.

Jul 26, 2018
You haven't seen my local in n out..

if the drive thru is long and is right in front of your parked car, you will never leave the property hahaha

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
To all the anti-chick fil a people here, I have a legitimate, totally serious question I want to ask.

What do you think of people who are LGBTQ, that still eat at Chick Fil A? Ranging from every now and then to every week. Do they get a pass? Are they traitors?

I'm honestly curious because just from my anecdotal life experiences I know more gay people who like Chick Fil A vs those 100% against eating there. I have no idea what the actual distribution would be. I had one friend tell me he thought it was hypocritical for some people to be so against chick fil a and anyone who eats there to turn a blind eye toward the many human rights abuses involved in making other products they consume.

gettyimages-1051893134.jpg

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
All it takes is looking at one of those "how to get free food at ___" videos to understand why they do this. And alot of what you re complaining about seems to be a problem with your area. I've personally never had a long wait in line there(and the lines are always huge) but I don't frequent it as much as some people.

All over TX and Florida. I'd hardly call that "just my area".

I also forgot to mention that the majority of the time I've gone at night when it isn't busy the service take a huge nosedive and they don't really seem to give a shit about what they're doing? I'm talking cold food, messed up orders, not giving any napkins or ketchup and acting inconvenienced when I ask for them.

It's like they take the people at the bottom of their roster and put them on night shifts instead of working out plans to improve them. I understand the concept of "lunch and dinner times are fast and furious so lets put our A team on those" but I haven't noticed such a drastic shift in CS quality at other fast food places.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine people unironically getting rid of friends because they eat at certain places. Genuinely pretty pathetic tbh.
Imagine people not respecting their LGBTQ+ friends and family and eating somewhere that supported places that actively harmed them.

giphy.gif

There are gay republicans too.

Firefoxprime

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Here in Manhattan, everyone has that hustle mentallity. There's a Chik Fil A in Midtown, and everytime I walk in, there's only good vibes.

All kinds of craziness and hostility on these streets, but that little spot is a legit slice of Heaven.

Who's gonna pick a fight in a restaurant where the staff always treat you with respect and dignity?

Eh, the food is okay. Obviously the chicken is decent. Their fries suck.

The service is pretty incredible though.

You take that back! 😣

Last edited:

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
In-N-Out is the only other fast food chain that offers comparable service. I guess Wawa if we are counting convenience stores.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Setting aside the religious and anti-gay sentiment, do we really need people getting minimum wage to come out to our cars to take our orders because we don't want to wait at a window for a few minutes? Be happy you're getting a whole damn meal that you presumably wanted for a price you're comfortable with and don't have to cook it yourself, sometimes things are gonna be backed up and you'll have to wait, thems the breaks.

IBLiSTRiGGER

Jun 7, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Oof.

I mean I see your point but I have a tough time reconciling the idea that I have LBGTQ friends who are somehow traitors to their community. Seems unfair to them?

milo yiannopoulos.

obviously anyone who just eats at cfa isn't NEARLY as bad as that, but this happens all the time. some people just can't help being the harlequinn.

Setting aside the religious and anti-gay sentiment, do we really need people getting minimum wage to come out to our cars to take our orders because we don't want to wait at a window for a few minutes?

yeah this makes me feel weird. like, okay, cool, i guess, it's more convenient-- but i feel terrible for the poor slave wage workers who have to run around outside, possibly in the baking sun, or freezing cold, to make things more 'convenient' for consumers. do they at least get a raise for this?

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
All over TX and Florida. I'd hardly call that "just my area".

I also forgot to mention that the majority of the time I've gone at night when it isn't busy the service take a huge nosedive and they don't really seem to give a shit about what they're doing? I'm talking cold food, messed up orders, not giving any napkins or ketchup and acting inconvenienced when I ask for them.

It's like they take the people at the bottom of their roster and put them on night shifts instead of working out plans to improve them. I understand the concept of "lunch and dinner times are fast and furious so lets put our A team on those" but I haven't noticed such a drastic shift in CS quality at other fast food places.

I guess you are the most unlucky person in the world because I've never heard anybody complain about any of what you are complaining about.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I think you're vastly oversimplifying it. For example, there's a difference to seeing someone sitting there and casually eating Chik-Fil-A vs. someone who says "Eat more chicken" when their donations to hate groups come up. There's typically going to be a longer more offensive interaction that goes beyond someone just eating a Chik-Fil-A sandwich.

Deleted member 4452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not surprised in the least that there is always a 'my LGBT friends eat there too!' post in every CFA thread.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Ok this thread is not trying to advertise or tell people to "GOTO CHIK FIL A BECAUSE IT RULLLLLES!" It's about discussing what level of service they've reach that's far above most other fast food places, and why it hasn't been adopted by others in the industry. Or what would happen if they did. As a fast food junkie I REALLY wish other places would pick up on this shit.

There are plenty of other fast food places with fantastic service that don't actively contribute to the vilification and persecution of human beings. Go to Freddy's, or Raising Cane's, or In-n-Out, or Good Times.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Oof.

I mean I see your point but I have a tough time reconciling the idea that I have LBGTQ friends who are somehow traitors to their community. Seems unfair to them?

It's not unfair. Not buying chick-fil-a is the most bare minimum effort imaginable to not hurt queer people. It's a fucking fast food chicken sandwich. There are probably two other places that serve those less than a mile from 90% of their locations. There's nothing special about it.

I don't excommunicate people or lecture them for buying food there, but I understand why people do. It does sting to see such apathy, and expressions of apathy, especially from within the queer community itself.

loquaciousJenny

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really appreciate that they whip their employees into making me feel as good as possible, just kidding I've never eaten there and I never will. Don't fool yourselves into thinking service employees enjoys their jobs just because they can muster a smile.

Big brother is always watching.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
the one thing I'll never get about this forum is how black and white people see things.

i'm an irredeemable piece of shit because I eat a sandwich? lol okay. Guess the hundreds of community service hours I've put in within the last year have all been scraped away because I decided to stop by the nearest fast food joint. Unless you live off the grid (and thus shouldn't even be posting here) there's like a 90% chance you do business with a company involved in shit practices.

Goldman Sachs
JPMorgan Chase
ExxonMobile
DuPont
Bayer
Microsoft
Google
Facebook
Amazon
Walmart

McDonalds
Apple
Nestle

if you own any products or do any type of business with the above companies kindly see yourself at the gate for the 'hypocrite badge' you've been awarded. we meet every Tuesday.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never really noticed it being anything other than a typical fast food place, inside or out. Nothing better nothing worse. I've never been to one with giant drive-thru lines with people walking up to your car though, I haven't ever seen a line at the one by my place.

Oct 25, 2017
I've never been in one and never will be. I don't have major issues with other fast food places. In-N-Out does the same thing in the OP. So maybe places should learn from them instead.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Setting aside the religious and anti-gay sentiment, do we really need people getting minimum wage to come out to our cars to take our orders because we don't want to wait at a window for a few minutes? Be happy you're getting a whole damn meal that you presumably wanted for a price you're comfortable with and don't have to cook it yourself, sometimes things are gonna be backed up and you'll have to wait, thems the breaks.

I feel sometimes like this forum is where "The Good Place" writers get their "nobody gets into heaven" moral plot from.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Lol @ OP writing this "gotta hand it to the homophobic evangelicals, they really earn my business!"

i await the retraction

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the one thing I'll never get about this forum is how black and white people see things.

i'm an irredeemable piece of shit because I eat a sandwich? lol okay. Guess the hundreds of community service hours I've put in within the last year have all been scraped away because I decided to stop by the nearest fast food joint. Unless you live off the grid (and thus shouldn't even be posting here) there's like a 90% chance you do business with a company involved in shit practices.

Goldman Sachs
JPMorgan Chase
ExxonMobile
DuPont
Bayer
Microsoft
Google
Facebook
Amazon
Walmart

McDonalds
Apple
Nestle

if you own any products or do any type of business with the above companies kindly see yourself at the gate for the 'hypocrite badge' you've been awarded. we meet every Tuesday.
Oh good, a whataboutism.

Not eating at Chik Fil A is about the easiest thing you can do. You're actively supporting the torture of gay kids with each purchase.

Enjoy!

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017

Goldman Sachs
JPMorgan Chase
ExxonMobile
DuPont
Bayer
Microsoft
Google
Facebook
Amazon
Walmart

McDonalds
Apple
Nestle

It's about doing the best you can when you can, nobody expects everyone to be 100% "pure". It's different for someone to use a walmart because that's what's near them and what they can afford versus having your pick of what fast food place to eat.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
It's about doing the best you can when you can, nobody expects everyone to be 100% "pure". It's different for someone to use a walmart because that's what's near them and what they can afford versus having your pick of what fast food place to eat.

I'm not sure how you justify, say, someone buying an Apple product, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.