• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm aware of CFA's shitty donation practices and all that. Hopefully the news today actually turns out true of them getting away from that, but we'll see. I am not an avid supporter of them, but I do go to them from time to time. Mainly because of the reasons in this thread, because this thread is about the undeniable excellence of their service.

See a big ass McDonald's line? Kill myself. Generally will just avoid it. And if for some reason I'm in it anyway, I know almost certainly it will be miserable. See a big-ass CFA line? Hop right in. You're pretty much guaranteed to always get your food in a timely an accurate manner no matter how long the line is.

Particuliarly with their drive thrus, it's crazy how much of a well oiled machine they've gotten these things to be. They typically have "checkpoints" throughout the drive thru. Instead of just waiting to get to the speaker, they most of the time have people walking the drive thru line and taking orders with a tablet. Then you reach someone on a podium that has your receipt. Finally you get to the window and get your food.

Tablets.jpg

AR-190518621.jpg

Now I'm sure some of this is just placebo stuff to make it feel as though you're going faster because you're interacting in some way, but not only does it work, but their lines move so steadily regardless that combined with that you always feel as though you're in an out.

It's insane to me that more fast food have not invested basically in this exact same system. Like I get shit like McDonald's has way more locations, but investing in service like the way CFA does seems to just be a no-brainer in this industry. People go to fast food because they want their food fast. The more time they're not getting it, the more time they're thinking fuck it I shoulda just went somewhere else. I would go to many other places more regularly if I knew I could get CFA's near guaranteed fast efficient service every time. Which is probably good they don't for me as I already eat like shit, but still. Like how is this level of service not more of a thing.

enanogrande

Oct 30, 2017
Now I'm sure some of this is just placebo stuff to make it feel as though you're going faster because you're interacting in some way, but not only does it work, but their lines move so steadily regardless that combined with that you always feel as though you're in an out.
a

As a guy who works in the industry and drills this into every employee I speak with, this is it.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I just don't think there's a rush hour need for places like McDonalds to have this since there are so many of them and they don't have insane lines like Chik Fil A. And maybe it's just regional bias but I feel like In n' Out perfected this first.

I still avoid both if I need food in a hurry because none of their drive ways can accommodate the line of cars, even if the line moves fast.

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
Their service is undeniably the best in the fast food industry (as far as chains go). In high school, I was friends with a couple of people that worked there. They work around your schedule, the day off is nice, they're accommodating to what job you want to do, and the pay is better than the standard. They also work off a more efficient assembly line so no one is doing too much of the work. It's not a coincidence that CFA employees there seem to be overall happier than your typical fast food joint.

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
I don't go to Chick-fil-A because their lines are always ridiculously long. I haven't been in maybe 5 years? I have no idea when they changed to this new system but the lines are still ridiculously long and wrap around the building. It can be 3pm when there should be no rush and there's still a line that will probably take 30 minutes to get through. Such a waste of time.

MisterR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They for sure have the best service of any fast food place by far. They somehow even manage to find teenagers to work there who don't look like they probably just put pubic hair on your sandwich.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I'm aware of CFA's shitty donation practices and all that. Hopefully the news today actually turns out true of them getting away from that, but we'll see. I am not an avid supporter of them, but I do go to them from time to time. Mainly because of the reasons in this thread, because this thread is about the undeniable excellence of their service.

See a big ass McDonald's line? Kill myself. Generally will just avoid it. And if for some reason I'm in it anyway, I know almost certainly it will be miserable. See a big-ass CFA line? Hop right in. You're pretty much guaranteed to always get your food in a timely an accurate manner no matter how long the line is.

Particuliarly with their drive thrus, it's crazy how much of a well oiled machine they've gotten these things to be. They typically have "checkpoints" throughout the drive thru. Instead of just waiting to get to the speaker, they most of the time have people walking the drive thru line and taking orders with a tablet. Then you reach someone on a podium that has your receipt. Finally you get to the window and get your food.

Tablets.jpg

AR-190518621.jpg

It's insane to me that more fast food have not invested basically in this exact same system. Like I get shit like McDonald's has way more locations, but investing in service like the way CFA does seems to just be a no-brainer in this industry. People go to fast food because they want their food fast. The more time they're not getting it, the more time they're thinking fuck it I shoulda just went somewhere else. I would go to many other places more regularly if I knew I could get CFA's near guaranteed fast efficient service every time. Which is probably good they don't for me as I already eat like shit, but still. Like how is this level of service not more of a thing.
It helps that their menu is basic, and their food is basic as well. Their Chicken Sandwich is "pickles only", all their sauces are separate items the customer puts on, etc.
At a McDonalds, you are going to have someone ordering "Cheeseburger but no mustard or onions", "Chicken sandwich but swap the mayo for ketchup", which takes a lot longer for the employee to key into the computer, often takes longer for the customer to say cause they are trying to remember all the different things they want and runs the biggest risk of getting fucked up by the line crew rushing to make food as quickly as possible

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The service is great but I can't help but feel bad for those kids that they make stand out in 90 degree weather for hours on end; the one near me only recently gave them an umbrella to stand under (this is Florida btw)

May 10, 2018
That would be nice if other fast food places had the same quality of service but that won't happen.

CFA service is unmatched so I wasn't surprised that they were the top fast food place in the U.S.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Dutch Brothers does this as well.

Although it can break down a bit when the person driving just pulls up to the window, instead of waiting for their tablet turn.

Deleted member 25702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They do all that *because* they have lines around the block all the time. Jack in the Box isn't doing that because it's wildly inefficient if you aren't filling up two discrete drive-through lanes a dinnertime everyday.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nah I still actively avoid going to chick fil a due to it always being fucking full. The one I have back at my home that was next to my gym is the only one I went to regularly because on Friday nights it was still manageable but that's a rarity.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't eaten at Chik-Fil-A in a while, but I do agree that them and In-N-Out are pretty much unrivaled when it comes to their service, and the consistency of their food quality.

Deleted member 18502

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Outstanding service and food. Any business that can get their employees to stay pleasant, friendly, and polite at all times is impressive.

Midnight Jon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
service is great, and much like in-n-out the food is consistently average, which isn't enough for me to ignore the fact that giving them money leads to people like me being oppressed

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is this the 21st century version of "say what you will about Mussolini, but he runs the trains on time"

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
The service is great but I can't help but feel bad for those kids that they make stand out in 90 degree weather for hours on end; the one near me only recently gave them an umbrella to stand under (this is Florida btw)
I'm in Louisiana and I felt bad too so we asked one of the workers one day standing outside and she told us they rotate every 20 minutes and she pointed to a stash of bottled water. Made me feel better lol.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in Louisiana and I felt bad too so we asked one of the workers one day standing outside and she told us they rotate every 20 minutes and she pointed to a stash of bottled water. Made me feel better lol.

That's really good, I was expecting the worst to be completely honest. I hope they do that here too.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They do all that *because* they have lines around the block all the time. Jack in the Box isn't doing that because it's wildly inefficient if you aren't filling up two discrete drive-through lanes a dinnertime everyday.

I think part of the reason why their lines are so huge is BECAUSE their service is so great though. And people generally don't mind getting into a massive line with them because it's typically equal to about a 2-3 car line at McDonald's. That's what I'm saying. Like yeah I get that some places like Jack n the Box this might not work for, but if I place like Mcdonald's did it's guaranteed that you're gonna see much more steady customers imo

That would be nice if other fast food places had the same quality of service but that won't happen.

CFA service is unmatched so I wasn't surprised that they were the top fast food place in the U.S.

It's just so crazy to me that that it really seems like it won't though. These chain companies have more than enough revenue to attempt to jack this shit in some form.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Where do you live. A lot of our fast food restaurants here in Tampa have the same thing. Just saw it at polo tropical.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If their food wasnt so mediocre i would go there more. its the best fast food experience ive ever had. they have like 10 people working behind the counter at like 11AM on a random tuesday. i was like there is like no one here, why are you wasting money on so much staff.

every fast food joint should learn from them.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They recently opened one near me and for like the first few months they used the typical intercom system but then switched to people taking orders outside. What was the point of the intercoms then? The lines wernt that long btw and they still got people out there.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I think part of the reason why their lines are so huge is BECAUSE their service is so great though. And people generally don't mind getting into a massive line with them because it's typically equal to about a 2-3 car line at McDonald's. That's what I'm saying. Like yeah I get that some places like Jack n the Box this might not work for, but if I place like Mcdonald's did it's guaranteed that you're gonna see much more steady customers imo

That may be part of it, but it's also scarcity. The lines are so long because you can't just drive to the next nearest chik fil a in 3 minutes.

If Mcdonalds did this, I honestly don't think it would make a dent. There's no way they'd be able to get all franchises on board, and if the quality of the food was the same at all franchises I doubt many would go out of their way to go to the full service one just because of the service. McDonalds and most other fast food restaurants are more about price and speed. Except Carls Jr. (and Arbys), which is like ridiculously expensive and I have no idea why.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
That may be part of it, but it's also scarcity. The lines are so long because you can't just drive to the next nearest chik fil a in 3 minutes.

If Mcdonalds did this, I honestly don't think it would make a dent. There's no way they'd be able to get all franchises on board, and if the quality of the food was the same at all franchises I doubt many would go out of their way to go to the full service one just because of the service.
Right now, we're still trying to get McDonalds to just get the order right. Can't ask them to go faster and more efficient, it would be a disaster. We already sometimes don't even get the food WE ordered lol.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Yep

Customer service is done great at CFA

Burger King, McDonald's , whataburger , Taco Bell, Popeyes , KFC are all I went to and had horrible experiences

Been going to CFA more than before cause I love chicken.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
There is a CFA near me that I've never gotten a simple to-go order out the door in less than 15 minutes. This is very much a YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.