• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
A Vanity Fair video from last month, thought it was an interesting watch. There's been discussions on movie posters here in the past, but it's nice to hear an expert weigh in on things.

What I found most notable is that, while most MCU posters fall into the 'OK' to 'Good' range (with a few stand-outs) it's clear that none are terrible. For terrible, at about 2:40, this guy hits Spider-Man Homecoming. Yeah, when Sony does the marketing, you get this shit:
L5jVtPul.jpg

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Ah yes, I hear Explained video's are all the rage now on the internet.

I love how that dude tries to make it so that it seems like there was a bunch of effort and thought in to these posters but most of them look like 5 minute cut and paste jobs out of magazines like we did in high school.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Jesus i never really looked to see how bad that spiderman homecoming poster is.

Theres some good posters, its just a shame we dont get comic book level posters.

I hope when we get a nova movie, they use this as the poster

detail.jpg

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even view that homecoming poster as bad. Just generic.

And honestly. None of the MCU posters really wow me.

I don't think MCU posters are that great either but Homecoming and the X-Men ones are pretty garbage and I can't really see any silver lining in them, the weird nebula in Spiderman's black space just isn't well defined at all and it just looks so weird and confusing. I'm not against this tactic but it comes off as garbled and incoherent in that poster. The only posters I really enjoy in the MCU are the Thor Ragnarok and Infinity War ones to be honest.