• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are thousands of Jedi and like a couple dozen who survived Order 66, and most of those didn't make it past the first few years thanks to the Inquisitors.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Vader the Vader that got royally fucked up on his prime by a higher ground Obi-Wan?
The Jedi could take on the Empire on a weekend.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Not Ahsoka. Dave Filoni did state in interviews that Vader was faking "turning to the light" in their duel in Rebels. That Vader at that time viewed Anakin Skywalker as weak, and something to be destroyed, including his personal connections.

Vader has no love for Ahsoka, because she abandoned him. Anakin loved Ahsoka as a daughter, but she turned away from him and thus, another connection to Skywalker that must be destroyed. Like Obi-wan and like the Jedi.

Luke had the chance to reach him because he was the son he was told was dead. He couldn't hate Luke because Luke was a literal innocent to everything that happened.

Only Luke could redeem Vader. Not even Leia could do it, because Vader already knew who she was who she really was wouldn't matter.
That's an interesting perspective, I haven't heard that before. I buy it, although I do maintain Leia could have done what Luke did if she had trained with Ben and/or Yoda. Vader only knew her as a rebel, but he didn't know she was his daughter. In that sense, I don't think she's any different than Luke -- and before he dies, Vader's final thoughts turn to her.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I haven't watched Clone Wars. I tried but couldn't get past the baby Hutt. How does Anakin have an apprentice? In ROTS the council wouldn't grant him the rank of Master I thought.

Just skip the movie. Hell, it only gets better the further you go and the age restriction got lifted.

Anakin has an apprentice because the Jedi are so short staff, they need more Jedi on the field so people who have no preparedness for training (or apprentices who have no ready for total war) get thrown in the meat grinder.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
As far as I'm concerned Yoda and Obi-wan were the last jedi before Luke and that's how it's going to stay, because otherwise the sense of weight is completely destroyed.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I haven't watched Clone Wars. I tried but couldn't get past the baby Hutt. How does Anakin have an apprentice? In ROTS the council wouldn't grant him the rank of Master I thought.

They gave Anakin a padawan because they knew he could teach Ahsoka well - but Yoda says at the end of the movie that the true lesson was for Anakin because they wanted him to learn to let her go.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Lol I was watching a top 10 Jedi list because the Star Wars lore is hella interesting. Kit Fisto was in the top 10 and the dude said like it was some kind of accomplishment that he lasted seconds against Sidious. I didn't know whether to laugh or be impressed.

He got done dirty as Kit was hella strong. Sidious is just OP as fuck. He literally dances around Maul and his brother before effortlessly killing Savage and torturing Maul.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If Obi-Wan is there, Vader would focus only on him, leaving Sheev to deal with the rest.

Yeah... i think they can win.

Oct 28, 2017
How old is Luke supposed to be in the original Star Wars trilogy? Because it's weird how Anakin in his early 20s and Obi-wan in his early 30s both turning into old farts by the time Luke looks like he's supposed to be 18.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How old is Luke supposed to be in the original Star Wars trilogy? Because it's weird how Anakin in his early 20s and Obi-wan in his early 30s both turning into old farts by the time Luke looks like he's supposed to be 18.
A considerable amount of time passes between episode 2 and 3. Anakin is not in his early twenties during episode 3. Clone wars are like years long IIRC

Anakin looks old because he was burned to shit. Kenobi doesn't look that old, he looks to be in his 60's in the original trilogy.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
So many folks complaining about shit that happens before the OT.

No idea where the "jedi are everywhere" stuff is coming from. Most of them are dead by the time of ANH

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
right, but that's a problem in the filmmaking. there's absolutely nothing in the prequel trilogy that shows that order 66 would work.
Huh? The films show you pretty well how it worked, the Jedi were often operating alone with a ton of Clone Troopers under their command. Clone Troopers with abilities on par with Jango Fett, who was strong enough to give Obi Wan a good fight. They also had the element of surprise. The Jedi weren't expecting to be betrayed by their own troops, and even if they survived an initial surprise attack they were usually surrounded by hostiles.

It makes sense why a few Jedi could escape, but it's made clear how easily most of them would be killed in such unfavorable odds.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He got done dirty as Kit was hella strong. Sidious is just OP as fuck. He literally dances around Maul and his brother before effortlessly killing Savage and torturing Maul.

Kit did get a pretty great fight against Grievous in The Clone Wars. He took the guy on far easier than Obi-Wan did and was much more chill too. It's a pretty big shame he never got a chance to shine in the actual movies 'cause he seemed like one of the best.

Even so, yeah, Palpatine was stupidly powerful. Maul was easily as strong as Windu or Dooku and Palpatine just toyed with him even when he was enraged by Savage's death.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
A considerable amount of time passes between episode 2 and 3. Anakin is not in his early twenties during episode 3. Clone wars are like years long IIRC

Anakin looks old because he was burned to shit. Kenobi doesn't look that old, he looks to be in his 60's in the original trilogy.
He actually is still in his early 20s. He's a ripe old forty-five when unmasked in RotJ.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

Anakin is only 23 in Revenge of the Sith....The Clone Wars only last three years. The empire only being around for 19 years, (Luke's age in ANH), was not part of the original plan.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He actually is still in his early 20s. He's a ripe old forty-five when unmasked in RotJ.
Anakin is only 23 in Revenge of the Sith....The Clone Wars only last three years. The empire only being around for 19 years, (Luke's age in ANH), was not part of the original plan.
Oh I didn't realize he was that young still, thought he was mid to late twenties. Either way, he looks bad when unmasked as vader because of his severe burns, has nothing to do with age.

Oct 28, 2017
Oh I didn't realize he was that young still, thought he was mid to late twenties. Either way, he looks bad when unmasked as vader because of his severe burns, has nothing to do with age.
main-qimg-a0da5512f78cdafd21df91369a487865

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure Lucas is on record saying that Mace was one of the most powerful Jedi and he also beat Sidious one on one.
Yeah Mace is one of the most powerful, more powerful than Obi-Wan and probably second to Yoda in terms of pure martial strength. It is POSSIBLE that Mace could've killed Sheev, it just didn't shake out that way due to Anakin's interference and the nature of Sheev's powers.

Operations

Oct 29, 2017
I like the idea of other jedi surviving. Especially because, for one, it doesn't make much sense to me that damn near every jedi in the galaxy got mowed down by some damn clone troopers. How would none of them somehow slip through the cracks, be unaccounted for or just be strong enough to fight their way out and survive? I mean, some did, but more than a few should have. And I also like it because it still makes sense with how the movies went. Even if quite a few survived, there's little to nothing they could do against Vader and/or the Emperor. Obi-Wan and Ahsoka teaming up would probably be the only ones who had a shot. Even then, I don't think it's a sure thing they could beat him.
Doesn't it lessen the impact of Luke and his role In ROTJ? If it turns out he and Leia weren't the last Jedi left, the stakes weren't that high after all and had he failed during his confrontation with the Emperor, it seems.many others could have pursued a renewed attempt.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure Lucas is on record saying that Mace was one of the most powerful Jedi and he also beat Sidious one on one.

As far as I can tell, Palpatine let Windu win so that Anakin would be forced to choose between the Jedi Order (that he wanted any excuse to leave) and saving Padme.

Not saying Windu wasn't the best the Jedi had to offer but it wasn't enough. Anakin could've beaten him and I think Palpatine could have too.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
That's an ideal version of Anakin as a force ghost without his injuries, should be obvious given the fact that he was severely burned and dismembered. You know that, lol.
So just pointing out, the actor was 77 when that scene was filmed. The rapid aging thing is just one of those PT missteps that we're supposed to just accept and not question. Sorta like Leia remembering Padme for....the like minute that they were together.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
It also helped the "prophecy" make sense in the Prequels and OT, in that Darth Vader did indeed "bring balance to the force".
He was the one who led the charge against Jedis, eventually bringing down the number to two (Obi-Wan and Yoda) against two Sith Lords (Himself and the Emperor).
When Luke began his Jedi training, he did it again by killing Obi-Wan (again, leaving two Jedis and two Siths).
And again when Yoda died by killing the Emperor with his own hands (leaving one Jedi and one Sith).

Although perhaps involuntary, I always liked the idea this prophecy was not about reinforcing the strength of the Jedis, but rather literally about bringing back both sides of the force to the same level.
how is 2 jedi that don't use the force at all a balance to 2 Sith that use the force willy nilly just to punish failure.

Even when I thought that it was complete nonsense.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Obi Wan's an old ass man who's ready to become one with the force. Obi Wan in his prime would have whipped old man Vader.
It also helped the "prophecy" make sense in the Prequels and OT, in that Darth Vader did indeed "bring balance to the force".
He was the one who led the charge against Jedis, eventually bringing down the number to two (Obi-Wan and Yoda) against two Sith Lords (Himself and the Emperor).
When Luke began his Jedi training, he did it again by killing Obi-Wan (again, leaving two Jedis and two Siths).
And again when Yoda died by killing the Emperor with his own hands (leaving one Jedi and one Sith).

Although perhaps involuntary, I always liked the idea this prophecy was not about reinforcing the strength of the Jedis, but rather literally about bringing back both sides of the force to the same level.
This is one interpretation but depending on the author 'balance to the force' means different things. I think that the cannon is that the 'dark side' is a warped version of the force that is not natural and therefore not part of the balance. (this is a sucky interpretation but hey)