• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excluding Yoda because I think he'd tip the scale, but we'll even include Obi-wan.

As the years go by, we learn about more and more Jedi survivors. Heck, if we go by Legends, too, there are even some really strong masters like Shaak Ti still around. And the conceit of stories like Fallen Order is to try to find and gather them all up so they can take on the Empire.

Let's say they all find each other. Can they, together, beat Vader and Sheev?

EDIT: And if it's still a hard no, what if Yoda shows up, too?

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
Yes. There are probably enough surviving Jedi to replace everyone in the portals scene in Endgame.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think so, and they show at the end of Fallen Order how

Vader could easily defeat multiple jedi with no backup at all

The only reason things worked out is because Luke was his son so he was allowed to get close and get away so many times.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Yoda was the last of the Jedi and Luke his last apprentice, giving a tremendous sense of weight and purpose to his journey?

Nah turns out Quarlok Vhi and Jimso Dangar were secretly helping Yoda in Dagobah or some shit.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
It's kind of an odd premise. Because once we start talking like... 6+ Jedi, it just begs the question "How'd all these Jedi get Vader and The Emperor alone?" I don't know if it really works out though. The nature of Saber dueling kind of evens out numbers advantages unless the larger group is used to fighting together.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
While anakin is a whiny bitch who can't even come close to defeating obi-wan it seems Vader is an insane badass who can easily take on multiple Jedi simultaneously with zero backup. Then there's the emperor and the inquisitors.

While there do seem to be enough jedi to form a small army I'm pretty sure the empires total resources would crush them in a head to head fight.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really read the books, I guess Mace Windu is out there with a scarred face and some robotic arms

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Sheev took down three of the greatest swordsmen in the jedi order in seconds.

I don't care how many other scrubs you throw at him, they ain't getting it done, they ain't bout that action, nevermind adding in Vader.

Barrow Roll

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone ELI5 this whole Sheev thing? Is this a bit?

Edit: Since people might not see my second post, get that it's his first name, but I've never seen anyone refer to Palpatine as Sheev anywhere other than Era. Palpatine, the Emperor, or Darth Sidious. Never Sheev.

Last edited:

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017

I don't care how many other scrubs you throw at him, they ain't getting it done, they ain't bout that action, nevermind adding in Vader.

Oh yeah. Those dudes who just stood there and got stabbed were truly something special lol.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

It was a plot farce dude. He didnt do shit really, they were all red shirts at that point.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Probabely fail, follow the rule of ninja
If there is one, he's really powerful, if they are many, their power get split and each one are weak individually.

OP
OP
Septimus Prime

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ahsoka, Kanan, Ezra and Cal have a chance if they go at it together.
I don't know about that. Ahsoka can hold her own, but the other three--while good against weaker enemies--are not going to beat Vader. I haven't finished Fallen Order yet, but I expect Cal isn't going to hold up that well against Vader.

But maybe Ahsoka and Kenobi could take him.

Vader gets to be there because Obi-wan is there. They're pretty even. Plus, in order to take out the Empire, he has to be taken, too.

Can someone ELI5 this whole Sheev thing? Is this a bit?
That's his name. Sheev Palpatine. No joke.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so there was 10k Jedi before order 66. How many are still around leading up to TFA?

That seems like a loaded question. For sure there are more force users born since the empire fell. Some of the Jedi that survived may have taken on padawans. So even if only a few Jedi survived initially, there could be more than you think with a generation of young Jedi.

The canon answer is, we probably don't know.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Okay so there was 10k Jedi before order 66. How many are still around leading up to TFA?

Set before TFA Few months.
The main Character is Great Grandson of The Jedi that left before order 66.
In the final part, he met his Great granddad who died shortly after they met and learn that his family still alive.

Last edited:

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Few enough for them to fade out of public knowledge and become rare enough that only a handful of people ever see them, or even hear about people seeing them.

Probably less than 100 would be my guess. Even if they survived Order 66, the Inquistors, Clones/Stormtroopers, and even the general public (who could alert the Empire) were actively hunting them down because our buddy Sheev branded them all as traitors.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It's a far better story that there's jedi hidden away resisting in the best way they can against the eradication of their way.

Yoda was the only Jedi Kenobi knew that got away is just as good an explanation and/or the best.
That may get retconned in his Disney+ show tho. He could possibly run into others say like Cal from Fallen Order or some shit.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Remember when Yoda was the last of the Jedi and Luke his last apprentice, giving a tremendous sense of weight and purpose to his journey?

Nah turns out Quarlok Vhi and Jimso Dangar were secretly helping Yoda in Dagobah or some shit.
I had to Google these motherfuckers to see if they were real or not.

Great post, made me laugh.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I've been led to believe that Sheev had... *checks notes* unlimited power, so I don't know that it matters how many Jedi you throw at him.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't watched Star Wars Rebels, but is it true that, at the end
the younger Jedi gets sent away to another galaxy on a space whale? It was something like that, last I checked. Sounded awful.
High Chance that Luke met Ashoka between ep.5 and 6 to learn more about his dad.
He would've mentioned her to him as part of the effort to bring him back to the light, so not likely.

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
I like the idea of other jedi surviving. Especially because, for one, it doesn't make much sense to me that damn near every jedi in the galaxy got mowed down by some damn clone troopers. How would none of them somehow slip through the cracks, be unaccounted for or just be strong enough to fight their way out and survive? I mean, some did, but more than a few should have. And I also like it because it still makes sense with how the movies went. Even if quite a few survived, there's little to nothing they could do against Vader and/or the Emperor. Obi-Wan and Ahsoka teaming up would probably be the only ones who had a shot. Even then, I don't think it's a sure thing they could beat him.