• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
You're literally falling for the current European fascist propaganda that Muslims will replace us. In the 30s it was the Jews. Nowadays it's the Muslims. Just a reminder that this is the same theory Anders Breivik believes in. Eurabia is what they call it. Is that really something you are comfortable with?

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The 'get over it' comments don't help, maybe you don't realize the European people will vote Hitler's ghost back into power if this continues. Something has to be done to manage these influxes better.
That "something" almost invariably is xenophobic if not outright racist policies getting enacted.

The root of the problem has to be targeted. Support should be provided to countries where many of these migrants are coming from, figure out why they are leaving. Support should be provided to countries in the paths of these migrants that are unable to cope. Countries like Lebanon, Turkey, etc. have millions of refugees but don't get a tenth of the support they deserve for it.

It is very difficult to uproot your life and try to move to a society whose culture is alien to yours. It is difficult to do so at the risk to your life. Many of these migrants don't really have the luxury of options. If you don't want migrants entering your country, try to make it their conditions at home more tolerable.

And with looming global warming catastrophe, this is only going to get worse as economies in these impoverished countries only get worse.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
The same kinds of things were feared about the Chinese in my country. Catholics. The Irish. Italians. And many more.

And we're much better for having taken them all in now. Even my father was an immigrant. My mom is first generation. A strong people welcome immigrants.

Jibreel

Oct 25, 2017
The 'get over it' comments don't help, maybe you don't realize the European people will vote Hitler's ghost back into power if this continues. Something has to be done to manage these influxes better.

If the European people genuinely cared maybe they should do some self reflection and realize they shouldn't support policies that directly lead to these crises in the first place. How many European countries were part of the Coalition of the Willing? How many European countries supported ousting Gaddafi? How many European countries are sanctioning Syria?

KillGore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
User Banned (permanent): Xenophobia, Islamaphobia
This is not the best forum to post this, OP. I may get banned for saying this, but it's not wrong to be concerned about a huge influx of immigrants, especially ones that have different beliefs or lifestyle than what your country is accustomed to.

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, yes, let's completely overlook the right wing propaganda people are being fed to be made to think this way. The unfortunate reality is that most people don't have a completely unwavering moral compass.
I'm sorry but I'm not going to feel sorry for them for falling for fascist propaganda.
I'd have to start feeling for these shitheels for wanting me dead too for being a dirty Muzzie, if that was the case. Spare me the snark.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
But this is not the case in the vast majority of Muslim countries. For it to be a given isn't the case anywhere. It's a poor people mob rule problem not a Muslim problem.

I'm not agreeing with the OP, but this is factually wrong. Of the 51 Muslim majority (over 50%) countries, only 16 have Same-sex activity as legal, 3 semi legal, and the rest (32) are imprisonment ranging from a year to life, or death. This is solely for same-sex sexual activity, almost every single Muslim majority country does not recognise any form of relationship in a legal sense.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
None of it is the immigrants' fault, nor is their muslim faith the problem. The issue is the EU failing Greece (while the Greek government keeps failing its people) and the immigrant situation in general. You can't keep stuffing people in camps in border states, every country needs to chip in to their ability.

In fact some of the attitude leading to such failures is evident in this thread: people telling the OP (and by extension the immigrants, because they sure as shit don't want to be stuck in camps) to just take it, while being immune to the situation themselves. Fuck you we got ours.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The shitheads at the top who put Greece and the middle east in this situation, are so happy to see people like you directing your hate towards anyone else but them.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry but I'm not going to feel sorry for them for falling for fascist propaganda.
I'd have to start feeling for these shitheels for wanted me dead too if that was the case. Spare me the snark.

Not saying to feel sorry for them or to remove all accountability, but I don't think that should be the focal point of anger. They're puppets being played by miscreants.

Just_a_Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
This is not the best forum to post this, OP. I may get banned for saying this, but it's not wrong to be concerned about a huge influx of immigrants, especially ones that have different beliefs or lifestyle than what your country is accustomed to.

Would you care if these immigrants were predominantly white? Be honest.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never voted for the right, I am an atheist and a vegan. I try to show compassion for the hardships of other people. But is it wrong to not wish to live in a Muslim nation in many of which I would imprisoned or stoned for being gay?
I hope you grow up and stop having bigoted views towards Muslims.

They come to your country to escape danger and find a better life for their families. Not to go after you. Muslims are human. They just want what is best for their families and have a peaceful good life, just like you.

Oct 25, 2017
Not saying to feel sorry for them or to remove all accountability, but I don't think that should be the focal point of anger. They're puppets being played by miscreants.
Ofcourse they are and I don't know what I can do to change that, they're not going to listen to people like me anyway.
When I'm confronted by these pigs and their fascist rhetoric, my anger will be directed towards them. I don't know how many times I've read/heard this shit in my lifetime. That's just my experience in England, as someone who is born here no less, can't imagine how it is for an immigrant.

Would you care if these immigrants were predominantly white? Be honest.
Answer is no, we know this.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, they are just human beings. Just like you ancestors were when they came to wherever you are from.

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK

It's not wrong to judge others based race, ethnicity, religion etc... Are you serious?

Cos that is basically what you have just said

Deleted member 47092

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 25, 2018
Fact this is still up shows how little resetera cares about Muslims and Islamophobia.

just normal course of action.

Puroresu_kid

Oct 28, 2017
So if they where white Christian immigrant would be it be ok?

The emphasis on Muslims sounds right wing.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I bet they were using them Muslamic ray guns for those crimes, that's why no one could do anything about it.

In seriousness, EUs country of entry policy means the burden lies on border states and that's a fault of EU to block migrants from leaving Greece. But at the same time you make astounding leaps in logic of "my country will become a Muslim nation in 20 years". For that to happen you have to have no resistance in the government, continuous influx of immigrants with no birth increase in native population. And lastly, would you be so apprehensive of people coming in if they were white Europeans? Probably not.

Those migrants are most likely not going to ever be able to hold a political position of power unless they are born in Greece, and the ones who are born in Greece...well they are Greek in terms of nationality.

Deleted member 47092

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
Replace muslim with any group that Is cause celebre in this forum and it wouldnt even be a moment's hesitation.

Cor

Oct 25, 2017
why do you assume that most/all of those people are staying in the country?
Fact this is still up shows how little resetera cares about Muslims and Islamophobia.

yearp, for sure.

7EnEyvJ.png

lol.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017

And even the ones who profess to care don't really seem to mind that Muslim immigrants get stuck en masse in southern Europe as opposed to central, north or east. Given as how even progressive parties are brushing this issue under the rug.

And don't even get me started on America, they're the ones who largely caused the refugee waves and have refused to take any kind of responsibility (not even Obama).

Deleted member 47092

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
And even the ones who profess to care don't really seem to mind that Muslim immigrants get stuck en masse in southern Europe as opposed to central, north or east. Given as how even progressive parties are brushing this issue under the rug.

And don't even get me started on America, they're the ones who largely caused the refugee waves and have refused to take any kind of responsibility (not even Obama).

literal genocide in China and Myanmar, discrimination across "west liberal Judeochristian clash of civilisations" Europe where the rise of far right is gaining more ground.

this forum is fucking shit to be honest - mod team are just proper wank.

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They are barred from leaving Greece towards other European nations so they are staying here. Greece is a country of about 10.5, million people with an aging, decreasing population.
Does Greece block them from leaving? Or is it that other nations turn them away when they try to enter?

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
The issue isn't even primarily the influx, it's the fact that no other country has an interest in actually helping the Greeks and Italians out given the domestic backlashes the rest of Europe is seeing.

Oct 25, 2017

It's often forgotten(intentionally or otherwise) that these problems don't exist in a vacuum. It all leads back to certain countries and their foreign exploits leading to destabilisation of the ME and other Muslim regions.
And chuds like this OP here falls for the bait, every time.

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017
Quite frankly, immigration and corresponding shifts in population makeup has been happening for all of recorded history. Sometimes there are more static periods but over large enough timespans, this is just what humanity does.

Instead of trying to work against the inevitable, spend that energy trying making the best of it.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
I don't believe Muslims commit the majority of the crime in Greece. That's a lie. There is no issue with Muslims wanting to escape their governments and civil war.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Naked xenophobia and islamophobia is very much against the TOS, so this one is getting locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.