• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
This looked really good. I especially loved the creatures in it.

Hope it turns out to be a rather feature complete game and not a GaaS.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
Is it me or are all games these days described as some kind of incredible "experience" lol can you not just tell us what the game is?

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Looks absolutely gorgeous.

I know we have 2 teams at Rare. I'd be okay if this is a pseudo-online game with another more traditional game in development.

R8tedm3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
What a failure from both RARE and Obsidian. I mean you sit on so many IP's and this is the best you come up with?! While i do welcome fresh ideas, this is hmmm, pathetic at best!!

Both titles DOA imho, and they wonder why companies shut down...well you keep releasing titles like this, that won't sell.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
What a failure from both RARE and Obsidian. I mean you sit on so many IP's and this is the best you come up with?! While i do welcome fresh ideas, this is hmmm, pathetic at best!!

Both titles DOA imho, and they wonder why companies shut down...well you keep releasing titles like this, that won't sell.
this is parody right

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Getting Breath of the Wild vibes from the trailer. Can't wait to see what the game is about.

Rare is knocking it out of the park stylewise lately.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
It had a bit of a Breath of a Wild feeling to me, however, I am super worried this is again going to be an online-only game. Why can't they just clarify that from the start :(? It looks beautiful, but if it is online only again, I am out, once more :'(.

ColR100

Jan 13, 2018
Looks gorgeous obviously, nice cohesive art-style....but damn, that was a boring trailer that made me excited about nothing.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
It looks incredible, I just hope it's single player. I'm tired of MP only games.

SoT would be much better with s SP campaign too.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
Looks beautiful wow. Hoping the gameplay is more than petting animals though lol, not sure what to make of this trailer.

Skel

Oct 27, 2017
France
Games that offer long-term engagement is why Gamepass can have sustained success. The business model doesn't work if people just sub for one month to play through a 15-hour single-player only game.

Phil Spencer last August:

Yes, I can confirm. With the additions to XGS we have a lot of teams that have built strong SP focused games and we want that to continue.

New game after Ninja Theory acquisition: multiplayer.
New game after Obsidian acquisition: multiplayer.
Rare this generation: one GaaS, one coming.
And, IMO, The Coalition failed about delivering a great single-player experience.

I'm really worried about Compulsion, Double Fine and inXile next games.

I agree Game Pass is a good offer though, but I fear their next games will be designed for it instead of "classic" experiences.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
wow, i love everything about this so far. beautiful visuals, awesome designs, and a fantastic "theme". very much at the top of my list of most anticipated games, hot damn

Mar 9, 2018
The deer looks pretty cool. I hope the game's fun.

But just a reminder, Rare, you also have Viva Pinata on your shelf. Get on that Viva Pinata revival stat.

Ananasas

Jul 11, 2018
Any info about the game it self? It looks very nice for an in-engine trailer, but that's it at the moment.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way

Lol what rattled your cage?

It looks stunning.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Not a fan of Rare games at all, but this one kinda intrigues me? It looks pretty, and it gives me Mononoke vibes. Curious to see how it plays though.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Game looks gorgeous. Amazing creature design. Excited to see some actual gameplay and get more details on what this actually is.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Looks really promising, and just beautiful. I can really get behind these kinds of games from Rare.

Last edited:

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
The aesthetics are beautiful. For better or for worse, the game is going to be Sea Of Thieves on land with wildlife.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Art style is nice. Is it essentially Sea of Thieves in the wilderness with a focus on animals? Kinda got that vibe from it

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
This was amazing.

RealUnderstatedGreatdane-size_restricted.gif

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
This is getting me stoked! Magical beautiful world to explore and experience! So much variety from MS studios I love it

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Beautiful looking game and I really like the deer-creature design. But I want to see gameplay cz I am not really sure what the game is actually gonna be about

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
I missed this because the Mixer stream shit the bed but it's freaking gorgeous. I hope if it's multiplayer it can be played solo though.