• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
original.jpg

That character reminds of this character from Atlantis.

Art looks really nice.

That's exactly what I was thinking.
Maybe this is a Father Ted style My Lovely Horse scenario where they think no one remembers Atlantis.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
The animals remind me of the forest creatures in Princess Mononoke. I would play a game to befriend the animals and pet them.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Good art style and music, but absolutely no gameplay beyond the suggestion of yet more stealth makes me wholly unexcited.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
What is there to be so excited about? It looks really pretty but what do you do?

My hope? A non violent Pokemon Snap type photography game that is single player or co-op with points based on the pictures you take, leaderboards etc..

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Like the art style and music but that's about it. Looking forward to seeing what the game is actually like.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hard to get excited when I don't actually know what it is but it looks nice at least.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Looks beautiful, but the ending made me worry it might be another online game from Rare. Which is cool for everyone who's into that kind of thing, but it's just not for me.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Artstyle is great, but if its GAAS like Sea of Thieves idk how much im gonna play it. That one already eats up so much time

Would love if it was just standard game that you could play in co-op or something

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks exceptional! Please don't be GaaS, want a juicy narrative driven SP game, without the loot/padding/design needed to manage millions of concurrent players. I don't want to share my world.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Look incredible, but no clue as to what type of game it is. Looks like 3 characters so it could be a MP game, co-op game or a game with 2 AI companions. Feels like Death Stranding reveal where you have no fucking idea what it is about. lol

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Dusk Golem

• The Everwild team is focused on building an experience that allows for new ways to play in a natural and magical world
  • Everwild will give you memorable, engaging, and meaningful experiences for players everywhere to share
  • Sea of Thieves, The Seabound Soul, features an all-new, lore-focused Tall Tale mission for players looking to play their part in a thrilling story

Even for a studio with as long and rich a legacy as Rare, today has been a special day.
At this evening's X019 event in London, we were able to share with fans some of the incredible things that the different teams at Rare have been working on. This included talking about the next monthly update for Sea of Thieves, as well as giving fans a first glimpse of the next new IP from Rare, Everwild.
It reminds me of the last time we made two big announcements at an event, which was E3 2015 where we announced Rare Replay and showed the world the first glimpse into our unique vision for Sea of Thieves. This feels as big a moment for Rare as it did in 2015.

While Everwild is still early in development, we are very excited about the unique potential of the game we are creating. The Everwild team is focused on building an experience that allows for new ways to play in a natural and magical world. The development team, led by Executive Producer Louise O'Connor, is creating something truly original and incredibly special that aims to be more than just a new IP. Everwild will give you memorable, engaging and meaningful experiences for players everywhere to share. We cannot wait to share more with you in the future.

We are also pleased to share the next free monthly update to Sea of Thieves, The Seabound Soul, arriving on November 20. This update features an all-new, lore-focused Tall Tale mission for players looking to play their part in a thrilling story. Join Captain Pendragon to uncover the mystery of the feared ship, the Ashen Dragon, and reveal the secrets of a sinister new threat. For those yet to play a Tall Tale, these narrative driven stories are our take on a "campaign" but set within a rich shared world of Adventure. This update also brings the heat to Sea of Thieves with the introduction of firebombs! This explosive ammo can be thrown or loaded into cannons to put a fiery panic in the hearts of opposing crews in both Adventure and in The Arena. Added to this there are new
commendations and cosmetics to earn and buy in the Pirate Emporium. You can play Sea of Thieves on Windows 10 PC, Xbox One and with Xbox Game Pass.

Having two large games in development represents a tremendous opportunity for Rare and the talented staff here as we grow and further evolve the studio to meet the challenges of simultaneously operating a successful live service and being in pre-production for a new IP. While Everwild and the team building it will get everything they need, we are still fully committed to Sea of Thieves — Joe, Mike, Shelley and the team still have plenty of creative ideas and plans to bring to Sea of Thieves for a long time to come and we have a number of central teams that support both games.

Finally, on behalf of everyone at the studio I'd like to thank all the fans for their tremendous support for Rare, from the millions of players who play Sea of Thieves to those that engage with our community playing together and sharing stories. It means a huge amount to us and it's the passion of our fans that inspires our team to create the kind of games the world doesn't have that are uniquely Rare.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Everything screams yes, but need to see gameplay. It's stunning to say the least.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Uh... looks okay, but not remotely the sort of thing I've been hoping for from Rare.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what type of game this is, love the art style and music though.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Sure, it's reminiscent of some other games but all good artists take inspiration and add their own touch. Lovely artistic look to the game, truly something special that sits nicely alongside Ori in Microsoft's lineup as something that appeals to me. Maybe I'll get an Xbox again after sitting this generation out? Lots still to be answered, though, and if it's not a strong character and story-driven single player title I'll have to pass. Oh, and no micro-transactions, pretty please?

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Dusk Golem

• The Everwild team is focused on building an experience that allows for new ways to play in a natural and magical world
  • Everwild will give you memorable, engaging, and meaningful experiences for players everywhere to share
  • Sea of Thieves, The Seabound Soul, features an all-new, lore-focused Tall Tale mission for players looking to play their part in a thrilling story

Even for a studio with as long and rich a legacy as Rare, today has been a special day.
At this evening's X019 event in London, we were able to share with fans some of the incredible things that the different teams at Rare have been working on. This included talking about the next monthly update for Sea of Thieves, as well as giving fans a first glimpse of the next new IP from Rare, Everwild.
It reminds me of the last time we made two big announcements at an event, which was E3 2015 where we announced Rare Replay and showed the world the first glimpse into our unique vision for Sea of Thieves. This feels as big a moment for Rare as it did in 2015.

While Everwild is still early in development, we are very excited about the unique potential of the game we are creating. The Everwild team is focused on building an experience that allows for new ways to play in a natural and magical world. The development team, led by Executive Producer Louise O'Connor, is creating something truly original and incredibly special that aims to be more than just a new IP. Everwild will give you memorable, engaging and meaningful experiences for players everywhere to share. We cannot wait to share more with you in the future.

We are also pleased to share the next free monthly update to Sea of Thieves, The Seabound Soul, arriving on November 20. This update features an all-new, lore-focused Tall Tale mission for players looking to play their part in a thrilling story. Join Captain Pendragon to uncover the mystery of the feared ship, the Ashen Dragon, and reveal the secrets of a sinister new threat. For those yet to play a Tall Tale, these narrative driven stories are our take on a "campaign" but set within a rich shared world of Adventure. This update also brings the heat to Sea of Thieves with the introduction of firebombs! This explosive ammo can be thrown or loaded into cannons to put a fiery panic in the hearts of opposing crews in both Adventure and in The Arena. Added to this there are new
commendations and cosmetics to earn and buy in the Pirate Emporium. You can play Sea of Thieves on Windows 10 PC, Xbox One and with Xbox Game Pass.

Having two large games in development represents a tremendous opportunity for Rare and the talented staff here as we grow and further evolve the studio to meet the challenges of simultaneously operating a successful live service and being in pre-production for a new IP. While Everwild and the team building it will get everything they need, we are still fully committed to Sea of Thieves — Joe, Mike, Shelley and the team still have plenty of creative ideas and plans to bring to Sea of Thieves for a long time to come and we have a number of central teams that support both games.

Finally, on behalf of everyone at the studio I'd like to thank all the fans for their tremendous support for Rare, from the millions of players who play Sea of Thieves to those that engage with our community playing together and sharing stories. It means a huge amount to us and it's the passion of our fans that inspires our team to create the kind of games the world doesn't have that are uniquely Rare.
That Everwild description sounds like a big miss for me.