• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
Great art style, beautiful art style.

aretha-blink.gif

Dec 16, 2017
It looks great for a rhythm game, but it's not really my genre.

Its probably not a rhythm game, but I don't know because there was no indication of what the gameplay is.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I love the look and tone but yeah, I need gameplay.

Mohsenix

Mar 31, 2018
Do we know what kind of game this is?

It looks stunning. I wish they had gameplay ready or at least a date.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I know this is going to sound ridiculous to some people, but this looks like maybe the prettiest game I've ever seen? Assuming this is representative of gameplay, of course. The art, the animations, and the tech are just so focused towards producing this one particular look and it's working excellently.

As for gameplay, it kinda looks like Monster Hunter except you make friends instead of kill and skin them? Which I am very down for, though... I have no idea what that kind of 30 sec loop looks like. But I'm in anyway. Gimme gimme gimme.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I refuse to get overtly excited about this game until it's confirmed I can play it without other people.
I really want to be excited, because it looks great, though.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Nope still on XBO as well. https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/everwild. They seem to have just not listed XBO in several of the trailers which is odd.
It is on their and Xbox site.

It doesn't say Xbox one for me. Maybe they've been updating these sites afterwards of the show? I've read the same on Obsidian's game and it also only lists series x and pc for me.

Maybe for its own good in this case, actually, if they pretend to get to this trailer's visuals. And they should, because now that they've shown it, and it's the most beautiful game Xbox has ever dreamt of, they can't take that from us!

Edit - on Spain's page it actually says xbone. If anything, to me it means it was just a placeholder, and that that page hasn't probably updated yet (will check back tomorrow). When was this thing announced? Before series x was officially unveiled with that name?

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, I know this is going to sound ridiculous to some people, but this looks like maybe the prettiest game I've ever seen? Assuming this is representative of gameplay, of course. The art, the animations, and the tech are just so focused towards producing this one particular look and it's working excellently.

As for gameplay, it kinda looks like Monster Hunter except you make friends instead of kill and skin them? Which I am very down for, though... I have no idea what that kind of 30 sec loop looks like. But I'm in anyway. Gimme gimme gimme.

That doesn't sound ridiculous to me! I think I'm in agreement. This may actually be the prettiest game I've ever seen. I thought that the first time I was shown also. I agree with you that everything is coming together in concert to create this one particular style and it's really working.

Oct 25, 2017

Not silly at all man, it looks fucking gorgeous. Still kind of struggling to peel out what the actual game is from what we've seen, but it looks dope either way.

beansontoast

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2020
Art styles like this can really make a game look mindblowing, can't they? If the real thing looks anything like this, you just know that visually it's going to age like a fine malbec.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if the gameplay is like death stranding with chill vibes. That'd be so sweet.

beansontoast

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2020
In many ways it resembles what Breath of the Wild might have looked like if it were on a next gen console, I can't really tell anything about the gameplay, but that alone is enough to make this look exciting.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
This art style is so beautiful to me. Just makes me smile. It's the best NexGen thing I seen from both Sony/MS, honestly.

Who knows how it will play. I hope it is not shit, lol. The wait will be long for me on this one.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't say Xbox one for me. Maybe they've been updating these sites afterwards of the show? I've read the same on Obsidian's game and it also only lists series x and pc for me.

Maybe for its own good in this case, actually, if they pretend to get to this trailer's visuals. And they should, because now that they've shown it, and it's the most beautiful game Xbox has ever dreamt of, they can't take that from us!

Edit - on Spain's page it actually says xbone. If anything, to me it means it was just a placeholder, and that that page hasn't probably updated yet (will check back tomorrow). When was this thing announced? Before series x was officially unveiled with that name?
Nope they have removed it. They are nuking Xbo from some of these games. It was definitely announced as an Xbox one game.

Cogniferous

Oct 27, 2017
England
This is legit one of the most impressive next gen games I've seen. The art style is astounding and before when games have tried to look like this there's always some imperfections at the edges; the shadows don't look right or things look jagged or the textures look muddy. Everything just looks so damn pleasant.

golem

Oct 25, 2017
Love the look. Not sure what the make of the game so far though, seems like a hugging animals simulator lol

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
I really hope that this is somo Monster Hunter inverse, without combat. Looks stunning.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Nope they have removed it. They are nuking Xbo from some of these games. It was definitely announced as an Xbox one game.

still up on the GB page, still has the original artwork from the announcement at X019 too
www.xbox.com

Everwild | Xbox

Discover unique experiences in the natural and magical world of Everwild.

EdpzjkcXoAALt0_

to me, its a bummer that they are apparently backtracking from their cross-gen approach with some games, including this one.

4KLobster

Dec 17, 2017
Japan
Game of the show for me.

If this actually a game where you co-op take care of nature and its marvelous beasts straight from a Ghibli movie, WOW, that would so refreshing and hit bullseye for so many players who are tired of shooring and cutting down baddies (in a much more gorgeous/immersive way than, say, Animal Crossing for instance).

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
They kept saying things about the world having a rhythm and people being able to feel it. There's absolutely no way this happens, but I hope it's got a rhythm game component. lol

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Those gifs. Gawd damn. First Sea of Thieves now this -beautiful. I am so excited for whatever this is I don't even care. It looks awesome.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
still up on the GB page, still has the original artwork from the announcement at X019 too
www.xbox.com

Everwild | Xbox

Discover unique experiences in the natural and magical world of Everwild.

EdpzjkcXoAALt0_

to me, its a bummer that they are apparently backtracking from their cross-gen approach with some games, including this one.

Agreed. Especially with this one.
It's the same on Spain page for now, but I guess they'll be changing these asap. It's like silently cancelling the ports and burying the lies, lol.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So Eternals are the players.

Also the logo is pretty cool. Looks like the a circle of life with Eternals and the animals

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Amnatadev

Aug 31, 2018
Loved it. The game of the show for me. Love the visual, music and lore. The atmosphere seems very unique.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Visually I thought this was the most stunning thing in the show, though I was disappointed that they still had nothing to say about what the game actually is.