• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Surface was is one of my all time favorite canceled shows, it left with a huge as cliffhanger. And army of creatures working to literally change the geography of the earth.
51T9-1DlUwL._SY445_.jpg

Recent new favorite, ends with one of the main character's father being resurrected, and the fact the alien craft might not be alien
1*ZI7MJQ8HnmGiaoeP2aMZMg.jpeg

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Resurrected on ABC was this for me. I loved theorizing where it was going, but it kinda ended in a wet fart from what I remember.

Also flashforward. I never got into it, but my cousin was super into it and I think that also fizzled out.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Resurrected on ABC was this for me. I loved theorizing where it was going, but it kinda ended in a wet fart from what I remember.

Also flashforward. I never got into it, but my cousin was super into it and I think that also fizzled out.
At least you can read the novel Flashforward was based off

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
They did for John Doe, and it was a bit anti-climatic.

Still waiting on Stargate Universe, though I get the distinct impression they haven't got a clue how it was supposed to end.

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
If Mindhunter never comes back, I want to know what their plans were (besides the obvious BTK stuff).

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking debris. I knew that was gonna get canceled. I was gonna wait for the second season. Fuck NBC

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
I know a few showrunners of canceled shows have come out and outright said what happens at the end, of where it was going to lead to.

I can also understand hesitancy there. It isn't impossible your show is picked back up or you take that same ending and use it for a future story.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
I really want to know more about Greg Weisman's plans for Spectacular Spider-Man, he's talked about it a little bit before.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Both of those are great choices, I was bummed when Surface and Debris both got cancelled.

I was super happy when this happened with Half-life 2: Episode 3. I forget who, but a writer of the game released a version of it (with the genders and names mixed around if I remember right).
It gave me the closure I was looking for and I've been able to let go of ever getting more.
Thankfully we got HL: Alyx, but it just barely runs on my PC.
Fucking debris. I knew that was gonna get canceled. I was gonna wait for the second season. Fuck NBC
Yeah, Debris had "cancelation" written all over it from the beginning sadly.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
They did for John Doe, and it was a bit anti-climatic.

Still waiting on Stargate Universe, though I get the distinct impression they haven't got a clue how it was supposed to end.
Shit i felt they were just winging it a few eps in
Scifi show but on NBC is always Monkey Paw, i didn't even start La Brea because i thought it was getting zappeed
I really want to know more about Greg Weisman's plans for Spectacular Spider-Man, he's talked about it a little bit before.
He did the same thing for Gargoyles

Oct 27, 2017
I still feel pies of rage at Glow not getting a final season.

glow-netflix.gif

I need to know how it ends.
This one was super fucking disappointing since it got a renewal.

Carnivale did a good job of looping the audience into where it would've gone.

I don't recall may shows I started that got canceled without resolution unless you count that the X-Files blew the chance to actually wrap up its overarching plot like four separate fucking times over ternary years: a series finale, a movie, and two revivals and it still blueballs the audience.

I don't really invest in shows that aren't sure to get conclusions or have clear directions due to the fickleness of the industry. Hell, even success doesn't guarantee anything- Ray Donovan was unexpectedly canceled after 7 seasons but at least it got a wrap up movie.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda wish that were the case for Dark Matter on SyFy since it ended on a cliffhanger, but I'm pretty much over it by now.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Well, Journeyman at least got a ending. Kind of.

However, it feels like Raised by Wolves will not get any closure whatsoever. Sad.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Rubicon on AMC. I'd read a continuation of that story no question.

Awake on NBC, as well. Thought that was also a super interesting premise that felt like it was developing into something truly interesting.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Person of Interest ended on a high note, but I would have loved to have known what they had in store if they ever got the full 7 seasons or even a full 5th one. Samaritan wasn't even supposed to be the endgame

X-Men Evolution had plans for a 5th season and while the finale was great, I really wanted to see whatcthey'd do with Mr. Sinister.

If the Legion of Superheroes got a 3rd season, we would have gotten a lot more legionnaires as well as a more accurate Brainiac 5. Sucks that it ended when it was getting really good.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
NBC cancels far too much. Idk how keep getting interested people. I'm shocked la Brea hasn't been canceled yet
Evidentally it lowkey blew up. I planned on watching the first season right before the new one starts. I am still shocked Grimm got 5 seasons, 3 of them on Friday.

Oct 26, 2017
I still can't believe GLOW got renewed and then UN-RENEWED.
Yeah. I didn't watch it until after season 3 had released. I got hooked and binged all the seasons in a few days, and when it was over I looked up season 4---to my excitement, I saw the news of the renewal. It was probably only 2-3 weeks after that the cancelation got announced. I went through a roller coaster of emotions.

Boogins

Oct 28, 2017
Awake on NBC, as well. Thought that was also a super interesting premise that felt like it was developing into something truly interesting.
This is the one for me. I thought hey it's a police procedural but has something more to it, that will keep it alive right? Nope I never give nbc a chance since then, even Debris I watched knowing it wasn't making it. Makes it hurt less I guess.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I loved Kings and The Black Donnellys on NBC but can't remember if either one got a satisfying ending anymore…

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
Would have been nice to get some official closure (and happy end) on Pushing Daisies. Those last three minutes of the final episode don't count.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It's not a good show, but I somehow got wrapped up in Travelers and am sad I won't get to know how it ends.

I'll never not be pissed at Netflix for cancelling The OA tho.

theLusitanian

Nov 3, 2017
It's super bizarre and moved entirely too slow…. But Raised by Wolves was the kind of weird show that deserved to be seen to the end.

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
The dirty little secret is that for a lot of shows, especially before serialized "prestige" shows became common, the writers never had any long term plans, certainly not beyond the current season. They may not even have a resolution to a end of season cliffhanger in mind when they write it, as was the case with Battlestar Galactica for example.

Last edited:

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
There was this show called Alcatraz that got canceled after 10 episodes. Would love to know where they were going with that.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
The dirty little secret is that for a lot of shows, especially before serialized "prestige" shows became common, is that the writers never had any long term plans, certainly not beyond the current season. They may not even have a resolution to a end of season cliffhanger in mind when they write it, as was the case with Battlestar Galactica for example.

That's still the case now. You have to pick an extremely rare example like JMS with Babylon 5 to show otherwise. That was a case where he not only had the full series written out before the pilot shot, but he even had contingencies for every cast member in case any actor was unavailable, which ended up being unfortunately useful after the first season where they lost the main captain.

But that's almost never the case. I always have to laugh when I see someone accusing writers of "making it up as it goes along," like that isn't the case for 99% of stuff out there, no matter how serialized.

UmbranUndying

Feb 20, 2022
I'm still fascinated by the little that we know of the original plans for Twin Peaks beyond season 2, like Cooper leaving the FBI to become a pharmacist in Twin Peaks, going to BOB's realm, etc. Would love to know more, even if I do think The Return was probably the best outcome of all possible scenarios.

RetroGiant

Oct 25, 2017
Glow for sure.

Revolution
Jericho
The Passage

I'm sure there are others but those are off the top of my head.