• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
EdZGJ9CXoAAJJuI

www.thisismoney.co.uk

How does the cinema industry survive coronavirus in Britain?

Cinemas have a job on their hands to entice film-goers in the coming months thanks to social distancing and fears over being in close proximity with others.

You'd be forgiven for thinking the Ōma Cinema was designed with social distancing in mind, but the developers have always planned to build the cinema this way. Here are some facts about it:
· It is being described as a 'truly different cinematic concept, offering spectacular architecture, an intimate atmosphere, an 'a la carte' service and truly unique experience for cinema operators and their audiences.'
· Building has commenced and it's due to open in 2021. It is replacing another cinema that was on the premises.
· The architecture of the Ōma cinema is based on three major features: an original 'platform' layout; a flexible seat arrangement in each 'balcony'; and projector positioning among the seating 'pods' allowing audiences to get much closer to the screen and the action.
· Ōma says the cinema is compatible with any type of digital projection and sound system technology on the market.
· Operators can choose the size of each platform, number of levels, platforms per level, as well as seating configurations per platform.
· The cinema is being designed by architect Pierre Chican who has already designed the UGC Les Halles (where 3.1million tickets were sold in 2019) and UGC Bercy (where 1.9million tickets were sold in 2019) in Paris.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
If it all worked out I would love a theater like this. I realize you'd probably end up sharing spaces with strangers still though.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
Truly a class system in theatre form, all the rich seats up top, all the poor people below enjoyIng the coughs they shower on you from above

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
I would totally be down. Less other people to deal with and less (hopefully) spilled drinks and popcorn on the floor.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like people would be more inclined to be loud assholes in that setup, since they're more isolated.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That would have a ridiculously low capacity for its size. Could be neat as a one-off concept though

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone makes noise can we throw their section of seating across the room?