• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kess

Oct 27, 2017
image-asset.gif

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Look, I get it, these guys are definitely taking some other shit while getting jacked.

But there is absolutely no shortcut when it comes to dieting- It is the staple of any growth or transformation. And that diet typically consists of a lot of chicken breast and broccoli. I believe it 100%
Some of that stuff makes you sweat off all your cake and ice cream. You can end up losing the fat pads on your feet if you don't get enough calories.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
You think they joking, but seriously... I once worked on a play with an MCU actor. I'm not kidding, this is all I ever saw him eat. Occasionally, he would have some carrots in the rice. He also slathered the whole fucking thing in hot sauce. Disgusting. I always thought to myself "Yknow, I'll never be as attractive as this man, and my body will always be a little soft, but at least I can eat a mother fucking burrito for lunch."

I'm sure it also helps a little to maintain a consistent diet. I know when I was at my fittest, I was also eating the exact same meals every day. It helped build a routine, and prevented me from thinking about WHAT was for lunch, for eventually would lead to "Hmm... I think maybe instead I'll have a slice of pizza."

My relative was a body builder. He was massive. He ate chicken and broccoli all the time, but you know what changed significantly? When he took steroids. He ate 2-3 times as much chicken and broccoli and it all went straight to muscle. Same routines, but he gained like 20lbs of muscle in a year.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
I blame this on the fact that there's no nutrition labels on liquor. It's always been absurd to me that booze somehow gets an exception from the rules.

Think it would be too much of a shock for some to see how many calories is in beer hahaha, but yeah always been alittle ridiculous.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Unless you're super ridiculously driven to the point food is seen as merely fuel and not something to enjoy then that diet never lasts and you eventually rebound.

People do some version of that diet when they have a bodybuilding show to train for or actors molding their body for a role, then they go off it. A lot of normal people get tricked into thinking the CBR diet is something that's meant to be sustainable(again not that it can't be for some people) and then they eventually quit once their willpower runs out.

The whole thing is a meme for a reason

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't there a clip of an actor doing the obvious wink and nod to this when asked how they got in shape?

I can't be imagining it. Because clearly, chicken and brocolli isn't doing all of work. You could probably eat McDonalds hamburgers all day and still put on muscle if you worked out constantly and took HGH.
Rob mentions testosterone in his IG post above, which is a hint that he was taking test (he's old enough that building a lot of muscle now is difficult). Tom Hardy said something like "you think I ate Skittles to get this body", as well.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I have a friend who is jacked and doesn't take PED. He eats a disgusting amount of food and works out every single day. Then he'll basically starve and dehydrate himself to get a cut look for certain occasions. Figured that's what these actors do as well.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Not sitting on your butt all day to make a living is step 1. Step 2 is having a personal training that tells you what to lift and what to eat all day. I think we've had numerous celebrities already mention that this is impossible to maintain for non-celebrities.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'm currently working on getting muscle tone and building muscle, but it's been a slow going process.

I was 180lbs in July 2018, and am now down to 126lbs. I actually fluctuate between 126-128lbs during the week, but I've been able to maintain it. It was a slow journey, because I was working a 9-5, coupled with a 1.5-2 hour commute to work (and 1.5-2 hour commute back home), so I wasn't able to always work out for hours at a time, so I just tried to at least be consistent in my workout schedule. I'm a short guy, so being 180lbs just wasn't healthy for me, and I felt terrible and exhausted all of the time.

During this past 11 months of WFH, I've been trying to take more advantage of not having the commute to focus on keeping in shape, and I've finally started to see some real progress on the muscle front! My shoulders are broader, chest is broadening, and I can, for the first time ever, see my abs! The hardest part was just getting started. The diet part of my routine was pretty set by this point, but I didn't have a real muscle building routine. The past 4 months or so have been me working on that, and seeing progress has been really encouraging and motivating. There are days when I'm like, "maybe i'll skip my workout tonight," but I push through and do it anyway.

I know if I had the luxury of a personal trainer and chef, I'd have made even bigger progress, but I don't, so I've been turtling it. lol. It's taking longer, but it's been worth the effort so far. I'll probably increase my workout routines in the coming months, to really define my muscles, but I'm already so happy with my progress, and it's been nice to get compliments from people about how I look, or my transformation (something I've never had happen to me before, especially from women!).

Looks aren't everything, but feeling good about myself mentally, emotionally, and physically (and definitely since my divorce), has been great. Having more energy, a more positive attitude, and feeling more confident in myself has had a profound effect on me these past 3 years. I'm not aiming to look like an MCU actor, that's for sure, but maintaining a healthy lifestyle has now become a top priority in my life, where it wasn't before, now more than ever, since I'll be 42 this year! My only regret is that I didn't start on this path sooner, but no point in dwelling on that at all.

That interview with Mac about his weight transformation is hilarious. It also reminds me that I need to catch up on Always Sunny. I think I'm in Season 5 or 6. So behind...

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
It probably also helps to be rich and not having to do regular 9-6 jobs.

Oct 28, 2017
Unless you're super ridiculously driven to the point food is seen as merely fuel and not something to enjoy then that diet never lasts and you eventually rebound.

People do some version of that diet when they have a bodybuilding show to train for or actors molding their body for a role, then they go off it. A lot of normal people get tricked into thinking the CBR diet is something that's meant to be sustainable(again not that it can't be for some people) and then they eventually quit once their willpower runs out.

The whole thing is a meme for a reason
It's also going to fuck with your Gut Flora.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I have a friend who is jacked and doesn't take PED. He eats a disgusting amount of food and works out every single day. Then he'll basically starve and dehydrate himself to get a cut look for certain occasions. Figured that's what these actors do as well.

Two things I'd ask. How do you know he doesn't take PEDs? I ask because the vast majority of the lifters I know on PEDs NEVER admit it. Second, what's "jacked?"

Like when my relative starts benching 315lbs for reps of 10 at 195lbs body weight, I'm gonna call you out for not being natty (after only 2 years of lifting). It was also painfully obvious because he "hated cardio" and would eat 2x as much as me, but it would all only go to muscle. He was like 4% body fat and just destroying whatever he wanted, no cardio, just weights.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It has been known for a very long time that PEDs are highly effective for quickly building mass.

Since actors aren't drug tested, why would they be?, it is a no-brainer except for potential risks of side effects.

But athletes do it with much less money at stake and actual risk of prosecution so it should be zero surprise to anyone that this is going on.

If your fame and millions of dollars are riding on it taking PEDs for a limited amount of time, the risk/reward ratio probably checks out.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Yea, having the trainers, time and money to do this is the key part here. The actual foods work, but without the time and discipline, there's no way to sustain this as a normal person.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not ripped, but I probably eat those three things more than anything else in my life. Never had weight issues because of it.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
These guys are juicing but eating is the hardest part of getting in really good shape for a lot of people.

Eating a ton of protein with no carbs gets old real fast.

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
While I don't doubt that many of them are getting some 'help', there's probably also some truth to what they're saying.

Side note: that video was insufferable.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
While I don't doubt that many of them are getting some 'help', there's probably also some truth to what they're saying.

Side note: that video was insufferable.
Diet is still huge and you still have to work hard, but I'm telling you, PEDs make a MASSIVE difference.

I can have the same schedule and routine and my recovery will be 2x slower, my diet will have to be 2x stricter and I'll still make half the gains.

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
These actors do that but they 100% totally do take PED. Dead giveaway is, you can even take PED and still not look like that. There is just no way that we randomly have dozens of actors that can just hit the gym hard for a year and walk away looking like a superhero.

Also, how many of these guys even claim they aren't juicing? Like not by omission, but literally "I do not take steroids." Gotta be near zero and that's for a reason.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
It has been known for a very long time that PEDs are highly effective for quickly building mass.

Since actors aren't drug tested, why would they be?, it is a no-brainer except for potential risks of side effects.

But athletes do it with much less money at stake and actual risk of prosecution so it should be zero surprise to anyone that this is going on.

If your fame and millions of dollars are riding on it taking PEDs for a limited amount of time, the risk/reward ratio probably checks out.
Yeah I don't get why people care if actors are using PEDs. Even with them, it's still hard work to get those bodies.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The main moral concerns are:

1) The legality. Rules should apply to everyone.

2) That it may give young kids unrealistic body expectations.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
126 is pretty low for an average male unless you're 5'4" - 5'6".

Never mind, I missed where you said you were short. Good work.

Ah, yeah, I forgot to mention that! I'm 5'2"

And yeah, finding clothes that fit is obnoxious. I'm wearing XS shirts now that look good on me. Anything bigger and it's like I'm swimming in it.

Here's a before and after picture of me one from 2018, and one from the other week?

Last edited:

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that's a great video. It's obvious with the speed that these guys get jacked up that they're taking something. And there's nothing wrong with that. It's just funny that they have the standing gag order not to mention it.
Though this guy and some other YouTubers seem to think Henry Cavill and Chris Evans are totally natural, despite having iconic "super jacked" shots in Man of Steel and Captain America TFA. I can believe it. Looks like they fatten and puff up for those shots to look huge.
Henry Cavill def looks natural. Chris Evans on the other hand looks super juicy compared to his skinny self.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Don't they simply help with recovery, and the work has to be done either way? With PEDS you can actually train six days a week and build muscle with no fear of over training, but its not that training is going to be less hard. Or did I get that wrong?
It's more than that. Over training is hardly an issue once your body adapts. I lift weights 6 days a week and run 4-5 days a week. I don't do PEDs.

There are different kinds of steroids, but many generate more muscle tissue. I'm simplifying a bit here, but it's just straight up muscle gains for the same amount of work AND they help with recovery.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
These actors do that but they 100% totally do take PED. Dead giveaway is, you can even take PED and still not look like that. There is just no way that we randomly have dozens of actors that can just hit the gym hard for a year and walk away looking like a superhero.

Also, how many of these guys even claim they aren't juicing? Like not by omission, but literally "I do not take steroids." Gotta be near zero and that's for a reason.

A year? Most of these dudes are getting ripped in under 6 months.

Dec 2, 2020
Look, I get it, these guys are definitely taking some other shit while getting jacked.

But there is absolutely no shortcut when it comes to dieting- It is the staple of any growth or transformation. And that diet typically consists of a lot of chicken breast and broccoli. I believe it 100%

Many modern steroids accelerate the metabolism to the point where (depending on how much size you want to put on) you can easily eat what would be considered a bad diet if you were going to do it 100% clean.

When putting on serious muscle in a short time frame it would be near impossible to consume the 10,000+ calories per day needed by eating chicken breast and veggies lol.

I feel like it would be much better for men in general if actors just admitted they went on a cycle of HGH, TRT (prescribed by a doctor) etc to get in shape / gain the size necessary in such a ridiculously short time frame that studios demand.

Last edited:

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
"I didn't take steroids, I just successfully worked out six hours a day for four months without injury and ate 5,000 calories of chicken breast every day and lost 20lbs of fat and gained 40lbs of muscle and have veins on my face now. I'd never touched a weight before and am now twice as large as lifelong natural bodybuilders. My jawbones now stick out further than my ears do. Just good clean eating and exercise."

Oct 28, 2017
Many modern steroids accelerate the metabolism to the point where (depending on how much size you want to put on) you can easily eat what would be considered a bad diet if you were going to do it 100% clean.

When putting on serious muscle in a short time frame it would be near impossible to consume the 10,000+ calories per day needed by eating chicken breast and veggies lol.

I feel like it would be much better for men in general if actors just admired they went on a cycle of HGH, TRT (prescribed by a doctor) etc to get in shape / gain the size necessary in such a ridiculously short time frame that studios demand.
I mean, you could guzzle down oil for the calories but uh, yeah...