• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
No climbing, no running down buildings, just following the roads like everyone else....

I just want to feel like a normal person. Who else can climb and jump and shit? Only the soldiers. No one else. Everyone else is an orderly citizen. I want to be an orderly citizen too.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Are you the guy that reached max level in WoW just by picking flowers?

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I mean, for some missions isn't this the goal? To look as normal as possible and complete your objectives, it's a good series to have that feeling in lol. I remember getting really immersed in Unity after they patched it all up and found myself just walking around sometimes

Zen_Master

Nov 15, 2020
I feel spoiled by AC and sometimes need an adjustment period with other games that don't allow climbing to that extent, as my instinct is to just want to climb onto stuff to get to to the quest objective lol.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
I will never understand the appeal of being a "normal person" in a video game. You are a normal person. You don't need to play one on TV.

Also: you can walk around and not climb on things in Assassin's Creed. Just walk around and don't climb on things.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That's one of the reasons I love hitman, you can basically just walk around like a civilian for awhile and it takes the blending stuff farther than AC does.

The newer AC games bug me with how the controls changed so you always sprint, you used to have to hold the trigger for an aggressive mode which made the pacing feel more deliberate.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I slow-walked through a few locations in AC: Odyssey just for the immersion and to admire the environment, it definitely accomodates it well enough

everywhere else tho I was using the ridiculous ability you get that lets you survive any fall and was flyin all over the place.

myojinsoga

Oct 29, 2017
I get it. I mean you can do that - walk around like a normal person. I just wish there were more actions I could take that would support that illusion for a while.

J-Spot

Oct 27, 2017
The newer AC games bug me with how the controls changed so you always sprint, you used to have to hold the trigger for an aggressive mode which made the pacing feel more deliberate.
Valhalla makes you click the left stick. Personally I would have preferred it if they stuck with the perma-sprint but there are sections of the game where you need to walk to avoid drawing attention to yourself.

gimbles123

Oct 27, 2017
I did this at times throughout all the AC games. I find this works well with the 3 modern AC games since a lot of the side quests can be mundane in nature (e.g. kill the rabbits infesting a woman's cabbage patch)

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Discovery Tour removes combat, but you can still climb everywhere.

Watch Dogs Legion is a pretty good game to just walk around in. You can also snoop on people and hack drones while you're at it, nobody will notice.