• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just spent the last hour tearing my place apart looking for my glasses. I take them off when I go to bed and set them on my nightstand. I wake up this morning and they are just gone. As if they never existed. So fucking pissed right now. Can't even play TLOU2 cause I can't see shit.

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
Yes, and usually the object is in my hand or slightly adjacent to a spot I forgot where I left it. I have to turn my head to really miss it.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
I have had so many things drop to the floor and seemingly vanish in to the void when I go searching.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm pretty sure I'll find my primary set of car keys when my wife and I move from our current home, but for the life of me I don't have a clue where they went.

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
My copy of Pokemon Diamond and Fire Red. I have no idea where they could be, but I feel like they just disappeared one day.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My credit card has been missing for a few days now. I know its in one of my pockets somewhere, just dont feel like looking for it.

Oct 27, 2017
My copy of Batman Return of the Joke on the NES

I know I didn't hallucinate having it, cause I still have the instructions, but I have no idea where it went. It's been missing for like a decade now, so there's pretty much no chance of me ever finding it.

On a more recent note, I couldn't find my needle nose pliers for days. I even went as far as asking my fiancee if maybe she accidentally picked them up and took them home with her.
Turns out they were hiding under a Bumblebee toy, and the yellow and black handles blended in.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
My husband had a copy of NBA2K8 that he liked playing. We can't find it anywhere. I have literally checked every space/box in our house 4 times now looking for his video game. I cannot find it. IIt's just us two alone. I have no idea what could have happened to this game. I've even checked impractical places like inside of books or the fucking fridge because there is no place I haven't checked and this game does not exist anymore.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
They're under your bed, look again. Physically move the bed.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
My wedding ring.

I lost it about a year ago after taking it off to do some electrical work. Tore the house apart but never found it.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
My switch from when I moved. I have the dock, games, pro controller, charger but no switch.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah man Street Fighter 2 Turbo for my Genesis just disappeared one day. Never even found it when we moved. Pretty sure a "friend" yoinked it. Honestly sometimes I think about finding the fucker on Facebook and letting him know I know what he did.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Yea my Incubus - Morning View CD has been missing for 10+ years now. A total mystery.
Speaking of music, I've bought Metallica's Black Album three or four times because I keep losing it. Oh, I can find the case easy enough.. those don't go anywhere, I have a growing collection. But the discs inside? Gone, no idea.

I was tearing the place apart a few weeks ago looking for something, but now I can't even remember what it was I was looking for.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
As a guitar player, I have dropped a guitar pick mid playing, and when it hits the floor, its gone forever. I swear it just disappears into the ether.

Orbis

Oct 25, 2017
UK
We lost a vegetable peeler in the last 6 months or so, you kind of expect things to turn up after a week or so but this is absolutely definitely not coming back. I can only hope the dimension it ended up in had a better 2020 that this one.

WyLD iNk

Oct 27, 2017
Here, duh.
Yeah. Two weeks ago I had a half a case of Manzanita Sol vanish from my kitchen. My girlfriend is convinced that the kids that stay with our neighbor stole it, but I don't think some kids are going to manage to get into our place and steal ONLY a half a case of apple soda. Not when I have a room filled with hundreds of video games and assorted electronic goodies laying around.

No cats let out accidentally, nothing else missing, no sign of entry or cover up... I just don't buy it.

So where the actual fuck did it go?

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Pokemon... Sapphire I think? It's gone.

Like, it doesn't exist anymore. One day it was just gone. That was like... 15 years ago or some shit. Has never turned up. Room has been restructured loads of times since then. Still gone. What the fuck.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
A couple of months ago my fish vanished. I had a single danio in a tank and he disappeared. Completely vanished overnight. Still can't explain it.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Once lost a pair of jeans that I just have no clue where went. Also lost the wife. Barely seeing the kids anymore.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
As a guitar player, I have dropped a guitar pick mid playing, and when it hits the floor, its gone forever. I swear it just disappears into the ether.
I am pretty sure guitar picks have interdimensional capabilities when they fall for more than a foot. Sometimes they dont even make a sound when hitting the floor. The only logical conclusion is they didnt hit the floor because they transcended space and time.

May 1, 2020
I just lost a package that had come in a couple of weeks ago. I was gonna return it too. Now I can't even find the website I bought it from. I have no idea what's happening.

Also, this. I started playing last month and lost 3 picks already. Where the hell do they disappear to?!

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Wow, came into this thread to say exactly that - my glasses. Except I lost them at a restaurant, and I never saw them again. Just a few months old and set me back $700.

One tip for locating your glasses is to use your phone to help with your vision.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
My glasses, yes. Every single day.

I've outsourced the work of finding them most of the time, works out great.

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
My copies of Paper Mario and Super Mario 64, both many years apart. PM could have been stolen I guess? My sister used to have house parties and I wasn't always home. Weirdly specific thing to steal out of my room full of a gaming stuff. SM64 was years later when I lived with roommates and I lost it during a move, so someone may have accidentally packed it? Or I may have accidentally donated it? Still hoping to find that one one day.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I inexplicably lost my copy of Pokemon Yellow one day after accidentally dropping the cartridge on the floor.

My copy of Pokemon Diamond and Fire Red. I have no idea where they could be, but I feel like they just disappeared one day.
Pokemon... Sapphire I think? It's gone.

Like, it doesn't exist anymore. One day it was just gone. That was like... 15 years ago or some shit. Has never turned up. Room has been restructured loads of times since then. Still gone. What the fuck.

...Are Pokemon games designed to spontaneously combust upon shock impact?

ArtTeitlebaum

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Two tickets for a Jethro Tull concert dissolved into thin air. Fucking ruined my life for one month.
Found them two decades later in a book. Always suspected my wife to have used them as a bookmark.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
It was one of these OP

Make sure to have a Hero cat to take care of it like Drew Barrymore

mm04

Oct 27, 2017
Lost a remote control in my house. I live alone and don't have a lot of clutter so I'm completely baffled where it went. I've since sold the TV it belonged to (got another remote for free from Samsung). One of life's great mysteries where it vanished to.