• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Correct

36244.jpg

What the hell lol

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
Literally dont remember this boss, so Im assuming that it was not one I struggled at.

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
Wasn't there an issue with Ebrietas when the game first released where using rest mode too many times while playing BB would cause certain issues with a couple of bosses where they wouldn't perform certain attacks and the like? It made bosses like Ebrietas a lot of easier as they would just repeat certain attacks over and over and were a lot easier to deal with. I think it was patched out but I may be misrepresenting the whole thing, its been a while.

From Software's games must have some of the most byzantine codebases. If you look at say DS3 patch notes there is all kinds of really weird stuff fixed that should be easy to catch with automated tests, which I am pretty sure they do not have at all even for easy to test stuff like damage calculation systems.

With hitboxes the game seem to be basically "the larger the enemy, the worse the hitboxes".

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I do not remember struggling fighting her, but I am not shocked by the wonky hit boxes. Souls games are littered with them.

Deleted member 4552

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I beat her 1st time, guess I'm Neo 😎

Now Gascoigne, he took me three weeks to beat. How many typos did they put in his coding? 🤔

They funny thing about him is that he was Irish.
It's so rare to see, but the actor was from Ireland and he speaks with Irish colloquialisms, it blew my fucking mind when he said "Beashts, all over da shop"

Gascoigne is from the Norman's but more common in Scotland or England as a family name I think, though we do have some here aswell of course.

Raboon

Oct 30, 2017
First boss in a From game that made me want to pull out my hair. I legit did 50+ tries on this fucking boss before I called in for backup, I was about to uninstall until a friend joined my session and we killed it easy on the first try.

This thread made me feel a little better inside.
(Even tho my brother beat it on the first try and he still gives me shit about this, lol)

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bloodtinge build melts her so fast I don't really get hit by anything. I walk right up to her face when she's sleeping, hit her so hard it triggers a stagger and opens her up for a Visceral, and there goes half her HP. Her AOE stuff is pretty bullshit though. A Call Beyond can kill you even after you kill her, which has happened to me, but at least she's dead and you can just go back and collect everything you lost.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I don't remember this boss being that hard, but I do recall that there were a lot of rolling and close in shots.

Pelao

Banned
Jan 7, 2020
Chile
I always reach Ebrietas extremely leveled up so I don't recall ever having any issues with her.
Although I'm the kind of person who goes for the DLC immediately after Vicar Amelia every time, so every base game boss is kind of a joke after that.
I've only beaten vanilla Bloodborne once before buying old hunters, now the whole reason I replay the game is to play through Old Hunters, and the rest of the game after that becomes sort of a victory lap.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Cool
This should be patched soon along with the PS4 Pro Enhancements that should be happening any day now

Oct 27, 2017
Is like to say that explains why I couldn't kill her, but then it doesn't explain why I had serious trouble on a number of other bosses.

Thank fuck for summoning frankly and the kind people who helped me finish the game.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
this guy gal is tough but not really THAT difficult.

they need to research on the hitbox and collision detection of watchdog of the old lords and Loran Darkbeast though...

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
I never noticed either. I remember watching the trailer Project Beast being really excited to how it would be like in the game. When I finally met the boss, it might have been one of the easiest bosses I've encountered only second to the Witch of Hemwick that it was pretty close to being unforgettable. I was kind of expecting something more creepy and surreal moving around like an octopus. A call beyond is one garbage attack move I've ever faced especially when it comes to Micolash which Ebrietas uses.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I've certainly been hit by that quite a few times and felt it was "off" but I ended up dodging a different direction and it was somewhat fine. I still think it is a great boss and fight in general. There are some worse offenders for From's hitboxes or in games in general. I still have nightmares about G-Rank Plesioth hip checks.