• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
V A L I D A T I O N
V I N D I C A T I O N

Fuck this boss fight into the earth and salt it. Still my second favourite game this gen but I always hated this boss on my runs. Helping strangers out and absolutely destroying her was cathartic in ways few games manage.

~*~​

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
Another example of From's baffling and total amateurism. (/s)

While this is unfortunate I can't recall ever having real troubles with Ebrietas on my playthroughs.
Once you've determined "this is the head and this is the ass", just spank it.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Yep, seems like a misclick in this case. Doubt it will ever be fixed.

I always assume it's just me standing too close from the attack, since the tentacle is moving so fast it's really hard to see the precise range.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
The one thing I always hated about the damn charge attack is how it'd do more damage if you got hit by the tentacles instead. So it becomes a case of I hope I get hit by by another part instead lol

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Holy shit, I knew something was wrong. Ebrietas was by far the hardest boss for me in Bloodborne because that tentacle always got me

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Completely missed this boss (and that whole area) the first time I played. Its not the best optional area, and the brain sucker guys can go to hell.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
I had to google because I didn't even remember this boss lol. And I platinumed the game! Never really was much of an issue for me I think then.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I beat her 1st time, guess I'm Neo 😎

Now Gascoigne, he took me three weeks to beat. How many typos did they put in his coding? 🤔

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Tbh I found much more difficult evading her charge attack.
But that because I stubbornly stayed In front of her to hit the head.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
She should be notorious for being a pushover.
tenor.gif

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I just stand there and take it head-on when she charges. Her tentacle hitbox does like twice as much damage as her head and you aren't dodging that shit so it's pretty much all you can do.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So BB gets away with bad hitboxes but DS2 doesn't? Checkmate. DS2 is still king!

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Honestly, I never had an issue with her and I fought her on at least three playthroughs. I guess I always positioned myself in the right spot.

Oct 27, 2017
Ya know, I had a lot of trouble back then fighting her, and I always thought her hit box was completely off in that game. Now I know why.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sonofabitch, I seem to remember an attack where I had to run that much further away to dodge because I still got hit.

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
That's funny, this was the second easiest boss in the game for me. I guess I got lucky, lol.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I struggled with that fight. It's been a long time but I remember there was a charge attack that one hit killed me a lot, even though it seemed like I dodged in time. Not sure if that's related or not.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
This boss was stupid and we all knew why. At least this explains it!

Also, it's charge attack was shitty too.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
HOLY SHIT THANK YOU. I always have so much fucking trouble fighting her that I started to think I was the problem.

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
Ebrietas was kinda easy and I can't really say I've been caught by that. Get something on OoK so I can justify being consistently mauled by him for weeks, please.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The hit boxes in BB and DS can be extremely wonky then at the same time extremely precise. Not surprised to see that.

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Did you play Dark Souls 3? Even Bloodborme DLC bosses were far more challenging
I did and I've beaten every boss in DS3 (including DLC). Bloodborne was my first Souls game however, so it was more of a struggle for me. By the time I got around to Bloodborne DLC I had already platinumed it, and was very familiar with the game, so those bosses while hard, weren't as hard as Ebrietas.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
I love the Bloodborne deep divers who continue to unearth all this stuff about the game.

Ebrietas really only cheaped me up if I somehow lost track of where I was and got stuck between her and a wall. Still a tricky fight for an old, rusty fool like me.

Those little spider fuckers that Rom spawns, however. Those things were the bane of my existence in the Chalice Dungeon because they seemed to hit me no matter where I was.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did and I've beaten every boss in DS3 (including DLC). Bloodborne was my first Souls game however, so it was more of a struggle for me. By the time I got around to Bloodborne DLC I had already platinumed it, and was very familiar with the game, so those bosses while hard, weren't as hard as Ebrietas.
I died way more to Ebrietas than I did to any boss in DS3 (which wasn't too bad overall).

It was the boss that made me quit Bloodborne, too.
I thought she was really easy, laughably so. Just get behind her, get in between her legs (her ass?) and spam attack. She can't hit you at all, apart from maybe laser attack? By the time she charges up, she's dead.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I thought she was really easy, laughably so. Just get behind her, get in between her legs (her ass?) and spam attack. She can't hit you at all, apart from maybe laser attack? By the time she charges up, she's dead.
I had better luck not getting close to her since it lets you read her charge attack that kills you in one hit. I didn't know about the laser attack, though, and that was my "fuck that" moment. I didn't get close to her in the last phase since her blood barrier or whatever drained me too quick.
It took five minutes to beat that boss for me, why is she considered to be so hard?
Different playstyles, weapons, or level, I imagine.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
Yeah I just got behind her and spammed attack. Surprised to see people struggled with her but I can understand if you employed a different strat, especially due to the disjointed hitbox.