• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
My Vovo has always had a cookie jar. When I'd sleep over her house as a kid on days when my mother worked I'd always get out of bed at night and quietly try and steal some cookies. She's a very light sleeper and her bedroom is directly next to the dining room where the cookie jar is so about half the time I got caught as the floor creaked no matter how careful I tried to be.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
OP thanks for reminding me to get those DELICIOUS chocolate chip cookies from Costco when I get my groceries from them on Tuesday...

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
I'm always sneaking various foods

I gotta sneak otherwise my fiancee might hear what I'm upto and tell me not to do it

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
Growing up, my parents didn't really keep much junk food around the house, including cookies (which would have just been in the package anyway, not a cookie jar).
But I was also the kid who felt like I needed to ask my mom for permission to get a glass of water if it was outside of mealtimes, so I wouldn't have snuck one anyway. :P

Now I live by myself, so there's no sneaking necessary.

Mesoian

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 28, 2017
I just slipped back into bed with two brownies.

I'm gonna get crumbs everywhere.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
When I was a kid, I used to say "this is a sneaking mission, Vex" as I narrated over my stealthy approach to candy and other treats. Whenever I'd hit a roadblock, Id pretend to put my finger up to my ear while crouching and ask for strategies over codec conversation.

Deraldin

Oct 25, 2017
Not when I was a kid. I'm not sure it would ever have crossed my mind to try to sneak cookies in the middle of the night.

What I did do was take extra cookies when I did have permission.

"Can I have some Oreos?"
"You can have 2 Oreos."
"Okay" *takes 3 Oreos!*

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I don't need to "sneak" into the kitchen to grab some cookies if I wanted some. But then I rarely have them in the house anymore anyway. When I was five, I used to get up late at night to grab a few pieces of the pink peppermint ice (white chocolate filled with crushed peppermint) and mint chocolate candies we would occasionally get from our local Fannie May though. Those pink peppermint candies were the best thing ever. The chocolates with the green mint center are generally disgusting from every other source, but great from Fannie May for whatever reason.

Growing up I had free access to the grandparents' stash of snack cakes and cookies, but never went overboard or anything. Usually it might have made me less hungry when it was time for a proper meal, but I was always rail thin as a kid anyway, so I could get away eating whatever whenever.

Last edited:

Deleted member 26398

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't sneak or get cookies from cookie jar but I do wake up in the middle of the night to get junk food and eat them with guilt (still worth it).

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I was only thinking of this the other day as something you only see in films.

I don't mean just cookies, but waking up and going to the fridge for any food. When I wake up eating is the last thing on my mind

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
Why would you put cookies in a jar? It's the wrong shape to fill it with cookies, just use Tupperware.
Also, when I make cookies they're done in like an hour, so I don't think I've ever had cookies laying around my house at night.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
If you make cookies then yes... something to store them in isn't so crazy. Probably less common now because of plastic containers.

Why would you put cookies in a jar? It's the wrong shape to fill it with cookies, just use Tupperware.
Also, when I make cookies they're done in like an hour, so I don't think I've ever had cookies laying around my house at night.

You mean if you make cookies you always eat them all the same day? I just made some chocolate chip and there were like 24 cookies...

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Why would I sneak in my own home? Anyone wants to judge me over what I do in my home will not be in this home anymore. Can sleep with the animals outside. Disowned. No family ties. No soup for them.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Never had a cookie jar but yeah, I wouldn't call it sneaking either.

edit: I also feel like the one time I ever got a cookie out of a jar it was super stale, I'm a soft cookie kinda person.

Last edited:

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Did this plenty of times as a kid growing up. My dad would stay awake on the couch watching TV, so I literally had to sneak in thenkitchen for late night snacks.

My kids do it too and have been caught many times. I actually had to get s timer lock on the pantry to prevent the unapproved midnight snacks.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
7612d23fc4966e00d0d7d670809198344209ce81bad9a276cb6261b96ac8e212_1.jpg

Can't say I ever had to sneak to eat anything. My parents didn't care other than ask me where I am going if they are awake.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
When I was a kid we had a cookie jar, But everyone was too lazy to put cookies in, so we just ate the cookies out of the package while the jar sat empty.

I think the premise was you put homemade cookies in the jar, but those never lasted more than five minutes in my house. Lol.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
My brother, when he was three or four, managed to climb onto the counter, get into my mom's stash of hard candy, transfer the hard candy from the box to a kettle, put the box back, and sneak the kettle out of the kitchen

He got caught because he was crunching the candy loudly under the couch but still

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
LOL, we had an actual cookie jar in my childhood home. I don't actual remember ever getting up in the middle of the night to get any cookies, but I can't rule it out. I think I got up to get crackers and water occasionally.

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
We used to keep cereal in these containers (which was better than dealing with the bag). Every so while I would get hungry and take a few pieces of Froot Loops. I got caught once and never did it again.

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
why would i sneak? i just go into the kitchen and get something quick to eat if i wake up at like 3 or 4am and i'm hungry.

sometimes it'll be cookies, sometimes it might be pickles, hell sometimes i'll legit make a meal (and by meal i mean like 'microwave something small like a sandwich and have some chips or something) if my stomach is growling to the point where i'm in legit pain cuz i need food