• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nikole Mitchell, though she was raised and active within the Baptist church, has undergone a very radical transformation over the past few years that left much of the witnesses with whiplash.

Mitchell became a part of the Woodland Hills Church, a very staunchly conservative and Evangelical megachurch in St. Paul, Minnesota.

As time went on, she worked herself up through the ranks and became the pastor of the church, until 2016, when something changed within her.

After attending an LGBTQ+ play in 2016, Mitchell said she realized she wasn't completely straight.

"It rocked my world," she said.

After Mitchell had this realization, she began to feel as though she was living a "duplicitous" life.

So one day she gave a sermon at her parish and never came back.

More at:
www.comicsands.com

Evangelical Pastor And Mother Of 3 Comes Out As Bisexual—Then Quits The Church And Joins OnlyFans

Nikole Mitchell, upon realizing that she was bisexual, made a big change and is living her truest life.

Sermonize if old

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
I love stories like this, when people escape the shackles of religion and discover the life which awaits them on the other side. Always makes me smile.

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That Instagram post embedded in the story read more like a self-help book than anything else.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
It really is crazy how much happier you can be once you put this together. You can go your whole life thinking it doesn't matter, turns out it does. A lot. Good for her.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Wait a second............................ her youtube video titles read like a linkedin timeline 🤔

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is she still religious? I got the impression she still believed but was being true to herself.
Yeah she is still religious. She is just now experiencing freedom from being under the strict watch of her church community.
On her website she says "I left the Christian faith"

About Nikole Mitchell

Want to learn more about how this St. Paul feminist went from broke and exhausted to abundantly happy? Click the link to read more about Nikole Mitchell!

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
She was at Woodland Hills. That church is interesting and not quite hardcore evangelical. They lost half their membership years back for being staunchly anti-war and refusing to back GOP candidates. Though they still aren't progressive in allowing LGBTQ staff, they are fairly lenient. Not saying they're right at all, but not quite the pivot as to say being a staunch Southern Baptist.

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
She was at Woodland Hills. That church is interesting and not quite hardcore evangelical. They lost half their membership years back for being staunchly anti-war and refusing to back GOP candidates. Though they still aren't progressive in allowing LGBTQ staff, they are fairly lenient. Not saying they're right at all, but not quite the pivot as to say being a staunch Southern Baptist.
I was about to say, any church that has women in leadership roles isn't "staunchly conservative".

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I went from being a Southern Baptist Youth Minister to joining the game industry and working on Saints Row. I've already titled my eventual autobiography, "From Pulpit to Penetrator"

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Seems right. Spirituality(?) and religious beliefs are probably fine in principle but organized christian religions are trash.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
That's pretty freaking awesome. Now she does what she loves, lives how she wants to live, and makes probably some pretty decent money. That's the dream right there.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was about to say, any church that has women in leadership roles isn't "staunchly conservative".

I was thinking the same thing. I was going to a Methodist church in the 90's as a kid and it was pretty crazy thinking back that I had several woman pastors. Then again a lot of Methodists seem pretty laid back and accepting for Christians in my experience.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Always be who you are, not who other people want you to be. Glad she figured out who she was.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Sold a hundred pounds and gave ten percent to the pastor (church)

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good example for those "people only do sex work to survive" folks from the recent thread about sex workers that such a mindset is bullshit and some people really do find the work to be enjoyable and affirming.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
And there's scores more people just like her, primed for just Kool-Aid Manning through a brick wall of strict religious conformity so that they can live their best lives.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Lmfao. Love it.

I live in the Bible belt, surrounded by churches. You wouldn't happen to be from Florida would you?

South Carolina. I ended up have a "peek behind the curtain" moment during my ministry and realized how much of it was performative nonsense, and the hypocrisy therein wore on me. I couldn't reconcile the actual teachings of Jesus with the mentality/hypocrisy of my fellow ministers and members of the congregation, so I left and never looked back. I now live my life doing something I love, while trying to at least live my life in a way that is in the spirit of what I found most important about Jesus' teachings, which boils down to "be kind to others."

I honestly felt better once I realized that throughout my life, before I even became "Christian", that I didn't need a book to tell me that, as it was something I just inherently did already. Christianity, especially the modern evangelical version, seemingly exists to amplify hate coded as "love." Having a biblical knowledge at least allows me to corner people in arguments, to the point where my remaining evangelical family won't even talk religion and politics to me anymore. Heh.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Good example for those "people only do sex work to survive" folks from the recent thread about sex workers that such a mindset is bullshit and some people really do find the work to be enjoyable and affirming.

At least we've gone a whole page without people making jokes or acting grossed out. Progress!