• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
WTF? What a goddamn psycho!
Yeah, even though I really like his trilogy of 90's albums (Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals, Holy Wood), I completely bounced off him quickly after because the content of his songs, the titles and some of the accompanying video's just seemed like the mad ramblings of a severely disturbed individual and I just didn't feel comfortable listening to that at all.

I just saw a video he apparently released as promotion of his website and it's very clearly a video of him punching Evan Rachel Wood. It's fucking disgusting.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Forgive my ignorance, but what does "grooming" mean in this context?
It means friending someone, making sure they start trusting the abuser, to make sure that they start thinking the abusive behavior can't be abuse because it comes from a trusted person. Basically it is upfront gaslighting. Because if this trusted person is doing it, it must be normal behavior and not abuse.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I always thought that "grooming" meant showing interest in the younger party before they come of age, then advancing to romantic pursuit once it's technically legal.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
I always thought that "grooming" meant showing interest in the younger party before they come of age, then advancing to romantic pursuit once it's technically legal.

It's one definition of it, yes. Another example of "of-age" grooming would be the NXIVM cult, where it starts off as 'self-help and getting a shoe into Hollywood' and ends in sexual assault.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I presume he's been waiting for the bell to toll ever since #MeToo happened. It's taken a while.
Sure, when McGowan came out, he was talking about how this should be done with the police, not in the media. So he is confident/arrogant enough that it won't stick in court but he knows he'd lose a trial in the media.

If you have something to say you should say it to the police and not to the press and handle it that way first and foremost, and that's what I would do.

"I don't disagree with how she's handling it… I just disagree with the entire snowball effect that's happened that could ruin a lot of people's lives that don't need to be ruined."

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
www.eonline.com

Rose McGowan Applauds Evan Rachel Wood for Coming Forward With Marilyn Manson Abuse Claims - E! Online

Rose McGowan, who was previously engaged to Marilyn Manson, is standing in solidarity with Evan Rachel Wood, who claimed the singer "horrifically abused" her.

Following Evan's public statement on Instagram, Rose, 47, took to Twitter to show her support.

"I stand with Evan Rachel Wood and other brave women who have come forward," the Charmed actress shared. "It takes years to recover from abuse and I send them strength on their journey to recovery. Let the truth be revealed. Let the healing begin."

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Always seemed like a creeper, enjoyed some of his songs in the past but good ridddance.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Part about him having said in publicly released interview that one of his reoccurring fantasies is destroying Evan's head with sledgehammer and no one apparently bat fucking eye is fucked.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Part about him having said in publicly released interview that one of his reoccurring fantasies is destroying Evan's head with sledgehammer and no one apparently bat fucking eye is fucked.
I'm sure some people did bat a eye at his comments over the years, but you and I know that he and his fans would quickly argue that "it's just a act, a persona! He doesn't ACTUALLY thinks this stuff!".

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I did, up until all this surfaced. Can you loosen up with the personal attacks on people who were just listening to music?

People still defending him are tools though.

No. I won't loosen up on people who listen to a pro-fascist and racist shock rocker who drops the n word in his music and writes albums about killing women in 2021.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
No. I won't loosen up on people who listen to a pro-fascist and racist shock rocker who drops the n word in his music and writes albums about killing women in 2021.
If I had to jettison every repulsive person's work from my music collection I'd have much less to listen to, so I couldn't disagree more.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
If I had to jettison every repulsive person's work from my music collection I'd have much less to listen to, so I couldn't disagree more.

Are the others in your collection racist too?

Charlyne Yi Accuses Marilyn Manson of Sexual Harassment, Says He Called Her 'China Man'

www.indiewire.com

Charlyne Yi Accuses Marilyn Manson of Sexual Harassment, Says He Called Her ‘China Man’

It allegedly happened on the set of "House."

Last edited:

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit. It look like the goth 🤡 got dropped from American Gods too. Hahaha. Get fucked.

Two US TV networks have also severed ties with the singer. AMC announced that Manson's forthcoming appearance in Creepshow has been axed, while Starz have cut the singer's performance in an upcoming episode of American Gods.

In a statement, Starz said: "Due to the allegations made against Marilyn Manson, we have decided to remove his performance from the remaining episode he is in, scheduled to air later this season. Starz stands unequivocally with all victims and survivors of abuse."

www.loudersound.com

US Senator calls for FBI investigation into Marilyn Manson

California state senator Susan Rubio demands FBI investigate Marilyn Manson – as singer denies abuse allegations

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
It means friending someone, making sure they start trusting the abuser, to make sure that they start thinking the abusive behavior can't be abuse because it comes from a trusted person. Basically it is upfront gaslighting. Because if this trusted person is doing it, it must be normal behavior and not abuse.
Thank you for the answer. I appreciate it.

Nov 2, 2017
User banned (permanent): Trolling about rape and suicide. Previous infractions for inflammatory trolling and rape victim blaming.
won't be surprised if we get a suicide soon.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Wes Borland (Limp Bizkit guitarist and former Marilyn Manson guitarist for ~9 months in 2008-2009) abruptly says in interview (when not even asked about it) that the Manson stuff is all true and he's a bad fucking guy.

www.metalsucks.net

Former Marilyn Manson Guitarist Wes Borland (Limp Bizkit) Calls Shock Rocker "A Bad F*cking Guy"

Limp Bizkit's Wes Borland, who briefly played in Marilyn Manson's band, calls him "a bad f*cking guy," stating all the accusations are true.

His quotes in the article transcribed from the podcast :
"Can I say something right now, real quick?

"Marilyn Manson… I was in the band for nine months. He's not a great guy. Every single thing that people have said about him is fucking true. So relax about the allegations towards the women… like when people say [bad things about] these women that are coming after him right now… fuck off, they are speaking the truth.

"I'm sorry to everyone on this podcast right now who doesn't like this. But that guy, he's amazingly talented, but he's fucked up and he needs to be put in check and he needs to get sober and he needs to come to terms with his demons. He is a bad fucking guy.

"I was there when he was with Evan Rachel Wood, I was at his house, it's not fucking cool. That's all I'm gonna say about it.

"If anyone is coming after these girls and going like, 'You blah blah blah, this and that,' fuck you, that's all I'm gonna say.

"Sorry to take this to a dark place, but that guy is canceled, goodbye, don't let the door hit you on the way out."

He tried to choke me out on stage and I flipped him over and knocked the breath out of him. He's not a great guy. Goodbye.

"My apologies. I was the biggest fan and [now] I am not."

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Wes Borland (Limp Bizkit guitarist and former Marilyn Manson guitarist for ~9 months in 2008-2009) abruptly says in interview (when not even asked about it) that the Manson stuff is all true and he's a bad fucking guy.

www.metalsucks.net

Former Marilyn Manson Guitarist Wes Borland (Limp Bizkit) Calls Shock Rocker "A Bad F*cking Guy"

Limp Bizkit's Wes Borland, who briefly played in Marilyn Manson's band, calls him "a bad f*cking guy," stating all the accusations are true.

Wes Borland didn't even sugar-coat given his past connection with Manson. Straight to the point. Nice one Wes and well said!

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Trying to choke out your bandmates doesn't seem totally out of character given the accusations from women, what a POS.

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Trying to choke out your bandmates doesn't seem totally out of character given the accusations from women, what a POS.

Yeah, typical idiot POS behaviour. Didn't Trent Reznor disown Manson as his protege because Manson's ego sabotaged their relationship? Clearly he grew too big for his shoes and thought he could just bully and abuse bandmates and women. What a garbage human-being.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017

www.metalsucks.net

Hell yeah.

I can't wait for The Gothic Thumb to use his next album to explain how it was all consensual. Assuming he doesn't die in prison like the other Manson. 🤞

www.metalsucks.net

I remember that I stopped liking Wes for something but in the mean time that statement was :chefkiss.

The funny thing is that he was assaulting bandmates since the begining John 5 hates him now and he says Rob Zombie is the best bandmate ever and all of Zombie's exmates hate him and say he is a pain in the ass.

He gaslighted Madonna Stacy out of all the bands money.

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
That woman was meant to look like Evan Rachel Wood. That whole thing was about how he wanted to murder her.

...what in the hell. I like a lot of his older music but stopped following at some point. If he actually was "ok" to some partners in the more distant past (which I think is speculative) , did he turn into this kind of person over time?

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
...what in the hell. I like a lot of his older music but stopped following at some point. If he actually was "ok" to some partners in the more distant past (which I think is speculative) , did he turn into this kind of person over time?

The mask started slipping during Eat Me Drink Me. The mask was off, without shame, during High End of Low. He went full "I want to kill women" at that point. I knew it wasn't a gimmick at that point.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017

Personally, I stopped buying his stuff or following the band after about 2004 (no reason really. I just moved on from them). I saw them live on the Golden Age of Grotesque tour. Beyond being just controversial in general especially to the religious protesters outside his venues, I was never really aware he is generally a complete prick and abuser in his personal life. But I guess if he is now, he likely always was.

Last edited:

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
I saw him live once opening for a band and it was clear then (as it is clear now) that the guy needs some serious help and abuses substances. The fact that he abuses substances and does heinous shit to women is even more gross.

I'm hoping no one from the metal music community tries to leap in front of him and protect him for this. So far I've been seeing a lot of support for the victims, which is a nice change of pace considering how the community generally handled these kinds of things barely a decade ago.

Bandmates it was since ever on stage not much behind and for partners DVT actually has said that before marriage he was a really different person.

I saw him live once opening for a band and it was clear then (as it is clear now) that the guy needs some serious help and abuses substances.

I think that him doing harm to himself is what made people not bat an eye to the other stuff but In a suicide pact there are at least two people after all...

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
There is that music video where Manson is seen beating a woman looking like Evan, said to be an actress for the scene.

Came across this today that apparently Evan's back tattoo can be seen briefly in the video and that woman getting beaten in the video is actually her, Evan, https://marilynmansonisabusive.blogspot.com/2020/05/prints-of-two-videos-where-manson.html

Came across the link here https://twitter.com/RichardOcelot/status/1304832575903592450, he has compiled few threads (older and more current) about Manson's abusive behavior.

Aaand there is now IG account collecting records of Manson's abusive behaviuor that is available in public domain, NSFW content as there is descriptions and pictures of violence: https://www.instagram.com/mansonisabusive/?igshid=hs0cque2ubws

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
There is that music video where Manson is seen beating a woman looking like Evan, said to be an actress for the scene.

Came across this today that apparently Evan's back tattoo can be seen briefly in the video and that woman getting beaten in the video is actually her, Evan, https://marilynmansonisabusive.blogspot.com/2020/05/prints-of-two-videos-where-manson.html

Came across the link here https://twitter.com/RichardOcelot/status/1304832575903592450, he has compiled few threads (older and more current) about Manson's abusive behavior.

Aaand there is now IG account collecting records of Manson's abusive behaviuor that is available in public domain, NSFW content as there is descriptions and pictures of violence: https://www.instagram.com/mansonisabusive/?igshid=hs0cque2ubws

this is horrific 😢

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like he is not only a rapist, but also a pedophile, a racist, and a bigot. Crossing off the checklist here. Lock his ass in prison and throw away the keys.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Yeah I found that blogspot last night, really fucked up. Torturing people for his '''''''art'''''''.

There is an old 90s VHS that almost nobody has scene which apparently features an act so bad that Manson tried to keep it under wraps cause he feared prison, sometime back in 96. It is also on that blogspot I think but there's only a few seconds of the video available publicly. It looks like a bit of an Ian Watkins type of rabbithole with this guy.

Now I'm seeing an extract from MM's memoir that he and Reznor assaulted a woman in the 90s, which Trent denies (and has done so previously)
www.theguardian.com

Trent Reznor: sexual assault story in Marilyn Manson memoir is 'fabrication'

Nine Inch Nails frontman claims Manson invented recirculated story in memoir, as Manson is accused by further women of abuse, which he denies

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
There is an old 90s VHS that almost nobody has scene which apparently features an act so bad that Manson tried to keep it under wraps cause he feared prison, sometime back in 96. It is also on that blogspot I think but there's only a few seconds of the video available publicly. It looks like a bit of an Ian Watkins type of rabbithole with this guy.

I read about that short too. Apparently Manson was 100% for releasing it, but his agent at the time told him not to release it after seeing it. His agent felt that if public saw it that short would be grounds to drag Manson into court and very likely to land him into jail.

I bet that fucker has every single audio recording, tape and picture he has ever done about people he has abused and tortured neatly available in some room.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
More news from today.

Marilyn Manson Allegedly Told Phoebe Bridgers He Had a 'Rape Room': 'I Stopped Being a Fan'

"The label knew, management knew, the band knew," the Grammy-nominated singer contends. "Distancing themselves now, pretending to be shocked and horrified is f—ing pathetic"

people.com

Marilyn Manson Allegedly Told Phoebe Bridgers He Had a 'Rape Room': 'I Stopped Being a Fan'

"The label knew, management knew, the band knew," the Grammy-nominated singer contends. "Distancing themselves now, pretending to be shocked and horrified is f—ing pathetic"

Also

www.tmz.com

Cops Swarm Marilyn Manson's L.A. Home for Welfare Check

Cops swarm Marilyn Manson's Hollywood Hills home after friend requests welfare check.

Marilyn Manson's home was swarming with cops after a worried friend called concerned for the singer's well-being... saying they'd been unable to get in touch with him for hours.

Manson's PR team ended up calling the police to tell them he's fine.

Oct 27, 2017
More news from today.

people.com

Also

www.tmz.com

Cops Swarm Marilyn Manson's L.A. Home for Welfare Check

Cops swarm Marilyn Manson's Hollywood Hills home after friend requests welfare check.

Manson's PR team ended up calling the police to tell them he's fine.
I wish creepy musician guys would leave Bridgers alone.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. I didn't realize that ten women have come forward now. Including this,

New Accuser Says MARILYN MANSON Pulled A Gun On Her For No Reason

"I remember thinking, oh my god, am I going to die? I felt powerless, I felt stunned and I was shocked. I was in this state where I was asking myself, isn't he too famous to kill me? I remember all these thoughts flashing through my head, and here I was, this young 20-year-old stylist just trying to get the job done and I was met with a Glock."

As Manson pulled the trigger, he let out a laugh and said, "I don't like f—ts," Love Bailey said. She believes it was a way for Warner to "scare me into submission, so I wouldn't talk," explained Bailey, who is trans.

Love Bailey immediately left after the incident. She is reporting the incident to California state senator Susan Rubio, who has demanded an investigation be opened into Manson's alleged crimes.

metalinjection.net

New Accuser Says MARILYN MANSON Pulled A Gun on Her For No Reason

The floodgates have seemingly opened and more women have come forward with allegations of abuse directed at shock rocker Marilyn Manson. After actress Evan Rachel Wood named Manson as her abuser yesterday (Feb 1st.), and followed by four other women's admissions of abuse, new info has come to light

This guy needs to be arrested.

mantidor

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure some people did bat a eye at his comments over the years, but you and I know that he and his fans would quickly argue that "it's just a act, a persona! He doesn't ACTUALLY thinks this stuff!".

Yeah, as I mentioned before I stopped listening to him after Mechanical Animals, not really out of anything "bad" about the lyrics, but just that I moved on, and really his whole act was about being a satanist and anti church and anti "family values" which I totally get behind. This misogynistic shit of later albums is honestly shocking for me, so yeah fuck him, his whole act didn't start that way though.