• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
what do you mean by IP?
Songs, ideas, etc.

But, she says, "what if it's really your intellectual property that's been stolen? What if it's not you being a muse, but being a partner who is giving time and intellectual thought and lyrics or screenplays or whatever it might be?"

Did that happen to her? "Of course. Of course it did. Everybody would be like, 'You're his muse.' But it always rankled. It makes it sound like you sit there at the window looking winsomely out at the garden while someone paints you. Fuck that."

For the purposes of clarity, I ask her if it's Manson we're talking about. "He's not the only one. No, that would be pretty much all of them." She also had a relationship with the director Robert Rodriguez, referred to in the book as RR, and was married for a time to the artist Davey Detai

www.irishtimes.com

Rose McGowan: ‘I am not defined by my rapist. I’ve talked about him quite enough’

The actor on #MeToo, Harvey Weinstein and why Sinéad O’Connor was ‘100% right’

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
  • She was 18, he was 36
  • Groomed her
  • Forced her to look certain ways or he would name call and ridicule her
  • Made her cut off all close friends and family
  • Bouts of extreme jealousy, resulting in him recking their home, cornering her in a room, threatening her
  • Threatened others with force or legal action if they tried to expose him
  • He bragged about being able to have people killed because he was friends with multiple gangs
  • He illegally collected data on people that he could use as blackmail
  • Monitored her cell phone, put spyware on her computer, and hacked into her emails/social media accounts so she could not reach out for help
  • Broke her down through means of starvation, sleep deprevation, and threats against her life, sometimes with deadly weapons
  • Would not allow her to sleep until she participated in acts of fear, pain, torture, and humiliation
  • He videotaped much of it, where he can be heard threatening to kill her, her friends, and/or members of her family
  • He threatened to leak parts of these tapes and photographs he took as a way to keep her quiet
  • She mustered the courage to leave several times but would call her incessantly threatening to kill himself
  • Tied her up by her hands and feet and beat her, shocked sensitive parts of her body with a torture device called a violet wand
  • She submitted these tapes to the state/police but it could not be viewed because the statute of limitations on the case has run out

What an absolutely vile monster. He needs to be locked up ASAP. I hope she gets justice.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
I'd been completely ignorant up until the last thread on this, and stopped listening to the music after that. At least this 100% confirms it.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Wait. This dipshit is in American Gods? Oh boy. Was the show desperate for attention or something?

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
This is horrible and Manson sucks. She has my greatest sympathy.

I will say though this is not a surprise to me. Like at all. Manson basically wore being an abuser on his sleeve.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad she was finally able to name him. He is a monster and should be in jail.

Also for people asking why she didn't name him during the court/twitter accusations I recall her writing that he threatened her if she named the abuser. I'll look for the tweet.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
Well goddamn. I had a friend who mentioned her aunt had worked with him and had non-specific shitty interactions with him, and that she was turned off his music after that, and this was literally 20 years ago.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Not shocked but really really disgusted. This guy was open about videotaping his fans being physically and mentally tortured for his own entertainment backstage. I always just assumed I was a bit prudish to judge him for it.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Wait. This dipshit is in American Gods? Oh boy. Was the show desperate for attention or something?

dude was in Once Upon A Time, the most mainstream fantasy show of the last 20 years as the voice of Peter Pan's shadow.

Was in Salem, was in Sons of Anarchy. Was in New Pope. That's just stuff off the top of my head.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017

variety.com

Marilyn Manson Dropped by Record Label Amid Evan Rachel Wood Abuse Allegations

In the wake of Evan Rachel Wood’s allegations of "horrific" abuse against Marilyn Manson, Loma Vista Records has parted ways with the singer.

Manson is going show us it's possible to be less irrelevant than the literal definition of irrelevant.

dude was in Once Upon A Time, the most mainstream fantasy show of the last 20 years as the voice of Peter Pan's shadow.

Was in Salem, was in Sons of Anarchy. Was in New Pope. That's just stuff off the top of my head.

Thank you for proving my point.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada

I was surprised by that guest appearance in The New Pope, not in a good way, just in a "wtf ... that's him?" kind of way.

Cancel the fuck outta him, won't be missed.

Nov 2, 2017
between him and that Archie maniac. I have a feeling that there are a lot more of these criminal psychopaths on a celebrity level.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
marilyn-manson-dropped.jpg

I love the picture Rolling Stone used when reporting on this.

www.rollingstone.com

Marilyn Manson Dropped by Record Label, Booking Agent After Abuse Allegations

Marilyn Manson's record label, Loma Vista Recordings, has dropped him after several women, including Evan Rachel Wood, accused him of abuse.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I always assumed it was Marilyn Manson when she referred to her past abuse. Even though I like quite a few of his early albums, the dude himself just always gave off bad vibes IMO.

Hope she gets some justice and very brave of her to publicly share this.

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad she finally felt she could safely name him as her abuser. It's been a pretty open secret for some time now, but hopefully this helps brings some form of justice and healing for his victims. Just a couple weeks ago when it was his birthday I saw several celebrities wishing him happy birthday on IG. It was really gross. The people that have enabled him and covered for him need to be called out too.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ. Poor Evan.

He's a sick fuck. And yeah I always assumed he was the one she was talking about previously.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
That woman was meant to look like Evan Rachel Wood. That whole thing was about how he wanted to murder her.
Didn't he also write a song literally called "I Want to Kill You Like They Do in the Movies", which was apparently based on his relationship with Evan Rachel Wood?

That should've been one helluva red flag.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Youtube "Marilyn Manson Disneyworld" to witness Manson trying to get Twiggy to expose himself in front of children at Disneyworld in the 90's.

Dude has always been an abusive pos.

Darth Pinche

Oct 27, 2017
I give my deepest respect to Evan Rachel Wood for sharing her experience in order to help others and pass that law.

Fuck Marilyn Manson, I hope he will be forgotten as I am sure that will hurt him the most.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Manson responds.

Warner addressed the allegations Monday night via Instagram. "Obviously, my art and life have long been magnets for controversy, but these recent claims about me are horrible distortions of reality." Warner wrote on Instagram. "My intimate relationships have always been entirely consensual with like-minded partners. Regardless of how – and why – others are now choosing to misrepresent the past, that is the truth."

So does AMC.

AMC Networks, the owner of the network Shudder that was set to show Warner as an actor in the upcoming Creepshow anthology, told Vanity Fair that they would not show the segment following Monday's allegations.

www.rollingstone.com

Marilyn Manson Calls Sexual, Physical Abuse Allegations 'Horrible Distortions of Reality'

Marilyn Manson has responded to allegations of sexual and physical abuse, calling them "horrible distortions of reality."

Fuck off, you thumb looking fuck.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
  • She was 18, he was 36
  • Groomed her
  • Forced her to look certain ways or he would name call and ridicule her
  • Made her cut off all close friends and family
  • Bouts of extreme jealousy, resulting in him recking their home, cornering her in a room, threatening her
  • Threatened others with force or legal action if they tried to expose him
  • He bragged about being able to have people killed because he was friends with multiple gangs
  • He illegally collected data on people that he could use as blackmail
  • Monitored her cell phone, put spyware on her computer, and hacked into her emails/social media accounts so she could not reach out for help
  • Broke her down through means of starvation, sleep deprevation, and threats against her life, sometimes with deadly weapons
  • Would not allow her to sleep until she participated in acts of fear, pain, torture, and humiliation
  • He videotaped much of it, where he can be heard threatening to kill her, her friends, and/or members of her family
  • He threatened to leak parts of these tapes and photographs he took as a way to keep her quiet
  • She mustered the courage to leave several times but would call her incessantly threatening to kill himself
  • Tied her up by her hands and feet and beat her, shocked sensitive parts of her body with a torture device called a violet wand
  • She submitted these tapes to the state/police but it could not be viewed because the statute of limitations on the case has run out

Jesus Christ. Sickening.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Those people were never going to change their mind. I mean, what kind of person likes Manson in 2021?

I did, up until all this surfaced. Can you loosen up with the personal attacks on people who were just listening to music?

People still defending him are tools though.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So the guy who wore "sickness", perversion and all that jazz on his sleeves ended up being an actual abuser?
This is Occam's Razor at it's best, I watched a few out-of-context interviews over the years and he seemed an ok guy so it's disappointing but I really shouldn't be surprised.

Hope he gets confronted hard for his abuses and that she and other women get all the justice and peace they deserve.