• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SJurgenson

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
But what is evidence enough for you? Would you let Biden touch your daughter any way he touches those females in those gifs or videos? Your mother?

I would accept evidence that is full, with context, video that shows Biden doing something that is "worse than these allegations".

"these allegations" are, sepcifically, the following seemingly disproven allgeation: "When it was Biden and my aunt's turn to say hello he quickly turned to me and asked how old I was. I replied with my age and he replied with the comment 'Fourteen? You're very well endowed for 14!'".

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
But this article is well sourced and ostensibly true (you can click through to the FEC filings)?

Weird take in a thread about jumping to conclusions re: stories people want to be true.

A story as easily shredded as the one in the OP should obviously have been vetted before anyone shared it.

this doesn't exist anymore. The right and "the left" won't allow it

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
If you really want to get the left back on board then rally against Biden and demand a better candidate. You won't be able to get EVERYONE back on board, because yeah, we're pretty pissed at how the establishment and the power structure dunked on Bernie and our movement, but you'd get my vote back and I'm sure many others. I'm not going to vote for a fucking rapist and I will keep reminding everyone he's a creep because he disgusts me.

If you don't like where we're at right now, then fucking do something about it.
Biden won the primary fair and square. Let's not revise history so soon. I still remember the vultures circling his campaign and anointing Bernie as the favorite. I remember the whole 'Biden has no cash' period just before Iowa with many calling his campaign all but dead.

Then the voting started.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's pretty clear what i'm saying. Certain leftists spend as much time, if not MORE, attacking democrats than they do the right, Trump (how many accusations does he have again? meh).

You don't actually hold the moral high ground when your actions do nothing more than poison the well, to muddy the waters and give validity to attacks from the right or to influence people to maybe just not bother. If we don't win this election, we're seriously fucked, so perhaps we should direct our energy in a direction that might actually do SOME (any?) good on a large scale. But I guess acting as if the democrats are just as bad is worth losing the courts for a generation.

I expect this from the "both sides suck, im voting green" grifters on youtube, but it shouldnt even be a question about how unhelpful that crap is. So left that you don't even care if any progress gets made... got it.

If you think the left hasn't attacked Trump for his sexual assault allegations than you don't know those on the left. Have you written letters to your representative and senator trying to get Trump impeached? Constantly? For over four years at this point? Don't you dare accuse people of not caring about Trump's victims.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Months): Driving thread derail in a sensitive thread; history of derailing threads, and multiple prior infractions for hostility and antagonizing behavior
Biden won the primary fair and square. Let's not revise history so soon. I still remember the vultures circling his campaign and anointing Bernie as the favorite.

Until voters had their say.
Are we already forgetting about the weekend before super tuesday? Or the media's treatment of Bernie and the left? I'm very proud of what we were able to accomplish with everything stacked against us and I accept our defeat, but don't gaslight me.

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I would accept evidence that is full, with context, video that shows Biden doing something that is "worse than these allegations".

"these allegations" are, sepcifically, the following seemingly disproven allgeation: "When it was Biden and my aunt's turn to say hello he quickly turned to me and asked how old I was. I replied with my age and he replied with the comment 'Fourteen? You're very well endowed for 14!'".
Wait, so you want video of him doing something worse for this to work out for you? There are already plenty of gifs and videos of him making girls feeling uncomfortable. Now answer the next part of my question, would you let Biden touch your daughter in any way that those young girls are touched in those gifs?

Vennt

Oct 27, 2017
Are we already forgetting about the weekend before super tuesday? Or the media's treatment of Bernie and the left? I'm very proud of what we were able to accomplish with everything stacked against us and I accept our defeat, but don't gaslight me.

That turnout for Bernie knocked everyones socks off!

I think the "Left" overestimates it's electoral importance, and far too much of Bernies support were international supporters without the ability to actually get out and vote for him, vocal, loud, but ultimately a toothless minority.

Deleted member 60096

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2019

The issue is that the context from the gifs and clips of Biden and the young girls is clear as the news banner is clearly visible in them, plus the full video doesn't seem to be easy to track down, most of the new networks videos of the swearing in ceremonies still online seem to have specifically left out these clips. So what can actually be done to make you give a fuck?

EDIT: Found it:
www.c-span.org

Senate Ceremonial Swearing-In with Vice President Biden

Vice President Biden held a ceremonial swearing-in ceremony with newly-elected and re-elected senators. The event happens at the start of each Congress in the Old Senate Chamber. The official swearing-in ceremony took place earlier in the Senate chambers on the opening day of the 114th Congress.

Last edited:

'3y Kingdom

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine if certain liberals worked with us to build a better world, if only for a little while.

(see how that sounds?)
2214.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that it's still acceptable to punch left and then wonder why said leftists don't ally themselves among you really shows the superficial values many liberals possess.
This article isn't undeniable proof that the left are doing the right's work, just cut the bullshit.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Weeks): Hostility Over a Sensitive Subject; Prior Bans for Hostility
Thank you. Liberals expecting obedience when it's convenient for them yet have no recollection of how leftists were treated prior to that is some top-shelf shit.
Now leftists are 'grifters' trying to poison the well, haha

Are you sure about that? Can you elaborate what it says about me?
I'd love to know. We are talking about Biden, right?
Yes. It says you're gullible and prone to confirmation bias that you think Joe Biden talking about a 14 year old girl's boobs is "incredibly believable."

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Driving thread derail in a sensitive thread
Think about it. If this 'fix' was in, this means that 100% of all the people that was involved in the primary had to be in on it, including observers from Bernie's camp. Each primary is essentially 50 individual elections. You're telling me, that 100% of all these people in 50 individual primaries involved this primary season were all in on the fix, including Bernie-leaning supporters? Don't you think that just one credible whistleblower will blow everything out of the water if given the chance, especially for something so juicy and especially with many journalist/bloggers looking for juicy scoops? I'm not gonna deny that there are some systemic biases present in the system, but trying to cast the DNC as this masterful organization that can control everyone 100% and then saying they are composed of incompetent fucks to have 'chosen Biden' just doesn't make sense. Not to mention insulting to the majority of everyday Democrats that did chose him by democratic means.

SJurgenson

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The issue is that the context from the gifs and clips of Biden and the young girls is clear as the news banner is clearly visible in them, plus the full video doesn't seem to be easy to track down, most of the new networks videos of the swearing in ceremonies still online seem to have specifically left out these clips. So what can actually be done to make you give a fuck?

I'm not interested in your, and other posters, attempts to move the goal posts and further derail the thread.

Last edited:

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Think about it. If this 'fix' was in, this means that 100% of all the people that was involved in the primary had to be in on it, including observers from Bernie's camp. Each primary is essentially 50 individual elections. You're telling me, that 100% of all these people in 50 individual primaries involved this primary season were all in on the fix, including Bernie-leaning supporters? Don't you think that just one credible whistleblower will blow everything out of the water if given the chance, especially for something so juicy and especially with many journalist/bloggers looking for juicy scoops? I'm not gonna deny that there are some systemic biases present in the system, but trying to cast the DNC as this masterful organization that can control everyone 100% and then saying they are composed of incompetent fucks to have 'chosen Biden' just doesn't make sense. Not to mention insulting to the majority of everyday Democrats that did chose him by democratic means.
I didn't say "the fix was in". But tell me of another time when 3 candidates dropped and endorsed a rival the weekend before Super Tuesday.

Actually, nevermind. This is full derailment.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

Candidates dropping out, and their voters subsequently picking Biden over Bernie, isn't cheating. If Bernie was ever going to get more than 30% of the party vote, that was the time. If anything, Bloomberg staying in is the only thing that made some of the races close.

A candidate being able to build a coalition out of a fractured primary is ideal for national elections.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
It's important to remember that victims of sexual assault are the target here with any false accusation against Biden. The people starting these are targeting your trauma for their political gain, because they KNOW women who are victims are going to be justifiably upset by false stories. If the woman vote is eroded, trump wins. These people saw the writing on the wall with women turnout in 2018.

Everyone needs to be vigilante with these types of accusations, because the goal is to make people relive their trauma to deter them from voting and to upset them. Calling victims gullible is not the right approach, when they are being targeted due to their trauma.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Not sure what's going here but it's probably best to let things lie and eventually they get sorted out one way or another.

With that said my first reaction to the story brought about some sadness and anxiety so to hear it's fake is just as whip lashing. A good reminder to be patient.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
It's been said before and it'll be said again. What a clusterfuck.

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Never a good idea to jump to conclusions with initial accusations of sexual assault or misconduct, particularly in the heat of an election race. Let the findings play out. And understand that Republicans are looking to use Democrats' "bleeding heart" empathy against them, both those that mean well and others on the left that have turned the idea of Biden into a caricature and are primed to play along.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
I'm not interested in your, and other posters, attempts to move the goal posts and further derail the thread.
Here, took awhile but I found it. And if you want to easily see the parts of Biden being a creep to young girls, the site has its own clips section for the video cause I ain't searching out timestamps for you.
www.c-span.org

Senate Ceremonial Swearing-In with Vice President Biden

Vice President Biden held a ceremonial swearing-in ceremony with newly-elected and re-elected senators. The event happens at the start of each Congress in the Old Senate Chamber. The official swearing-in ceremony took place earlier in the Senate chambers on the opening day of the 114th Congress.
This is how fake news spreads.

"Maybe he didnt do it but it sure seems like he would!" I heard the same thing over stupid Clinton conspiracies .
I'm pointing out that it is understandable why people believed this allegation because he has done similar shit in the past, I'm not saying that this specific allegation is true. I'm not peddling any conspiracy by pointing out he is a well known creep

Andalusia

Alt Account
Sep 26, 2019
Eh my original post isn't worth the ban here but I just want to say I can't stand the people here who live through confirmation bias whenever any news comes out that supports whatever they believe. The mob mentality here is real.

Now let's get Trump out of office.
Very good post. A prevailing mentality of a lot of people here seems to be "I don't like person X already so I want accusation Y to be true regardless of it's merits and integrity". As much as some people on here try and kid themselves they really aren't neutral open minded free thinkers, they have serious biases, dogmas and closes mindedness as well.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is how fake news spreads.

"Maybe he didnt do it but it sure seems like he would!" I heard the same thing over stupid Clinton
conspiracies .

I distinctly remember an acquaintance posting something about Obama on Facebook. My sister linked an article showing it wasn't true. To which the person literally responded with "well, I could see HIM doing it!"

Was one of the dumbest fucking things I have ever seen.

Andalusia

Alt Account
Sep 26, 2019
This.
Is.
Not.
A.
Court.
Room.

For the love of God please stop talking about this as if when I judge Joe Biden, he's going to be jailed for life.
The most that people have been calling for to happen to Joe is that he not be made the nominee so he doesn't get to be the fucking president of the united states. Even if that happened, thats not his life being ruined, as he isn't automatically entitled to become the president just because he wants to.
These are fair points about him not being jailed for life etc...but what I would is just because the potential punishment isn't a life imprisonment or something to that extent doesn't mean it's not unjust.

My thought process in these specific situations is to put myself in that persons shoes. Let's say either of you were up for your dream job and you get rejected because during the course of the interview your employer believes some false accusation about you. Wouldn't you feel that as massively unjust? I don't think a single person on the planet wouldn't.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
These are fair points about him not being jailed for life etc...but what I would is just because the potential punishment isn't a life imprisonment or something to that extent doesn't mean it's not unjust.

My thought process in these specific situations is to put myself in that persons shoes. Let's say either of you were up for your dream job and you get rejected because during the course of the interview your employer believes some false accusation about you. Wouldn't you feel that as massively unjust? I don't think a single person on the planet wouldn't.
He isn't just up for a fucking nice job, he's aiming to become the fucking president of the united states. This would be the equivalent of if in your scenario he was applying to become the fucking CEO of the company. For positions of such power as president or supreme court justice, it is better to err on the side of caution and not let a potential sexual harasser/rapist into power than to assume their innocence because only in the scenario of them being put to jail, they don't actually lose anything from not getting these positions, you're merely preventing them from seizing even more power to potentially abuse

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Creepy personal space issues aside, I'm still voting for Biden.

I'm starting to doubt most of the other allegations against him too.

The timing of all this is very suspicious and he's not trying to hide any records of anything.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Of course. I had to bail from another thread on here because I rightfully pointed out a bunch of the trending #believebiden hive were bots. Posters immediately insulted me because they were CONVINCED it was all legit and basically forgot the basic rules and ways of twitter to fit their worldview as if I was the insane one for bringing the basic fact political shit trending high is either scandal or bot related (trying to push an issue into the former).

In general we have to look at any and all news for bias. This doesn't mean don't look at any accusation seriously, but its like, do the fucking basics guys. Even Trump news I double check (mostly in the vain hopes they got it wrong, but still)

SimonChris

Oct 27, 2017
According to Murry's testimony, she went to lots of different political events at the time, met Biden multiple times, and only vaguely remembers the date of the alleged incident as occurring somewhere around May.

Given that multiple people have confirmed that she told them about the incident earlier, isn't it at least a possibility that she has the Gridiron dinner mixed up with one of the many similar events she attended at the time?

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
To the point, this doesn't somehow absolve Biden's behaviour towards women and children. The fact that is was incredibly believable says a lot on its own. Unless you believe Reade's allegation is also false?

Reade's had a list of her own problems in the last couple of days.

Genuine question to some of you, does Biden seem like a creep to you?

No, no he doesn't. Congratulations, you've found a few gifs over his entire decades. He's overly touchy, he's been called out on it, he's apologized, it hasn't happened since. Everyone in Congress including his political rivals and Donald fucking Trump have come out in his defense, all saying they've never seen any evidence of what he's been accused of. He's been vetted by the GOP several times and Obama, never finding anything.

Andalusia

Alt Account
Sep 26, 2019
He isn't just up for a fucking nice job, he's aiming to become the fucking president of the united states. This would be the equivalent of if in your scenario he was applying to become the fucking CEO of the company. For positions of such power as president or supreme court justice, it is better to err on the side of caution and not let a potential sexual harasser/rapist into power than to assume their innocence because only in the scenario of them being put to jail, they don't actually lose anything from not getting these positions, you're merely preventing them from seizing even more power to potentially abuse
Ok fair enough, but I don't think it changes too much if anything about my question tbh. I'll reword nonetheless and re-propose it to you.

If you were up for a dream job as a CEO/position of power/etc. and were rejected because of a false accusation against you would you think that was fair on you?

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
it is better to err on the side of caution and not let a potential sexual harasser/rapist into power than to assume their innocence because only in the scenario of them being put to jail, they don't actually lose anything from not getting these positions, you're merely preventing them from seizing even more power to potentially abuse

This is the fundamental problem with getting our pitchforks out for these allegations. Legally speaking our hands are tied and there is no way someone is going to jail just based on the word of the accuser. Various people in power understand this so as long as legal expenses are high and the accuser simply lacks sufficient evidence to make taking on their case worth the risk then the smart play for people in power is to continue to obfuscate. I wish they did take more into mind the part I highlighted but that never (and I rarely use this word) happens.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it won't be the only copycat story to pop up about Biden, hopefully we continue to see more good reporting than bad on this important topic.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
But there is no verifiable evidence.

The organizers of the event have said he wasn't there. His schedule says he wasn't there. He had surgery at the time and newspapers list him as out of commission.

If this isn't true, someone who did attend will come forward in next couple of days to say that yes, he was at the event. Unless you think that everyone at the event is involved in some great conspiracy, which is entirely ludicrous.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Ok fair enough, but I don't think it changes too much if anything about my question tbh. I'll reword nonetheless and re-propose it to you.

If you were up for a dream job as a CEO/position of power/etc. and were rejected because of a false accusation against you would you think that was fair on you?
I would probably be upset but yes I would think it was fair for the exact reasoning I just gave. Maybe if it was a job that didn't involve me wielding a position of power over people I'd find it unfair but that single aspect of the job in question vastly changes the stakes involved in the decision of whether or not I get the job that its completely fair to err on the side of caution and refuse me the job.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
According to Murry's testimony, she went to lots of different political events at the time, met Biden multiple times, and only vaguely remembers the date of the alleged incident as occurring somewhere around May.

Given that multiple people have confirmed that she told them about the incident earlier, isn't it at least a possibility that she has the Gridiron dinner mixed up with one of the many similar events she attended at the time?

Pretty interesting, but probably not enough for...some.

We're getting 4 more years. Fucking hell. What a mess.

The title is misleading, I believe. Judging by the OP, what we have is just the statement of the organizers of the event, and the circumstancial evidence of Biden's illness. As far as i'm concerned, this doesn't "show" anything. It's yet another case of her vs him. And people, predictably, are all too eager to dismiss the accusation and side with Biden.

Also, the title is in very poor taste. The name of the accuser is sufficient, we don't want her to be known as the "nice boobs" woman.

This is blowing my mind. He wasn't at the event. This is a false accusation, and some people's first reaction is still that he must have done it. It must have been somewhere else. The organizers are lying. It certainly can't be that the only source was a pro-Trump source.

The good news is that none of this has moved the needle at all. Reade's stuff has been out there for a month and Biden has only been doing better in the polls. The entirety of the democratic party has united behind him.

Tried in court? You have no idea what happens to a typical woman who makes these accusations against a random man, let alone one that wields the type of power that Joe Biden does, do you?

I'm serious here, all of you that are bitching and whining about this story and saying see "innocent until proven guilty" make me so fucking sad. Your empathy is misplaced. It really is.

Not really. Johnny Depp as far as I'm aware didn't have a history of beating women on camera when Amber Heard made her claims, whereas Joe Biden has absolutely been creepy asf to young girls live on camera for everyone to see before. People believed this because he has literally done this shit before where everyone can see him

The entire point of this is HE HASN'T DONE THIS SHIT BEFORE. He's never said anything like this, and he's never been accused of anything close to rape. The idea that an accusation is enough to flush someone away and we shouldn't wait for an actual investigation is idiotic, especially when there's a situation like this when there's an obvious advantage to certain political sides to make the accused go away.

I'm seeing a whole lot of "the right" and "the GOP" being said here, but nothing about a thread with a bunch of people who declare themselves leftists, and leftists on twitter falling for this and spreading it as if it was true.

"BelieveWomen" has been morphed and twisted into something it was never intended to be, a litmus test where if you don't immediately believe every detail and declare the accused guilty, you are an enabler, a woman hater, and someone who doesn't care about victims. BelieveWomen is about taking accusations seriously, not ignoring them, and properly investigating them. This has been completely lost among many, and enabled here.

100% and should be the first post in any sexual accusation thread.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
it is better to err on the side of caution and not let a potential sexual harasser/rapist into power than to assume their innocence because only in the scenario of them being put to jail, they don't actually lose anything from not getting these positions, you're merely preventing them from seizing even more power to potentially abuse

All it takes is a single accusation? Imagine how that would be weaponized. I don't think this makes any sense at all.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
All it takes is a single accusation? Imagine how that would be weaponized. I don't think this makes any sense at all.
Do you think Kavanaugh being put on the supreme court despite the allegations against him was the correct decision? Whether yes or no, why?
The entire point of this is HE HASN'T DONE THIS SHIT BEFORE. He's never said anything like this, and he's never been accused of anything close to rape. The idea that an accusation is enough to flush someone away and we shouldn't wait for an actual investigation is idiotic, especially when there's a situation like this when there's an obvious advantage to certain political sides to make the accused go away.
Are you just purposefully ignoring how creepy he is gotten with children on camera before or have you just managed to not see any of that somehow? Cause yes he absolutely has done shit of a similar nature to this before

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017

I believe her Aunt also says it was there since she claims she was with her